You need a MOISTURE-DRENCHED Pre-Poo?!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I think SprAngz made a Blend of this.

It smells practically identical to my DIY'er. I bought SprAngz to try it out and it is nothing more than this Moisture Drenched Pre-Poo. IMO.

Prolly 'lurked' over here and got the recipe, tweaked it and is now selling it.

I ended up adding a couple drops of ACV in mine. I think ACV is in SprAngz's version.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Still using my SprAngz version of this Moisture Drenched Pre-Poo.

Very little difference (if any) between my Homemade version and this version except I didn't hafta' make it.:giggle:

Both are a great detangling/moisturizing mixture

Fine 4s

I finally tried this tonight.
My hair has been a dry mess for weeks.
I used aloe vera gel that's been sitting in my fridge for at least 2 if not more years.
I blended it and then added grapeseed oil. Another oil that's been sitting around for years and has probably past its shelf life.
Then applied the coconut oil. It was easy to finger detangle using this method and I liked it!
I left it on for an hour or so.
My hair felt soft until I used that darn clarifying poo. I only used it because I felt like the VO5 co0wash wasn't going to remove all the oil.
Sitting under the hairdryer now with some random Nubian DC I stole from someone.
Then will put some cocoa tree detangling ghee and then cut my ends....cut way more than just the ends since I have breakage.

Day 1 - The hair feels moisturized finally but for how long? I like the Aloe gel as a moisture/liquid use.

Last edited:

Dee-Licious

I tried this again and left it on overnight (because I got too lazy to wash my hair). It wasn't nearly as moisturizing as when you leave it on only for an hour or so. So I don't recommend leaving this mixture on overnight.
Darn! I'm in the bed with this now and no way I'm getting up. Oh well, my DC should be able to make up for it.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Bumping by your request @YvetteWithJoy.

The title of the thread is, "You need a moisture drenched pre-poo"

This is my method I created and use to have deeply moisturized hair. I've shared it and my LOC method with about 14,000 women, which was the number of women on my mailing list [which I no longer have].

Enjoy!

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Bumping by your request @YvetteWithJoy.

The title of the thread is, "You need a moisture drenched pre-poo"

This is my method I created and use to have deeply moisturized hair. I've shared it and my LOC method with about 14,000 women, which was the number of women on my mailing list [which I no longer have].

Enjoy!

Many thanks!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hey! Thank you! I have most normal porosity (and a little low porosity), so maybe I can try this mixture. Are you?

Yes, I'm going to mix it.

Rationale:
Since I began prepooing (which is EXCELLENT for my hair/routine/regimen), that means I've added another PRODUCT. Perhaps if I can make an ayurvedic prepoo using the ayurverdic oil I'm already making/using, then I can eliminate that PRODUCT (including its cost, shipping fees, etc.).

I don't know, though. It might be hard to decided between what sounds like wonderful moisture from the DIY prepoo, and the serious multi-tasking properties of the next prepoo I'm trialing. It detoxifies, stimulates the scalp, detangles, etc.

Here's a description:
Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/454063...ry=african+black+soap&ref=shop_items_search_1

Our Pre-poo Hair Mud Mask is formulated with natural nutrient-rich ingredients which help to purify, detox, and revive hair while stimulating your scalp. This pre-poo works by penetrating the hair roots and nourishes them with essential vitamins and minerals that work together to strengthen hair leaving it healthier, purified and detoxed.

Ingredients:

Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Purified Water, Organic Green Tea, Bentonite Clay, Liquid African Black Soap (Saponified Shea Butter, Water, Cocoa Pod Ash, Plantain Peel Ash, Palm Oil, Camwood), Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Dead Sea Salt, Citric Acid (Vegetable Derived), All Natural Fragrance Oil, Organic Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Radish Root, Organic Honeysuckle Flower Extract, Organic Honeysuckle Extract, Organic Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Organic Gluconolactone (Plant Derived), Vitamin E.​

trueheartofgold

Yes, I'm going to mix it.

Rationale:
Since I began prepooing (which is EXCELLENT for my hair/routine/regimen), that means I've added another PRODUCT. Perhaps if I can make an ayurvedic prepoo using the ayurverdic oil I'm already making/using, then I can eliminate that PRODUCT (including its cost, shipping fees, etc.).

I don't know, though. It might be hard to decided between what sounds like wonderful moisture from the DIY prepoo, and the serious multi-tasking properties of the next prepoo I'm trialing. It detoxifies, stimulates the scalp, detangles, etc.

Here's a description:
Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/454063...ry=african+black+soap&ref=shop_items_search_1

Our Pre-poo Hair Mud Mask is formulated with natural nutrient-rich ingredients which help to purify, detox, and revive hair while stimulating your scalp. This pre-poo works by penetrating the hair roots and nourishes them with essential vitamins and minerals that work together to strengthen hair leaving it healthier, purified and detoxed.

Ingredients:

Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Purified Water, Organic Green Tea, Bentonite Clay, Liquid African Black Soap (Saponified Shea Butter, Water, Cocoa Pod Ash, Plantain Peel Ash, Palm Oil, Camwood), Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Dead Sea Salt, Citric Acid (Vegetable Derived), All Natural Fragrance Oil, Organic Vegetable Glycerin, Organic Radish Root, Organic Honeysuckle Flower Extract, Organic Honeysuckle Extract, Organic Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Organic Gluconolactone (Plant Derived), Vitamin E.​

Thanks for the explanation! Did you get the full size mask or a sample? Now I want one! Lol!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Thanks for the explanation! Did you get the full size mask or a sample? Now I want one! Lol!

LOL!

I ordered 1 full and 2 samples because there are quite a few varieties available. But . . . *Birdman hand rub* . . . The seller is giving me all full-size jars because she forgot to tell me my products wouldn't ship until after the holiday. I'm so grateful!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy, That's wonderful! So you ordered three of the same or different products?

I ordered the African Black Soap one, the Red Palm Oil and Hibiscus one, and the Rosemary Apple Cider Vinegar one.

I was going to only order one, and then I saw that September No Buy thread and decided I needed to make sure I had enough to last me. So I ordered 10 oz. of the black soap one and the smaller samples of the other two. But she's giving me 10 oz. of everything! So grateful.

Another reason I ordered all 3: I wanted to see if the African Black Soap and/or the Rosemary Apple Cider Vinegar one would enable me to skip shampooing. (I had originally set out to try the Red Palm and Hibiscus one because of something I read about the effects of red palm oil on the hair.)

trueheartofgold

I ordered the African Black Soap one, the Red Palm Oil and Hibiscus one, and the Rosemary Apple Cider Vinegar one.

I was going to only order one, and then I saw that September No Buy thread and decided I needed to make sure I had enough to last me. So I ordered 10 oz. of the black soap one and the smaller samples of the other two. But she's giving me 10 oz. of everything! So grateful.

Another reason I ordered all 3: I wanted to see if the African Black Soap and/or the Rosemary Apple Cider Vinegar one would enable me to skip shampooing. (I had originally set out to try the Red Palm and Hibiscus one because of something I read about the effects of red palm oil on the hair.)

Please let me know how they work for you. Maybe they'll have a Black Friday sale.

long.hair.dont.care

I gotta share my testimony! The pre-poo worked for me after changing hairstyles on top of the same cornrows for 3 months of protective styling. You could imagine the shed hairs costing me hours of misery. But nope, not this time, thanks to this pre-poo my finger detangling session and wash day were less than an hour. Before this, finger detangling would be a + 4-hour burden, I wish I was exaggerating. I've only tried this once, but this is permanently part of my routine from now on. I am very grateful, thank you @Chicoro !

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I gotta share my testimony! The pre-poo worked for me after changing hairstyles on top of the same cornrows for 3 months of protective styling. You could imagine the shed hairs costing me hours of misery. But nope, not this time, thanks to this pre-poo my finger detangling session and wash day were less than an hour. Before this, finger detangling would be a + 4-hour burden, I wish I was exaggerating. I've only tried this once, but this is permanently part of my routine from now on. I am very grateful, thank you @Chicoro !

Thank you for letting me know. I am glad it worked for you!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm using it, @Chicoro, and it has my coils super defined when I do. If I use a moisturizing poo and DC -- and do not strip my hair with too much hot water, etc. -- then my coils stay extremely defined.

My aim is to do this for 6 weeks straight and evaluate. :up:

I will be using this prepoo method instead of my usual method of using a coconut oil -containing deep conditioner for prepooing.

I will also skip chelating.

During the 6 weeks that I do this, I will evaluate tangling, knotting, detangling, amounts of shed and broken hair, product build-up, moisture levels, and coil definition.

I'm doing this because I have an inkling that I've been on a roller coaster ride of hydrating my hair, then stripping most of the hydration, then hydrating the hair . . .

snoop

Trying this this morning after seeing so many positive reviews. I'd tried it years ago and it didn't work, but at the time my hair liked neither coconut oil nor AVJ. This will be my first time in about 5 years putting coconut oil on my hair but my porosity has changed and my hair now likes AVJ. I used a steam cap because I didn't think that I'd have time to sit for a full hour. I'm trying to decide whether to co-wash or to clay wash it out.

I want to try it on my son's hair later. I'll report back later/tomorrow with my updates.

snoop

So here are my updates: I used babassu and hemp seed as my two oils. I find that these two in combination are great for detangling in general.

Lessons learned: It's probably not a good thing to clay wash unless I have a lot of time or perhaps am washing in twists. I've got some slight traces of clay that I think are still clinging to the oil. Not enough to make me jump back in the shower and try to wash it out, today. :sekret:

Positive results: I was able to remove a ton of shed hair easily which is why I wanted to try this methods, again. My hair feels soft and well lubricated. I LOCed after and put my hair into 6 twists.

I also noticed that my hair felt heavy. Like I finished sewing a lot of weave into my hair. I think it was the oil. Or maybe my hair has grown a lot since I last washed it loose.

I'll see how my hair feels over the next couple of days but right now I don't see any reason not to use this method again. In fact, I think that I would be silly not to use this method on a regular basis until my shedding subsides.