Your favorite ayurvedic shampoo bar?

Sondice

Ok so after months of research and debate, I've decided that I want to start an Ayurvedic reggie. I've been using the oils for a while, and I know what powders I would like to use, but I'm lost about what kind of shampoo bar I should use. There's just so many. Which ones are you ladies in love with?

I've only used one and that's the Swastik Shikakai Bar. It was the best clarifying cleanser I've ever used. My products worked like magic after a lather of that bar.

Swastik Shikakai with jaswand (hibiscus) and marigold. This one blew the original out of the water for me. It's not as drying and left my hair super soft and lush! I almost hate to use conditioner after rinsing.

Swastik Shikakai with jaswand (hibiscus) and marigold. This one blew the original out of the water for me. It's not as drying and left my hair super soft and lush! I almost hate to use conditioner after rinsing.

Yea I heard hibiscus is suppose to be like super. conditioning. I def wanna use the powder too

I love the Swastik Shikakai and the Godrej 3 in one bars. I have the one from Chargin Valley but I seem to like these less expensive bars more.

Thanks for the review, would you mind me asking if you use this as a regular shampoo or as a clarifier? Thank you!

Last edited:

I'm going to have to try that one. I was looking at it a few days ago.

Hibiscus has a wonderful conditioning and softening effect. I love to use the powder itself. Very moisturizing, combined with Brahmi and Kapur kachli, and a lil' dab of methi, I'm in heaven.

I've only used one and that's the Swastik Shikakai Bar. It was the best clarifying cleanser I've ever used. My products worked like magic after a lather of that bar.

OMG its you!! I was watching your channel on you tube about the curlformers!! I love the way you explained things!! Sorry to be off subject:lachen::lachen:

Just a quick question, some (alot) of LHCF members say that the ayurvedic oils have mineral oil in them and that its not good for your hair. This scared the crap out of me and caused me to toss my oils :wallbash::wallbash:and order powders. May I ask which oils you have and do it have mineral oil in them?

THX and plz make more vid's

Anywhere I can order online? I tried the red one and loved it but I do not like that the red colored my hair. Any non red shikaki bars?

OMG its you!! I was watching your channel on you tube about the curlformers!! I love the way you explained things!! Sorry to be off subject:lachen::lachen:

Just a quick question, some (alot) of LHCF members say that the ayurvedic oils have mineral oil in them and that its not good for your hair. This scared the crap out of me and caused me to toss my oils :wallbash::wallbash:and order powders. May I ask which oils you have and do it have mineral oil in them?

Hi! You know I don't have any Ayurvedic practices in my regimen anymore. But I have seen a couple of oils that have been refined that have mineral oil in them. But the label will say it so make sure to check it out. I wasn't aware of any powders having mineral oil. And if for some reason the ingredients aren't clearly listed I wouldn't buy it. HTH! (thx for checking out the YT ;-)

sorry to hijack OP!

Thanks for the review, would you mind me asking if you use this as a regular shampoo or as a clarifier? Thank you!
I initially used it as a clarifier, but it's gentle enough to use as a regular poo bar. It's a deep clean w/o the dry stripped feeling I get from regular shikakai or aritha bars.

I use Dabur Vatika, Ramirth Brahmi and Mahabhrinaj (lol close enough) and all of these are mineral oil free. Also if Im not mistaken, Parachute oil dosent have any mineral oil in it either. You can order amla oil without mineral oil from fromnaturewithlove.com. All of the ones Ive seen in the Indian stores have mineral oil in them

Back