Your hair grew because...

Should she return the ring?

• Total voters

Gryphyn

If I could select the first three options I would have. Also, keeping my hair protected is a huge contributor.

DozenRoses99

Unfortunately, some stylists do not like dealing with long hair. i had a few stylists tell me that my hair was too long when it was only a little past my shoulder. They would rather deal with short hair because it dries quicker, and they know how to style it better.

Dana03 said:
[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
[ QUOTE ]
bree said:
[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
I get a trim every 6 -8 weeks usually.I still accumulate length since my stylist trims only 1/8 of an inch.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have a good stylist. mine would cut off at least an inch. thats why i'd only let her do it every time i relaxed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to have a stylist like that.She would be like"Don't worry!I'm only gonna cut 2 inches"
Imagine that happening every 6-8 weeks.My hair just kept getting shorter and shorter.
She was good otherwise but I had to leave her because of that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here!
I loved my FORMER stylist too! She could do an awesome roller wrap.. Her only downfall was trimming, if I didn't know any better I would think she was hatin

Belladonna

For me less is best.
Less chemicals
less trimming
less manipulation

For the more side I would say a more healthy lifestyle and more moisture/conditioning

loved

In the past, I had the most hair growth w/ straw sets. I would do about 12 braids braiding halfway down, use a heavy bergamot type grease on the ends, and then straw curl the hair that was left out. Since my hair was tightly curled all the time, I wasn't trimming that often, but it has been a few years since I wore this style.

Shayla

seems like my hair hates heat, chemicals, and manipulation

as long as i leave it in braids, sew-ins, or twists, it grows and grows...as soon as i do anything else to it, it falls to the floor...lol

C

chica_canella

Lorraine said:
Tracy,
That is the first time I have ever heard that. Is your hair really healthy because the first thing people tell me is get your ends trimmed regularly and I wonder if it's necessary all the time.

I think the key is to take care of your hair so you won't have to get it trimmed as often. I understand now, why my former stylist trimmed my hair so much. After blow drying, pressing then flat ironing every two weeks you would need a def trim every six week.

curlyj

1)I joined this forum one and left it alone....I'm currently BSL in back(stretched)after a severe cut that left me above SL July of 05'. Protective Styles allowed my hair to grow to the longest my hair has ever been. 2)I stopped coloring, at least until my goal of MBL is reached. And followed a post about "Treatments For Colored Girls Only"...i nursed my hair back to health for a year and grew it out for the next year...
My journey of two years has resulting in hair I once had but never this length. I've retained my inches, my hair has volume(check out the pin curls), and its much thicker- not too mention stronger...strand by strand.
THANK YOU LADIES!!!!!!

Sorry the pics are so fuzzy...I posted to say you can have a head full of NEW hair in 2 years(and for some less)...As I grew my hair color OUT...

Attachments

• 175396096645_0_0.jpg
    175396096645_0_0.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 175396602373_0_0.jpg
    175396602373_0_0.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 175396367749_0_0.jpg
    175396367749_0_0.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 175396207877_0_0.jpg
    175396207877_0_0.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 175396059141_0_0.jpg
    175396059141_0_0.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

enscott14

For me, I definitely have to say going natural. I've been natural for a year and some change now and the difference in growth and health is unbelievable. Unfortunetely for me I wait too long to get trims so I'll obtain growth, but then have to get a lot of it cut, but I am know going to maintain getting my ends trimmed or dusted ONLY when I see them starting to stray.

However, my hair is the healthiest it's been since I was a little girl having my grandma straighten my hair with a straightening comb, so as long as it grows healthy that's what really makes me happy.

Ohhhh, and definitely daily vitamins and excersising regurlarly. Excercising get's the circulation of blood flowing, so hair growth and excersise go hand and hand.

Ms Red

My hair grew because:

-I stopped relaxing (last relaxer: 4/7/2005)
-I stopped using heat (last use of heat: 7/2005)
-I started washing and deep conditioning more frequently
-I stopped manipulating it so much (i.e. I don't "comb" or "brush" much during washings)
-I stopped wearing weaves back-to-back (If I wear one now it is occasionally and only for 1 month at a time)
-I let my hair "breath" from grease, parabens, mineral oil and petroleum
-I moisturize it now

This has helped me retain a lot of length, fullness, thicken up my hairline and achieve a healthy head of hair. I <3 LHCF!

neenzmj

None of the options listed applied for me. My hair has grown simply because I stopped chasing the latest hairstyle and stepped away from the scissors.

TLC1020

- I started using products that work well with my hair texture and stop allowing stylist to use whatever products they have in their possession.
- Stretch relaxer
- Bunning 95 %
- Stop Wrapping (Cross Wrap as an Alternative)

aharriswarthen

I once was going to a stylist whom trimmed my hair each time I got a touch-up (six to eight weeks). At one point I told her, no more trimming. I went from neck to shoulders in a few months. If it does not need trimming - don't trim it. You will be better of "dusting" yourself...!

MissMarie

***sigh***
cupcake said:
My hair grew because:

-I stopped relaxing (last relaxer: 4/7/2005)
-I stopped using heat (last use of heat: 7/2005)
-I started washing and deep conditioning more frequently
-I stopped manipulating it so much (i.e. I don't "comb" or "brush" much during washings)
-I stopped wearing weaves back-to-back (If I wear one now it is occasionally and only for 1 month at a time)
-I let my hair "breath" from grease, parabens, mineral oil and petroleum
-I moisturize it now

This has helped me retain a lot of length, fullness, thicken up my hairline and achieve a healthy head of hair. I <3 LHCF!

co-signing with everything, it's basically what I've done minus some details
through the tips on this board I learned to leave my hair alone, all of the manipulation was preventing me from retaining length and the products were clogging my scalp and coating instead of moisturizing my hair and with all of that my hair wasn't even cute :lol: so I changed all my habits and products and basically went low maintenance (except for extra time being super careful about detangling)

Last edited:

pistachio

I voted "no heat" as in not flat-ironing or blow-drying. Baggying my ends has help my hair not break, and to keep the ends perserved. oh yeah, and deep-conditioning frequently too!!

loasiaa

I left it alone too. Heat once a month, air dry instead of blow dry when I wash. Moisturize morning and night, wear loose ponytails, stopped the braid-outs which make my hair shed no matter what I did, and loosely pin my hair up at night. Oh I forgot drink lots of water. The same amount you drink when you are pregnant. :perplexed But it works. My hair is mid back length. Pics coming soon.

Studio_gal

Since I've started drinking at least 4 pints of water a day, daily scalp massages and keeping my natural hair moisturized.
(Lenzi's and BT may have helped too):)

No direct heat, daily moisture to ends, weekly deep conditioning, protective styling, relaxing no less than eight week and last but def not least with the support of all of you wonderful ladies at LHCF. Love you!

Serenity

Lusa

My hair's growing as per usual, what's key is that I am retaining length now. Better hair care practices have aided this. :)