Your hair grew because...

Should she return the ring?

• Total voters

ScorpioBeauty09

The last time my hair had a notable growth spurt I was totally stressed out trying to finish my final papers. I didn't do anything special except put my hair in a ponytail because my hair frizzed up like crazy a week after I was in the salon and I had no idea why. But I was so focused on finishing my work so I could go home I didn't much care. I of course went to the salon weeks later and everyone was like, your hair's growing and I'm like "Err... Ok."

IrisDaVirus

No chemicals
No heat
Regular conditioner washes
Wet detangling only
Trim when it's absolutely needed
Low maniuplation styling
No brushes (wide toothed combs only)
Protein treatments when needed
Oil rinses when needed using coconut or oilve oil
Avoiding products with petrolatum and mineral oil (they are VERY drying on my hair)

AtlantaJJ

Protective styling. Cleaned up my diet, added more protein, fruits and vegetables to my diet. Exercise!!

Shananyganz

thus far...leaving it alone. I've always had an alright diet, exercised, drank a lot of water and took vitamins off and on, but for the most part, it has been consistently leaving it alone and letting it be.

~S~

empressri

my hair grew because im alive. nothing else needed. just like my nails grew and my skin cells regenerated.

No heat and washing every 3 days has made all the difference in the world in retaining length for me. It all boils down to keep more moisture in my hair.

I intend to get a good flat iron one of these days to use on occasion.
Me too I was actually just looking for a chi or sedu on amazon

keenyme

i picked no relaxer/all natural, but really it's b/c i started sealing my ends every night. i rarely trim now.

ADB

My hair has always grew:look: but I will say it grew beyond bra strap length when I stopped going to scissor happy stylist.:yep:

I also think I retain more growth when my hair is flat ironed versus when I leave it natural. I've grown my hair to waist length just doing wash and go's and no stylist, but I noticed my ends sufferd a lot and I ended up cutting it. So I decided to grow it back out keeping it flat ironed and my ends are doing woderful this time. They are very healthy. I get regular dustings of my ends by DH. I get a trim maybe twice a year if needed.:yep: I only get my hair flat ironed once a month sometimes every two months.:yep:

Last edited:
For me I think that re-educating myself by obtaining info from you kind ladies has been a major factor. The things I have learnt are extending relaxers, lots of moisture especially on the ends and frequent washing. I started doing conditioner washes last week. I have also taken the plunge and I am now wearing my hair in a bun using the baggie technique - so far so good.

Ms Jennifer - I have looked at your progress. You have retained alot of length from your 1st picture to Dec 03

:):):):):):):)

aa9746

I voted no heat instead of all natural because I've been natural before and my hair stayed at neck length before I learned about healthy hair practices. Conditioning plays a big part too.

nik83

I voted no heat instead of all natural because I've been natural before and my hair stayed at neck length before I learned about healthy hair practices. Conditioning plays a big part too.

So true, thats he same reason I've BC multiple times. By the time it got to a certain point it would start breaking, even though my hair is not really long now, it is definitely healthy and set up for long hair growth.

BTW, where dod you get the numbered t-shirt from?

FabuLocks

I started this website in July I believe and that's when I started taking vitamins and washing my hair on a regular basis. I can honestly say that Wild Growth Oil has contributed to my growth. My hair was in the middle of my neck and after using the WGO it grew to the base of my neck within a 2-3 month period.

Wild growth does work quickly!!

**Covered Jewel**

racheljay1985

My hair grew because I left it alone. I kept products off of it, heat, neglected it with braids and lacefronts for like 2 years and it surprisingly, it grew past my shoulders from a big, natural 2" chop:yep: