Your Hair Product Wish List!!! Post Here.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'm scratching everything I posted before.

Some of it I obtained since posting, such as the Conair Wave clips and the EarthTones Naturals gelly. I have decided for 2018 to focus on personalizing a CurlyProverbz-inspired (ayurvedic) hair regimen, so my desire for other products is dissipating. I ordered a sample of the Amika RX DC that Naptural85 super DUPER raved about. I've been wondering about it for years!

So this is all that is currently on my hair products wish list at the moment (I know this is subject to change):
  1. Pibbs hair dryer
  2. Rhassoul clay
  3. Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion (reup; best shower detangling conditioner EVER! Will be the base of my CurlyProverbz DIY Henna Gloss)
  4. Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Masque ( :nono: I'm pretty sure I'm going to give them coins for this :cry3:)
  5. HairPrint Chelating Shampoo (reup)
  6. Lavender oil
  7. Helichrysum oil
  8. Fractionated coconut oil (reup)

Alma Petra

Some of it I obtained since posting, such as the Conair Wave clips and the EarthTones Naturals gelly. I have decided for 2018 to focus on personalizing a CurlyProverbz-inspired (ayurvedic) hair regimen, so my desire for other products is dissipating. I ordered a sample of the Amika RX DC that Naptural85 super DUPER raved about. I've been wondering about it for years!

So this is all that is currently on my hair products wish list at the moment (I know this is subject to change):
  1. Pibbs hair dryer
  2. Rhassoul clay
  3. Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion (reup; best shower detangling conditioner EVER! Will be the base of my CurlyProverbz DIY Henna Gloss)
  4. Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Masque ( :nono: I'm pretty sure I'm going to give them coins for this :cry3:)
  6. Lavender oil
  7. Helichrysum oil
Is the manuka DC better than the Hi po one?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Is the manuka DC better than the Hi po one?

I never really used the hipo one to DC (maybe a few times of which I don't recall the experience), but only as a prepoo.

The Manuka one is the best DC I've ever used. I improved my DC technique since first using it, and when I tried it again with that technique and rinsed with cold water . . . :thud:

And the results/effects are the same EVERY time. It wasn't a one-time deal or about the product combination of that day.

Alma Petra

I never really used the hipo one to DC (maybe a few times of which I don't recall the experience), but only as a prepoo.

The Manuka one is the best DC I've ever used. I improved my DC technique since first using it, and when I tried it again with that technique and rinsed with cold water . . . :thud:

And the results/effects are the same EVERY time. It wasn't a one-time deal or about the product combination of that day.
Does it perform better than CRN coconut water and Mielle DC?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Does it perform better than CRN coconut water and Mielle DC?

Has less slip than the Mielle Organics DC, but otherwise blows it out of the water on my hair.

And, if in my hair CRN coconut water is an 8.5 on a scale from 1 to 10, SM Manuka on my hair is a 9.5.

It contains protein but on my hair only feels like a moisturizing DC.

Smells yummy (sweet) though a smidgen strong. It fades yet lingers. DH adores it.

Alma Petra

Has less slip than the Mielle Organics DC, but otherwise blows it out of the water on my hair.

And, if in my hair CRN coconut water is an 8.5 on a scale from 1 to 10, SM Manuka on my hair is a 9.5.

It contains protein but on my hair only feels like a moisturizing DC.

Smells yummy (sweet) though a smidgen strong. It fades yet lingers. DH adores it.
Since my hair wasn't impressed a lot with Mielle and CRN, I may try this Shea Moisture one out. Many thanks!

Alma Petra

If you do, rinse cold. Try both with and without heat (I almost always use heat). If it's not impressive, return it to Target or WalMart or Sally's. :smile:
I'll make sure to do that except that I can't return my products because I'm not in the United States unfortunately. Do you still prefer to apply your DC on Dry hair that has old product on?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I'll make sure to do that except that I can't return my products because I'm not in the United States unfortunately. Do you still prefer to apply your DC on Dry hair that has old product on?

My first DC application, yes. I do a DC-wash-DC method. The first DCing functions as my prepoo. The second DCing functions as my DC, is post wash on as dry as possible but clean hair, and that is when I use the SM Manuka Masque.

Alma Petra

My first DC application, yes. I do a DC-wash-DC method. The first DCing functions as my prepoo. The second DCing functions as my DC, is post wash on as dry as possible but clean hair, and that is when I use the SM Manuka Masque.
Perfect! I also prefer to oil rinse before I cowash. The oil rinse functions like a pre-poo but I oil rinse on water-rinsed hair. So it fits in my regimen to apply the DC after I cowash.

LushLox

A new steamer, but they are very expensive over here so that'll have to wait until after Xmas.

I want KCC shampoo, their leave-in and their hair gel.
I also want to try out hydratherma naturals. Has anyone tried this line before? If so, how was it?

Beautiful, I've been using their whole line lately, very good quality products. It really works in my hair. My only complaint is the bottles are quite small which doesn't really make them that economical.

YvetteWithJoy

On break

1. Pibbs hair dryer
  2. Rhassoul clay
  6. Lavender oil
  7. Helichrysum oil

@Nightingale, thanks soooooo much for the rhassoul clay! :kiss:

I visited Henna Sooq's website for the first time the other day.

:thud:

Let me re-evaluate.

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
My current wish list (subject to change)
  • Eternally in Amber Rainbow accessories kit, shampoo, fine tooth rake, & multipurpose combs
  • Hercules Sägemann HS1975, HS703WW & MS3260 combs
  • Wide-Teeth Sandalwood, Swartizia & Verawood combs
  • Wide-Teeth Buffalo & Sheep horn combs
  • Tsuge/Japanese Boxwood detangling/tokigushi combs & brushes from Chidoriya or Wawaza
  • Silk bonnet & Silk lined head wraps
  • Conditioner Bars from Anita Grant, Naples Soap, Chagrin Valley Soap, or Tree Naturals
  • Lavender & Tea Tree Shampoo bars + mild & rich conditioners from the Moorket
  • AfroVeda Totally Twisted Ginger Almond Butter+ Sweet Roots Leave in Conditioner from Hattaché
  • Mineral Mudbath/Mud-poo from Auromere, Mud Puddle Cosmetics or SheaTerra Organics
  • Japanese Camelia oil
  • Brahmi Hair oil in the jar, Jatamansi/Spikenard oil+ Brahmi Amla & Herbal Hair oil gift pack from Vadik Herbs
  • Neem oil, balm + soap from Auromere, Banyan Botanicals or TheraNeem
  • Funori Japanese seaweed powder (natural hair cleanser & conditioner)
  • Oyin Handmade Afterbath oils+ Honey Hemp Conditioner

LushLox

The rest of the Mane Choice Halo line, I think it will really work nicely in my hair as a complete system, particularly during the colder months.

I'm going to say a GHD flat iron. I just don't want to buy it...

Last edited:

Aggie

Got everything so far except the triphala powder and hops. I don't think I will be needing those two anymore. I did add some moringa powder and got that one already.

Now I only need:

Rose Water
Curry leaves powder
Naturelle Grow Vanilla Fig Moisturizing Conditioner not getting this anymore
Naturelle Grow Pink Clay Mask not getting this anymore.
APB Keratin Conditioner
APB Not Easily Broken Conditioner
SSI Coriander Fig Balm
SSI Peach Conditioner - don't really need this one right now.
SSI Marula Hemp leave in
3 bottles of Vo5 Moisture conditioners for cowashing out my ayurveda treatments.

Not sure I'll be getting any Naturelle Grow anymore. May replace it with Kindred Butters instead.

I totally forgot about Mielle Organics Babassu Mint DC as well - want 2 jars depending on the sale.
My list may change closer to black Friday so will update if it does.

Last edited:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
@Nightingale, thanks soooooo much for the rhassoul clay! :kiss:

I visited Henna Sooq's website for the first time the other day.

:thud:

Let me re-evaluate.

You're welcome. Coincidentally, I was on Henna Sooq's site last night. I want to buy their henna, but will wait to see if they have a Black Friday sale.

What were you interested in?

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
Oooooo! How did you use it? As a cleanser? As a treatment? As a hybrid cleansing treatment?

What was your method and recipe? Was it hard to remove? Thanks in advance for any insight you might have to share!
I did a treatment, just ziziphus mixed with water. A few weeks prior to doing it I had done my first full strength henna and my curls were loosened. At the time I didn’t know that the loosening was not permanent and I panicked. While doing research on how to “get my curls back”, I found Ziziphus. I did a treatment with the ziziphus alone. It was very hard to remove, but I loved it. My hair was dry, but not overly dry like hardcore henna. I loved it. I honestly forgot about it. I also remember doing Amla and ziziphus together, I do not remember how that one went, but I’m sure it was good as well.

Edited: I forgot to mention the shine that I got. I think I got more shine from ziziphus than I did from henna. The effects of henna and even Amla are more long lasting in my opinion. It’s still the bomb.com though.

Not sure if you’ve seen this already, but I thought it might of interest. https://hairscapades.com/2012/03/19/craving-curls-zizyphus-revisited/

Last edited: