Your hair under a wig, what do you do?

AnnDriena_

I'm looking for a wig and I've seen some extremely cute styles but I'm not bald like a mannequin (that's why they look so perfect on them:lol: ) what do you ladies do with your hair under the wig. Do you do small braids? How small? everytime I've tried on a wig and i've only tried on a couple, they look they are sitting two inches off my head. My hair is kind of thick and I only had it rolled up under the wig, though so maybe that's it.

JazzyFLPeach

When I wear my wigs, I just put some moisturizer in my hair and tie it down with a silk scarf. I don't go through all the trouble of braiding it. :lol:

Lorraine

When I wear an instant weave I wrap my hair with a good leave in to get it to lay down then cover with a thin skully.

AnnDriena_ said:
I'm looking for a wig and I've seen some extremely cute styles but I'm not bald like a mannequin (that's why they look so perfect on them:lol: ) what do you ladies do with your hair under the wig. Do you do small braids? How small? everytime I've tried on a wig and i've only tried on a couple, they look they are sitting two inches off my head. My hair is kind of thick and I only had it rolled up under the wig, though so maybe that's it.

TigerLily

I moisturize and put on a wig cap. If it still looks bulky, then braid your hair and put on the wig cap, but I don't think you'll need to do that.

JazzyFLPeach

AnnDriena_ said:
you wear the scarf under the wig or do you just wear it long enough to slick your hair down?
I wear the scarf under my wig. I used to wear a wig cap, but the friction of the material plus the wig wreaked havoc on my edges. Now that I tie the scarf on underneath, I don't have that problem.

LAINA7777

I HAVE BEEN WEARING A WIG FOR THE LAST 9 MONTHS ALL I DO IS SLICK ALL MY HAIR BACK IN A PONYTAIL AFTER MY WASH AND CONDITION, AND BAGGIE AND WEAR A WIG CAP UNDERNEATH WHATEVER WIG I WEAR. I HAVEN'T HAD ANY TYPE OF PROBLEMS AT ALL

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
cornrows if i plan on wearing the wig on a daily basis-baggy method under wig cap
if its a last minute thing slick down in a low ponytail
or just 6 braids and go

Netta1

Girl please I've got plenty of hurr too!!!! LOL But in order to wear a wig just right I have my own hair braided underneath....it makes the wig lay super flat even if you have an AFRO--like me :0).

tenderheaded

Although relaxed, I will still grab one of my wigs for a quick do! I have 2 moisturized braids under a wig cap. This keeps me from losing any hair from friction.

Enjoy your new 'do!!!