Your Heart Won't Let Go

NIK

What do you do when your heart won't let go of a person you dealt with in the past? Your mind and body has let go (not talking to the person, etc...) but your heart still has those feelings. You've prayed and prayed for God to intervene and deliver but after severals years, the feelings are still there?

shalom

I don't know, but I came in here just to give you a :bighug:
I can imagine your frustration. Continue in prayer and I'll be praying for you as well.

kenyakay

What do you do when your heart won't let go of a person you dealt with in the past? Your mind and body has let go (not talking to the person, etc...) but your heart still has those feelings. You've prayed and prayed for God to intervene and deliver but after severals years, the feelings are still there?

Hi Nik,

I'm new to the forum as of today and couldn't help but reply b/c I can relate. Though the calls might've stopped the thoughts haven't because he still lingers in your heart. What I found useful was writing down the reasons why I still thought about that person and reasons why I need to let go. Afterward, I prayed for forgiveness for myself and for him. Soon I felt him leave little by little from the grasp he had on my heart. He'll always be there in your heart because it was a relationship that meant something to you. But its taking back your power over the relationship that makes it easier for those feelings to pass. Continue to pray and talk to God for strength and guidance and talk to a non-judgemental ear if you need to vent...that helps as well.

Sorry if the advice wasn't better but I know the path you're walking on..it does get better.

Nice & Wavy

Hi Nik,

I'm new to the forum as of today and couldn't help but reply b/c I can relate. Though the calls might've stopped the thoughts haven't because he still lingers in your heart. What I found useful was writing down the reasons why I still thought about that person and reasons why I need to let go. Afterward, I prayed for forgiveness for myself and for him. Soon I felt him leave little by little from the grasp he had on my heart. He'll always be there in your heart because it was a relationship that meant something to you. But its taking back your power over the relationship that makes it easier for those feelings to pass. Continue to pray and talk to God for strength and guidance and talk to a non-judgemental ear if you need to vent...that helps as well.

Sorry if the advice wasn't better but I know the path you're walking on..it does get better.

Welcome both, NIK and Kenyakay!

Kenyakay, you have given great advice...I couldn't have said it better.

I'm so glad that you are here in the Christianity Forum. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Blessings.

Nice & Wavy

A hug is a great thing for you today.....:bighug:
You are so special to the Father....He loves you with an everlasting love. I'm praying for you, sis!

kenyakay

Welcome both, NIK and Kenyakay!

Kenyakay, you have given great advice...I couldn't have said it better.

I'm so glad that you are here in the Christianity Forum. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Blessings.

Thank you, Nice & Wavy.....I'm glad I'm here as well. :grin:

NIK

Thank you ladies for your advices! I'm really praying hard for those feelings to finally leave my heart. My only worry is that the longer I feel this way the longer it will take me to even let another man come into my life.

star

Most of us have had this experience in time with God taking one day at time things will get better.