Votes: 36 6.5%
  • Neither did anything/Never Used

Votes: 100 17.9%
  • APX. Same Results/Used together-Cant tell

Votes: 84 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

21Trixie

I just recently started taking Biotin (2500 mcg). I haven't had any major breakouts yet. I do want to add MSM but afraid of getting pimples. I drink anywhere from 1/2 gallon of water to 2 1/2 Liters. When you say drink a lot of water, what do you consider a lot? If I add the MSM, do you think I should up my water intake?

cocoberry10

21Trixie said:
I just recently started taking Biotin (2500 mcg). I haven't had any major breakouts yet. I do want to add MSM but afraid of getting pimples. I drink anywhere from 1/2 gallon of water to 2 1/2 Liters. When you say drink a lot of water, what do you consider a lot? If I add the MSM, do you think I should up my water intake?

I would consider your water consumption to be sufficient. In fact, I would say you drink plenty of water, enough that the biotin shouldn't affect you.

cocoberry10

newslady said:
Mr. Eko from Lost but lots of folks know him from the HBO show about prison life but I can't remember the name.

Oz girl, OZ! And I didn't even watch the show. But I do remember the name of the prison was Emerald City, b/c people talked about it nonstop!

MuseofTroy

I've taken biotin/msm off and on for a few years now and it hasn't had any adverse reactions with my skin. That may be contributed to the fact that I drink about two liters of water a day.

Qetesh

I just got 100MG pills with Biotin and it also has a host of b-vitamins.
I wonder if I should up my biotin dosage to say 1400 a day instead of the measly 100???
I plan on taking this for 1 month seeing the effects then switching to MSN of needed. I have the powder.

Any suggestions on dosage

omnipadme

I'm really feeling msm. Not only are my nails long and healthy, but my hair is fluffier and I know i've exceeded the 1/2 inch normal growth rate. My skin is healthy and i'm "glowing" (and not pregnant:p). I'm even able to workout and strength train for longer periods of time because my muscles aren't crazy sore the next day. And they say miracle drugs don't exist...

kbragg

For those of you who have breakouts, I've discovered an AWESOME way to deflact them! When I got my MSM power (Source Naturals) I went CRAZY! I added MSM to my shampoo (it actually feels like conditioner now when I rinse!) my Sanit Ives Face Wash, and my skin moisturizer. All I can say in my skin in bangin'! My face wash goes on like silk now and my moisturizer moisturizes my face but is no longer greasy! I also added it to my Queen Helene Shea Butter Lotion and my skins soaks it up now isntead if it just laying greasy on top! So try adding a couple teasspoons of MSM to you skin products and watch the blemishes clear right up!:)

This is the face wash I use:

I use a very light moisturizer, Here's the one I'm using up now:

Make sure you add the MSM to WATER BASED products only.

Last edited:

Dannygirl

kbragg said:
For those of you who have breakouts, I've discovered an AWESOME way to deflact them! When I got my MSM power (Source Naturals) I went CRAZY! I added MSM to my shampoo (it actually feels like conditioner now when I rinse!) my Sanit Ives Face Wash, and my skin moisturizer. All I can say in my skin in bangin'! My face wash goes on like silk now and my moisturizer moisturizes my face but is no longer greasy! I also added it to my Queen Helene Shea Butter Lotion and my skins soaks it up now isntead if it just laying greasy on top! So try adding a couple teasspoons of MSM to you skin products and watch the blemishes clear right up!:)

This is the face wash I use:

I use a very light moisturizer, Here's the one I'm using up now:

Make sure you add the MSM to WATER BASED products only.

:eek: LOVLY IVE BEEN HEARING so much about msm i cannt wait to up it..i drink lotta water anyways so i should be straight

AtlantaJJ

Dannygirl said:
:eek: LOVLY IVE BEEN HEARING so much about msm i cannt wait to up it..i drink lotta water anyways so i should be straight

how cool is that?? MSM may cause you to break out but it can help heal the breakouts at the same time ??!!?? Go figure?

MuseofTroy

To combat break outs that may occur from taking a large dosage of MSM and Biotin, I highly recommend that the ladies purchase the Glycolic toner from Doctor's Dermatologic Formula (DDF). The toner has 10% Glycolic acid and will actually add a glow to the overall condition if your skin. Most of their products can be found online or at the Sephora Stores.

metro_qt

cocoberry10 said:
Oz girl, OZ! And I didn't even watch the show. But I do remember the name of the prison was Emerald City, b/c people talked about it nonstop!

LOL... the man's name (character) is Adebisi!!!
I can't help it.. he still scares me, Oz has scarred be for life (but i watched it religiously every friday night, lol)

My hair hair is more curly since using MSM,even after a relaxer. When I first stated using Biotin I had a bad reaction because I wasn't drinking enough water. Over all I have gotten alot of growth from the two!

firecracker

crlsweetie912 said:
Yup shaniquah, Dr. Bronner's peppermint castile soap. But not all over your face cause of the drying effect. I dilute mine in an 8 oz bottle, about 5-6 oz of soap and fill up the rest with water.

Hey thanks crlsweetie912 for mentioning peppermit castile soap.:)
I cleaned my face with Trader Joe's Pure Castile soap in peppermit. I really liked the feel of my skin afterwards. It wasn't drying and did clear up a few tiny pimples after one wash. I am going to start using this on my skin, hair and in the shower/bath.
I bought it in the summer to clean fruit and vegetables of pesticides:lol:

deejoy

firecracker said:
Hey thanks crlsweetie912 for mentioning peppermit castile soap.:)
I cleaned my face with Trader Joe's Pure Castile soap in peppermit. I really liked the feel of my skin afterwards. It wasn't drying and did clear up a few tiny pimples after one wash. I am going to start using this on my skin, hair and in the shower/bath.
I bought it in the summer to clean fruit and vegetables of pesticides:lol:

I use peppermint castille too. It's great!

CurliDiva

I'm going stop the MSM and focus on my general Hair, Skin, & Nails vitamins. My HSN has 3,000 Biotin and I just finished my only bottle of MSM.

:lol: My nails are strong and growing like CRAZY!

spelmanlocks

I never tried MSM, but Biotin really messed my skin up and I didn't see any improvement in my hair. After years of having really clear skin, I started to have severe acne problems. I probably took Biotin consistently for about two months, then I stopped. I love my skin more than my hair, so I probably won't be messing with Biotin ever again. Using Retin-A has helped my skin to get back to where it used to be.

MISSYMA

to combat breakouts with biotin you must take a B vitamin complex that
will keep balance with the B's and keep you from breaking out!

alwayzalady22

see my siggy for my whole regimen, but msm definitely loosened up my curl pattern! the jury's still out about whether that's a bad thing or a good thing, though...! biotin makes my nails grow SUPER fast! i SWEAR i can break a nail on Tuesday and have a nice looking tip again by Saturday! it's absolutely amazing, i've never seen anything like it! as far as my hair goes, i really don't know what to think about the biotin...i've only been using it for about 3 weeks, and while i'm seeing results with my nails, the loosened curl pattern from the msm is making it difficult for me to gauge any improved thickness :confused:

MzOptimistic

Ladies,

I have a few questions, My MSM powder should be here today and I wanted to know, what is the lowest amt I should start on? How often should I take it in one Day? Can I put it in Chocolate Milk? and Should I take it in the morning or at night?

That's all for now:p

Thanks
T

sereia

I think it is best to take it with Vitamin C, in Orange juice for example. You have to drink a lot of water, too. I put mine in a water bottle (1/2 or 1 litre), add a Vitamin C product and drink it throughout the day.
If you take it all at once I think the excess is flushed o0ut of the body so it is better to use the water bottle or split doses and take it after meals.

HTH

MzOptimistic

sereia said:
I think it is best to take it with Vitamin C, in Orange juice for example. You have to drink a lot of water, too. I put mine in a water bottle (1/2 or 1 litre), add a Vitamin C product and drink it throughout the day.
If you take it all at once I think the excess is flushed o0ut of the body so it is better to use the water bottle or split doses and take it after meals.

HTH

Thanks, I have been taking it with OJ:)

Dual

I started taking MSM 4 days ago now and I have grown a few pimples over night.

" I found two this morning and now two of thier cousins have joined them so I now have a family of four. :lol:

Im hoping its just a detox effect that wont last.

Desert Skye

I am taking MSM right now but with I used to take Biotin and I remeber I was growing hair everywhere on my body.. even in places I didnt even know a human could grow hair. I also experienced tingling on my scalp. My hair was growing so thick, I could barely see my scalp. I just had to stop it.

seraphim712

tsmith said:
Ladies,

I have a few questions, My MSM powder should be here today and I wanted to know, what is the lowest amt I should start on? How often should I take it in one Day? Can I put it in Chocolate Milk? and Should I take it in the morning or at night?

That's all for now:p

Thanks
T

Where did you buy your MSM powder from?

hennagirl

I have been taking MSM for three months and it has been perfect for my thin 3c/4a hair. It has loosened, softened, I really can't articulate it properly, my hair to the point that I can manage it without a relaxer. I do not know how long this effect will last but for right now I do not need to relax. I take between 4,000 and 6,000 mg. in capsule form everyday with a lot of water.

alwayzalady22

can we put this issue/rumor to bed right now? on various msm posts, i hear people say that msm is loosening up the whole strand of hair...but is that even possible? i thought it could only change your new growth, not hair that was already out of the scalp? :confused: