Votes: 36 6.5%
  • Neither did anything/Never Used

Votes: 100 17.9%
  • APX. Same Results/Used together-Cant tell

Votes: 84 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Platinum

I guess it's time to go back to the health food store and re-up on the MSM and Biotin. (May try a higher dose of biotin) I'm almost out of both.

Kurlee

yea i can stick with biotin but msm BLOWS ME UP! I been off it for two days and am "shrinking". NEVER AGAIN! I was actually using msm for a joint related problem, but i guess i will have to use something else. :nono:, cuz Shamu is too much for me.

Kurlee

MSM made me look like a balloon. It also made me miss two periods, and my new growth looks weird.
No more for me!
omg so I AM NOT CRAZY!:drunk: I looked like I gained like 10 pounds in a matter of weeks. Face and arms and belly all swollllle. I am NOT having it:lachen:. When I took it for a long time in the past I only noticed it made my NG a little looser and shinier. How did it make ur NG look?

spinspinshuga

omg so I AM NOT CRAZY!:drunk: I looked like I gained like 10 pounds in a matter of weeks. Face and arms and belly all swollllle. I am NOT having it:lachen:. When I took it for a long time in the past I only noticed it made my NG a little looser and shinier. How did it make ur NG look?
I think my curl got TOO loose; my new growth has very little curl definition, which is kind of unsettling! Mine was't shinier, though; it was frizzier.
I do think it made my hair grow faster (and definitely made my hair grow faster,) but...it doesn't matter if I make full WL faster if my hair doesn't look like mine, and if I get pudgy doing it :grin:

Kurlee

I think my curl got TOO loose; my new growth has very little curl definition, which is kind of unsettling! Mine was't shinier, though; it was frizzier.
I do think it made my hair grow faster (and definitely made my hair grow faster,) but...it doesn't matter if I make full WL faster if my hair doesn't look like mine, and if I get pudgy doing it :grin:
Back then I noticed that too. Was more wavy than actual curls. Wasn't too fond of it, I just noticed the integrity of my hair was better; stronger, shinier, thicker. My joint problems were totally alleviated! Which was the main purpose. However, looking like a current day Aretha Franklin is not worth it. *reaches for A535 HOT AND COLD***

Last edited:

girlcherokee

MSM made me look like a balloon.

this seem to be happening with some - i think myself included, but i wonder if it has something to do with something in the diet? are you guys drinking a lot of water? i have been lax with the water lately because i have been so busy - could this be the culprit?

spinspinshuga

this seem to be happening with some - i think myself included, but i wonder if it has something to do with something in the diet? are you guys drinking a lot of water? i have been lax with the water lately because i have been so busy - could this be the culprit?

Yup, I've been drinking tons of water. I work out for at least an hour everyday, so I stay hydrated pretty consistently. My diet is pretty healthy and consistent too...
I think my body just doesn't like this product. I'm glad it works for so many others, though!:yep:

Kurlee

Yup, I've been drinking tons of water. I work out for at least an hour everyday, so I stay hydrated pretty consistently. My diet is pretty healthy and consistent too...
I think my body just doesn't like this product. I'm glad it works for so many others, though!:yep:
I agree, I drink 2-3 litres daily and eat pretty well and its only when I add MSM I turn into an elephant. As soon as I stop, within a few days I go back to normal, especially in the face.

Maxitonia

I agree, I drink 2-3 litres daily and eat pretty well and its only when I add MSM I turn into an elephant. As soon as I stop, within a few days I go back to normal, especially in the face.

I started a thread before about MSM making your face fuller and no one replied, I thought I was the only one experienced this......... MSM makes you gain weight gradually and makes the face fuller and my nose got bigger :wallbash: I swear and it never went back to its original size :nono:

girlcherokee

alright - ithink i will have to ditch this - sad though - was hoping i could find some excuse for it - but oh well, there are other things to pull out the arsenal, but one thing i cant afford is extra weight - heck no.

Chameleonchick

I haven't noticed any balloning yet and I take it twice daily. I am pretty active so I drink a lot of water. I haven't noticed and extra hair growth but my skin is glowing

ingenious_mind

Hey Ladies I take the GNC Ultranourish hair pill for about 2 weeks now(which contains biotin). At first I was breaking out and thought about stopping,but i found out that i was not drinking enough water! I started drinking 7-8 cups a day and I no longer broke out. I haven't seen much difference in hair growth yet but definitely noticed my nails were stronger and grew fast.I will keep you all posted....

cafe1

I took Whole Food's Hair Skin & Nails with MSM supplement faithfully for about 6months and experienced tremendose hair growth! My hair has never grown so fast and has never been this long in my life...EVER. :up: I am now between brastrap and waist length. But prior to that I also faithfully washed/conditioned and air dry-bunned for a year, absolutely no heat and I think this is why it grew as well. Both factors helped me grow long and healthy (my hair is not thick, but noone in my fam has thick hair) hair.

Biotin..reaked havock on my already somewhat troublesome face...I had to stop that after 2 weeks :nono:

Vonnieluvs08

I've been taking both since Feb and I don't know how I feel about the hair growth part but I think its helping. I was reading how Biotin helps keep the body behaving normally during times of high stress and I know that this is true for me. When I first was highly stressed by my job my hair stopped growing and my face was constantly breaking out. This last time I was trying to get a presentation done and my skin still looked good which should mean my hair is still growing as well. I've never had the weight gain with MSM and I take 3 capsules a day. My knees feel a lot better and I'm not as sore as I used to so if nothing more I like the MSM for that.

Encore

MSN gave me nightmares, very very vivid and lucid nightmares...but very manageable ng. wasn't worth all the sleep I was loosing so that is sitting in a bottle with dust.

Biotin broke me out so bad I will NEVER try it again....well maybe a lesser mg bottle and work my way up. Def. made my hair thicker.

Hersheygurl

I am taking MSM ( vitamin world), with biotin also, and I want to thank all of the ladies on this board for sharing this wonderful secret! I had a baby, and for some reason, my edges broke off bad. My edges had never been that bad, and I had been trying MN, castor oil, and everything else to thicken them up.

They were just so-so until I started MSM/biotin. OMG! My hairline is thick now! I can wear my ponytail high up, and my sides look good! It also gave me some incredible skin! I keep getting compliments on my skin even when I'm tired. I'm about to turn 34, but do not look like it at all. I also do the olive oil washes, but I know it's the MSM/biotin that is doing the trick. Overall, I am having rapid hairgrowth, acrylic-like nails, glowing skin, ( face and body) softer hair, less pain, shorter periods, and almost no breakouts. Sure, I've had some wicked dreams and MSM does not taste good ( I take powder form), but to me they both are keepers!

barbeth2001

It doesnt get better than MSM or Biotin, i swear by MSM, I take up to 10,000grams a day. My hair is the longest and fullest it has ever been, currently APL, first time in my life n am 23 yrs old.

Barbie83

how do u guys avoid the nightmares with MSM? I realllllllly wanna try it but my imagination is already so wild that one bad nightmare can affect me for months. Literally months.

I don't know if it's worth all that. :nono:

loulou82

how do u guys avoid the nightmares with MSM? I realllllllly wanna try it but my imagination is already so wild that one bad nightmare can affect me for months. Literally months.

I don't know if it's worth all that. :nono:

My dreams were already off the wall. I would go with your instinct. But if you would like to try MSM you could start with a low dose like 500 mg and then after 2-4 weeks increase to 1000 mg, and then at 6-8 weeks increase your dose again. You don't want start too high and suffer any side affects but still want to find your body's tolerance level.

I remember that I started at 1/2 a teaspoon of powdered MSM (2600 mg) and gradually worked it up to a whole teaspoon. The powder is absorbed into your system faster then the pills.