your silkener questions answered...

VWVixxen said:
You are the best! Thanks a bunch, it's a little late for me this go around but there's always NEXT TIME!!

You are welcome hun!! It's always good to do a search for stuff you never know what other useful information you will bump into.:)

SP
thanks for the info. I've been wondering about them for a while. I wonder if anyone has grown their hair out passed BSL with a silkener vs. going to them with that BSL length built in but natural w/ shrinkange show it doesn't really show.

So I take it that with the silkner, you're no longer 100% natural? A silkner is basically a texturizer?

exactly TSU. it's a texturizer. i'm growing mine out right now. it looks and acts just like my natural hair, but it's a bit more elongated or stretched and easier to comb--until the new growth starts seizing its territory.

tiffcurl said:
exactly TSU. it's a texturizer. i'm growing mine out right now. it looks and acts just like my natural hair, but it's a bit more elongated or stretched and easier to comb--until the new growth starts seizing its territory.
What made you decide to transition from texturized to natural wasn't it easier to take care of?

Lucia said:
What made you decide to transition from texturized to natural wasn't it easier to take care of?

It was easier in a lot of ways and I think i probably would've kept it, but I moved from NYC to LA and cannot find anyone here who can do a similar technique--I'm underprocessed and overprocessed now.:(

Plus, the silkener is really expensive. The thing I liked was that it wasn't as bulky and I could comb it out easier, but I am content to go back natural as I don't want to be a slave to always having to tame the new growth because once it started growing out, it became dry and was almost impossible to comb.

Man I was so sure I was ready to get this in the last half-hour:lol: However, I don't like being dependent on people to do MY hair; I like to my own thing:D Also the thing about the precision and calculation involved in just retouching the SILKENER TM just screams dependence. *Hmph* whatever, I guess I'll stick to the original plan of staying relaxed then transition at 40:perplexed

leave that Silkener mess alone. It is nothing but Affirm Fiberguard finger pulled through your hair until right before the moment it gets straight. It's expensive and can be duplicated at home, yourself with stuff you get from the beauty supply.

Back