Your thoughts

Dionne

Do you honestly think that lines geared toward maintaing and growing longer hair work. I was looking on the lanza website at their long hair line and it kinda makes sense to me
. Formulate products to help prevent growth pitfalls and deal with specific problems of long hair like thinning of strands at the bottom and you will get long hair. I just want to know if you think that it is any different from a regular shampoo and condtioner regime. Take a look at their website when you have a chance and tell me what u think.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Lanza is a very reputable company. I wouldn't doubt that these products could help this. Of course, they won't increase growth rate, but they will help to retain what you do have.

Armyqt

Hey Dionne, thanks for bringing this up. I love Lanza products , but I've only used the repair line and the dry hair formula. This post prompted me to check out the long hair line and it does sound tempting and impressive. I'm gonna order the protecshine, the condition and the strenghtener from them. Keep me posted if you get anything.

Jade21

Hi, Dionne!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Do you honestly think that lines geared toward maintaing and growing longer hair work

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends. I can't speak for Lanza 'cause I've never tried anything in the line. From some of the comments here, their products overall sound quite good. But back to your question. Frankly, I think it's marketing hype. Long hair is fashionable these days...back in style to mainstream America and beyond..not that it ever was out of style to me. But, it appeals to a group's needs, wants and desires.

Now, Redken's long hair care line is utter trash
My friend Gina, one of my major inspirations for growing my own hair long, decided she was going to get us a LOAD of samples of the conditioner a while back and we were going to do a trial run. The conditioner STANK and applied exclusively to the ends of my hair...it did nothing special...sort of a watered-down version of the cheapest conditioner I've ever used. I actually re-conditioned my ends with some Aubrey, slapped on some olive oil for the night and then washed my entire head and did my routine the next day. Gina, who has stick-straight hair, fared no better. She said thankfully no bucks were involved

~Jade~

adrienne0914

i'm with jade. i think it's a bunch of marketing hype with the majority of companies.

it can also depend on the product line and the quality of ingredients that they have. some companies have good intentions, but then there are others who are simply trying to cash in on our desire for long hair (think Doo Gro, Don't Be Bald, etc.). that's why i think it's so important to educate ourselves on ingredients and also be aware of what does and does not work on our individual hair.

fletgee

Hi Adrienne!
I agree also. Think about it. Most major hair care lines are broken down into different segments. If your hair is oily, dry, thin, thinning, needs volume, textured, curly, straight, colored, relaxed, long, short, or a combination of any of the above they got you covered. These companies want to be your hair's "guru" no matter which road your hair journey takes you on. "Start and stay with us because no matter what your hair does our various lines can correct any problem." It's the old suck them in and keep them there. Also, depending on what hair trend is in that season they simply highlight whatever segment of their line that suits the trend.
From a marketing standpoint it's the best way to saturate a larger market with their products which increases baseline end..aka..the almighty dollar.

I"m not sure I believe in the whole 'long hair' variety from lanza. It is marketing. But with that aside, I like lanza alot and I love the Protecshine from their 'long hair' line. I would use it from whatever line its from as well as other lanza products that I love too. I like lanza because their products work well on me and that's it, no matter what the 'line.' For example, the 'straight line' of products actually DOES elongate my regrowth so for me, it works.

If they didn't work, I'd be on something else by now. I think for growing long hair, as long as you stick with the key golden 'rules' of maintaining length by looking after the ends and using ph balanced products and maintaining hair strength with WHATEVER product your hair responds to most, that's the key