Your Views:Soft & Beautiful Botanical No-Lye

kitten73

I just picked this up in Duane Reade and I want to know if anyone has tried and liked it. I purchased it because it says sensitive scalp and the "botanical" factor. Please post why you like this relaxer. I got the regular kit. It was a toss up between this and the ORS Olive Oil relaxer.

Hey Kitten!
I've used this perm several times. Its a gentle no-lye relaxer. It wont leave your hair bone straight, but it will straighten well enough. Good no lye choice
wink.gif

My sister just used it and liked it a lot too. Her hair relaxed better and she said it didn't burn at all like the others had

Hey there, I read just about all the boxes and this one looks like the best bet for me right now. I had a bad experience a few weeks back soI have to go gentle. Kiddie perm is too gentle for me though.

I use this relaxer faithfully because it straightens well and I do not get chemical burns. This pic is Day 1 of a Soft and Beautiful Botanical

101_2317.jpg

What's the difference between the regular soft and beautiful and the bontanical soft and beautiful? i used soft and beautiful relaxer faithfully, but if the bontanical is milder i will switch to that. Nicki6, your hair looks very good and healthy, WOW.

Faith said:
My sister just used it and liked it a lot too. Her hair relaxed better and she said it didn't burn at all like the others had
Faith, your ponytail looks great in that sig!

I liked this relaxer. If I went back to boxed relaxer this would be the one I would use. It doesn't smell like relaxer, and it's kinda hard to overprocessed your hair with this :)

WesternEyes said:
What's the difference between the regular soft and beautiful and the bontanical soft and beautiful? i used soft and beautiful relaxer faithfully, but if the bontanical is milder i will switch to that. Nicki6, your hair looks very good and healthy, WOW.

Thanks WesternEyes:kiss: I believe that the difference between the two is that the Botanical has more "natural extract" ingredients:rolleyes: I've used both and cannot detect a difference. They both are relatively gemtle, but straighten to my satisfaction. I tried to jump on the lye bandwagon when I first joined here but it NEVER straightened my hair.

S&B Botanicals was my fave when I was relaxed. It barely even tingled and I have a really sensitve scalp. It always got my hair straight, but then again I don't think I've ever been underprocessed in my life (my hair just relaxes easily I guess). I had tried several other box relaxers in my life, but Botanicals gets my seal of approval :up:

Back