Youtubers Or Blogs That You Don’t Like

PlanetCybertron

I always see us posting about online influencers or youtubers that we love or like, but I don’t often see any mentions of which ones we don’t like.

Could be for any reason. And it doesn’t have to solely be hair focused channels.

There’s really only a few I don’t like.

•Curl Ninja: I mostly don’t enjoy her channel because she seems fixated on ONLY DevaCurl products. I had to unsubscribe recently because she went out of her way to give DevaCurl a hard time over her perceived “moisture overload” that apparently has taken her three weeks or so to recover from. But I have yet to see her post anything scientific about the need for protein treatments. I think she made one video about it, and it was a very “Well, yeah obviously” type of video. I also don’t like how she brags about being a licensed hair stylist, but refuses to be versatile and seems a bit misinformed for me. How can you brag about being a cosmetologist but completely overlook basic protein and moisture balance on your own head of hair?

• BiancaReneeToday: She’s quick to bash any product containing sulphates or silicones, but what about her many followers who use them and find that these products work for their hair? I like mostly any of her other content, but there’s been a few videos that just rubbed but me the wrong way, as well as other folks who watched any of her videos in which she is....more or less biased. Which is fine I guess, but in my opinion, if you’re on YouTube it’s a good idea to be inclusive of your viewers regardless of how different their hair care practices are. So that is the main reason I’ve unsubscribed.

•JazzieJae: I REALLY wanted to like her channel, and I apologize if it seems like I’m personally dragging her, but she’s got her entire perspective on hair completely backwards. Not to mention she’s got a serious case of clapback when it comes to her viewers commenting on her stuff. I get it, some of them are just stupid, but some of them are legit questions and suggestions. Her hair has been the same length for the three years she’s even been on YouTube, and when I first subscribed to her. She’s Relaxed but I just can’t get over how she treats her hair. Snatching a brush through it, piling her hair on her head, not rinsing out the relaxer all the way, allowing wig/weave glue to somehow stay stuck in her hair long enough for it become a serious matting issue, etc. But she’s willing to spend who knows how much money on hair vitamins, growth aids, expensive shampoos and conditioners, but doesn’t seem to be knowledgeable enough to take a look at her own hair care practices and put one and two together. Now she’s convinced that a Japanese thermal straightening is gonna solve the issues she’s made videos about. Nah. As stated above, I get it, and everyone’s entitled to their own being and opinions, but again, you’re presenting yourself on a platform that influences people. Namingly your viewers. If you’re gonna talk the talk, walk the walk too is all I’m saying.

•Onision: Self explanatory.

•Any other channel that’s devoted to “exposing” or calling out anyone. Regardless of what their channel is mostly comprised of.

What about y’all?

waff

I so agree on Curl Ninja. Her recent shebackle with Deva Curl had me scratching my head multiple times. She somehow got hair loss (density reduction) from using Deva curl products after their recent reformulation, which could be a legit concern since many of her subscribers reported similar issues. I do not use DevaCurl products, so I can't really comment on this issue. However, it's interesting how extreme her stance became from swearing by those "quality salon" products, to trying her best to get them off the shelves. Seems fishy to me.

No offence, but to me she is just another entitled curly/natural hair stylist that bashes what the "DIYers" do without much reasoning. She made a whole series "debunking" many methods like squish to condish, the 'laura' method for example. Well these methods worked for many people... so maybe there is something to it for some hair types.

I also agree on BiancaReneeToday. That's the reason I can't watch her videos or take her reviews seriously because her logic of good/bad product is based on sulfates/silicones which I love for my hair lol

I probably have many bloggers I don't care for, none are coming to mind right now but I have many people that I love watching, either for information or just for entertainment because these women have amazing personalities: happycurlhappygirl, naptural85, A Love 4 Me (underrated), Ebony's Curly TV, MoKnowsHair (she doesn't post anymore :(), prettywitty77, and many more.

ETA: I just remembered one channel that use to be a fav, but not anymore. The glamTwinz. Their hair use to be goals for me, but I personally think they have too much heat damage and it does not look as healthy as it use to be. I feel like with each passing year, their curls are going away slowly. I have nothing against people who use heat regularly, I use to be one my self. It's just that it's not possible to maintain the curl pattern while straightening the hair so often like that. Their videos are very repetitive and I don't find their content interesting anymore.

Last edited:

PlanetCybertron

I so agree on Curl Ninja. Her recent shebackle with Deva Curl had me scratching my head multiple times. She somehow got hair loss (density reduction) from using Deva curl products after their recent reformulation, which could be a legit concern since many of her subscribers reported similar issues. I do not use DevaCurl products, so I can't really comment on this issue. However, it's interesting how extreme her stance became from swearing by those "quality salon" products, to trying her best to get them off the shelves. Seems fishy to me.

No offence, but to me she is just another entitled curly/natural hair stylist that bashes what the "DIYers" do without much reasoning. She made a whole series "debunking" many methods like squish to condish, the 'laura' method for example. Well these methods worked for many people... so maybe there is something to it for some hair types.

I also agree on BiancaReneeToday. That's the reason I can't watch her videos or take her reviews seriously because her logic of good/bad product is based on sulfates/silicones which I love for my hair lol

I probably have many bloggers I don't care for, none are coming to mind right now but I have many people that I love watching, either for information or just for entertainment because these women have amazing personalities: happycurlhappygirl, naptural85, A Love 4 Me (underrated), Ebony's Curly TV, MoKnowsHair (she doesn't post anymore :(), prettywitty77, and many more.

ETA: I just remembered one channel that use to be a fav, but not anymore. The glamTwinz. Their hair use to be goals for me, but I personally think they have too much heat damage and it does not look as healthy as it use to be. I feel like with each passing year, their curls are going away slowly. I have nothing against people who use heat regularly, I use to be one my self. It's just that it's not possible to maintain the curl pattern while straightening the hair so often like that. Their videos are very repetitive and I don't find their content interesting anymore.

I agree on the glamtwinz. I’m legit impressed with the amount of length they’re able to retain, but personally I’m also not a fan of the sheer amount of product they put into their hair. There’s one thing being handed, but I feel like the products are what’s holding anything left of whatever curl pattern they have together.

They have a right to wear their hair however they please, don’t get me wrong, but as you’ve mentioned, I don’t find their approach to retaining their natural curl pattern the best option.

I’m still subscribed, but mostly for their product reviews.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I agree on the glamtwinz. I’m legit impressed with the amount of length they’re able to retain, but personally I’m also not a fan of the sheer amount of product they put into their hair. There’s one thing being handed, but I feel like the products are what’s holding anything left of whatever curl pattern they have together.

They have a right to wear their hair however they please, don’t get me wrong, but as you’ve mentioned, I don’t find their approach to retaining their natural curl pattern the best option.

I’m still subscribed, but mostly for their product reviews.
The one thing that kills me about them is that they’re obsessed with everything lol

waff

The one thing that kills me about them is that they’re obsessed with everything lol
:lachen:or everything "is so bomb"

natural2008

I don’t like Jouelzy. Something about her rubs me the wrong way.
Is it because she is always talking about, "baby hair" lol? She is a fast talker and does have personal (one video she will say she doesn't need therapy and then later she sees one) issues and be asking her viewers to donate to XYZ for certain projects such as her podcast or something that has been years in the making. She then turns around and says, "No one has a right to ask me what I do with my money."

gemruby41

I always see us posting about online influencers or youtubers that we love or like, but I don’t often see any mentions of which ones we don’t like.

Could be for any reason. And it doesn’t have to solely be hair focused channels.

There’s really only a few I don’t like.

•Curl Ninja: I mostly don’t enjoy her channel because she seems fixated on ONLY DevaCurl products. I had to unsubscribe recently because she went out of her way to give DevaCurl a hard time over her perceived “moisture overload” that apparently has taken her three weeks or so to recover from. But I have yet to see her post anything scientific about the need for protein treatments. I think she made one video about it, and it was a very “Well, yeah obviously” type of video. I also don’t like how she brags about being a licensed hair stylist, but refuses to be versatile and seems a bit misinformed for me. How can you brag about being a cosmetologist but completely overlook basic protein and moisture balance on your own head of hair?

• BiancaReneeToday: She’s quick to bash any product containing sulphates or silicones, but what about her many followers who use them and find that these products work for their hair? I like mostly any of her other content, but there’s been a few videos that just rubbed but me the wrong way, as well as other folks who watched any of her videos in which she is....more or less biased. Which is fine I guess, but in my opinion, if you’re on YouTube it’s a good idea to be inclusive of your viewers regardless of how different their hair care practices are. So that is the main reason I’ve unsubscribed.

•JazzieJae: I REALLY wanted to like her channel, and I apologize if it seems like I’m personally dragging her, but she’s got her entire perspective on hair completely backwards. Not to mention she’s got a serious case of clapback when it comes to her viewers commenting on her stuff. I get it, some of them are just stupid, but some of them are legit questions and suggestions. Her hair has been the same length for the three years she’s even been on YouTube, and when I first subscribed to her. She’s Relaxed but I just can’t get over how she treats her hair. Snatching a brush through it, piling her hair on her head, not rinsing out the relaxer all the way, allowing wig/weave glue to somehow stay stuck in her hair long enough for it become a serious matting issue, etc. But she’s willing to spend who knows how much money on hair vitamins, growth aids, expensive shampoos and conditioners, but doesn’t seem to be knowledgeable enough to take a look at her own hair care practices and put one and two together. Now she’s convinced that a Japanese thermal straightening is gonna solve the issues she’s made videos about. Nah. As stated above, I get it, and everyone’s entitled to their own being and opinions, but again, you’re presenting yourself on a platform that influences people. Namingly your viewers. If you’re gonna talk the talk, walk the walk too is all I’m saying.

•Onision: Self explanatory.

•Any other channel that’s devoted to “exposing” or calling out anyone. Regardless of what their channel is mostly comprised of.

What about y’all?
JazzieJae will go in on you if you say something negative. She only wants to hear praises.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I don’t care for all the trendy channels, use a product once swear it’s a holy grail then we never see you use it again channels, or anyone claiming 4c for the views.
I saw a video titled having 4g hair. I know it’s joke but c’mon. Stop it.
A lot of folks did not make the cut. :look: I’m down to 6 channels now.