Look what I found!!!

CandiceC said:
Woah this thread is old!

ETA: This was started a few days before I graduated college. Now I feel old. :lol:

:lol: tell me about it. Still, it's a good thread. how do you save threads?

AJamericanDiva said:
I see the retention of length as an accomplishment too! Be it 2 inches or even 6... but at the same time, I know how some people like to take info and run with it. When they are not measuring up to this self imposed standard, they get discouraged. Know what I mean?

OFF TOPIc:

That kid in your siggy is sooooooo CUTE!

I just read this whole thread. I have never noticed it before even though it has been bumped many times. It was inspiring. Simplicity sounds so sweet to me.

Thank You very much HoneyRockette, this was both informative and inspirational. This should really help me with my PJ tendencies.

What's really funny is that until I came to LHCF this month I never knew that forums like this even existed. I'm feeling a little deprived:(

Okay I'm over it now:D

Thanks Again!

I'm replying to an old post but I have a question about it. In this post it talked about wetting your ends w/ water or a moisturizer. Does anyone put water on their ends then seal it with oil? If you do does this help w/ growth?

I know this is an old post but my question is can the bun be done with just a scrunchie instead of a phony bun. I plan to moisturize the ends at night with a baggie but wear them tucked under a scrunchie during the day. Some days I may opt for the phony pony wrapped around giving the bun look.

I noticed that she says updos and bunning. I have read on here that a lot of the long hair ladies keep their hair up modt of the time...but I guess I could do a phony pony...I am addicted to the "I have hair look"

i am bumping this. I really like how simple she keeps things and I do honestly feel that would work. since i have been wearing my hair natural and washing it more often it feels overall healthier. The key is you have to stay away from the heat as much as possible, with me my hair never makes it past midback lenth is because of how often i hot curl it, also the fact that b4 now i never used satain pillow cases or even attempted to protect my ends. since i have started i can see less breakage then i had b4, although when i do striaghten my hair i am planning on giving myself a quick trim as well. i just recently started putting conditioner on my ends and i feel this is a good option when you are keeping it natural so you will wash it out in a few days anyway.

thanks alot ladies :)

bumping again...

Since I am trying to get to MBL by December, I am seriously thinking about bunning regularly to achieve this. I can definitely attest to my hair retaining length since I started on the HYH challenge.

I wear my hair up all the time, even after I straighten it, i put it in a bun...maybe I'll wear a bang, just to give myself a little "oomph" to feel pretty :p . But, since I do this, whether wet or straight, I wear it up and protect my ends, and my hair is growing really nice.

This is so inspiring. I'm glad that I read it. I am trying to be patient and not turn into a total product junkie.

Me too i read this back in 2005 and never processed it, hmm something to consider. I think I will do my ends with humectress. I will try it and see how it works. I just have to run out and get some more humectress. :perplexed

Back