1/2 inch in two weeks: MTG & Crown and Glory

prettykinks

I have been doing the Crown and Glory Method and using MTG since March 1st. I have gained 1/2 inch already!!!! This is a keeper. Check out my growth and my updates. No password needed.

prettykinks

Thanks StephyPoo and Poetist,
My hair has grown without my knowing. I haven't worn my hair out in a while. I would wash my hair in braids and go from one set of braids to the next. I'm happy with the progress.

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
wow you have great progress! how long have you been natural???? I CAN'T WAIT TILL MY HAIR IS THAT LENGTH!!! i am feenin for some braids now for real...I haven't worn extensions since like january and its killin me!!!

prettykinks

PittGirl06 said:
wow you have great progress! how long have you been natural???? I CAN'T WAIT TILL MY HAIR IS THAT LENGTH!!! i am feenin for some braids now for real...I haven't worn extensions since like january and its killin me!!!

thanks PittGirl06 for stopping by. I have been natural for three years. Feburary was my anniversary. I love braids. Even when I was relaxed I wore braids most of the time. They protect you hair well if you get them put in right and you keep them moisturised.

HoneyDew

I can see how keeping your hair nice protected with braids and using MTG can be good for growth.

Congrats on your progress!

prettykinks

Thanks for stopping by ladies!:) I didn't grow my hair alone. Everytime I come to LHCF I get new and better ideas for taking care of my hair.

prettykinks

Thans you everyone for your encouragement and your support. I have learned everything I know about hair care from this site and nappturality.com. I'm looking forward to more ideas from everyone. :)

Last edited:

ONAMSHN

WOW....you have made some serious progress!!! I just got my hair braided this week; you have inspired me to use MTG more often. How often did you use MTG?

prettykinks

ONAMSHN said:
WOW....you have made some serious progress!!! I just got my hair braided this week; you have inspired me to use MTG more often. How often did you use MTG?

Hello ONAMSHN, I use MTG everyday. I mix it in my spray bottle with a little peppermint oil to cover the smell. HTH

MzTami

Hellerrrr
Hi Prettykinks,

Congratulations on your progress!

I have a question..What exactly is Crown and Glory? I've heard ppl talk about it ,but don't understand what it is..Is it a product? Please explain.

Thanks in advance.

Also, I'm seriously thinking about the MTG.

ONAMSHN

Thank you for responding....I am off to spray these braids of mine. Wishing you nothing but the best in your hair growing journey :grin:!

kisz4tj

I hope to have positive results. I got my hair braided on Sunday. I've been using the MTG every other day. I'll start using it every day now.

Robin41

Congratulations on your growth! I just started the C&G method. I braided my hair over the weekend and my plan is to continue with braids off and on until I grow out my relaxer without doing the BC. I don't use MTG but I spray my braids religiously with a spray bottle filled with half Infusium 23 and half braid spray and I'm hoping that does a good job of keeping my hair moist under the extensions.

Thanks for sharing your photos and again, congrats on your progress.

Doll

I am curious now and would like to give MTG a try!

Does anyone know of a good and secure website with reasonable shipping prices to purchase MTG? Thanks! :)

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
to the OP, how are you using your MTG? When I was in braids, I rarely used MTG for fear that it would be too thick and gunky for my braids and the smell would linger on and soak into the braids. :eek: :barf: so during that time i would use just a Surge mixture.........are you wahsing your hair every week like in C&G?

prettykinks

MzTami said:
Hi Prettykinks,

Congratulations on your progress!

I have a question..What exactly is Crown and Glory? I've heard ppl talk about it ,but don't understand what it is..Is it a product? Please explain.

Thanks in advance.

Also, I'm seriously thinking about the MTG.

Check out this site: www.growafrohairlong.com

Basically you are wearing braids for about one to two months at a time while keeping them moisturised so your hair doesn't break off when you take them out and you will be manipulating you hair less. On the site there is alot of information on how to care for your hair before, during, and after the braids.

prettykinks

Doll said:
I am curious now and would like to give MTG a try!

Does anyone know of a good and secure website with reasonable shipping prices to purchase MTG? Thanks! :)

Try www.shapleys.com