100% Satin Pillowcases?

Do any of you ladies know where I may find an (affordable) SET of satin pillowcases? I've looked everywhere, and they either don't have the color I want (Pink or Brown family) and too expensive, or right color, affordable, but polyester blend!

Is polyester/satin blend good for the hair or does it tend to cause breakage?

Please help! Thanks...:perplexed

Have you thought about making your own satin pillowcases? It's very easy and it may be cheaper to make than buying them. You may want to check Fabric Stores like Hancock Fabrics, Michael's, Joann's, Hobby Lobby, or even Walmart's fabric's department for your satin.

I bought my mine from linen n things, $5 for one. I bought a couple and used the 20% coupon. They were cream colored, I usually have one on my bed, and just put the other pillows on top when I make up the bed.

That sounds like a good idea! Unfortunately, I have a Euro Pro Shark 384 sewing machine, and even though I'd like to also sew my own clothing, I can't figure out how to thread the thing! So I've resorted to shopping! ugh!

Have you thought about making your own satin pillowcases? It's very easy and it may be cheaper to make than buying them. You may want to check Fabric Stores like Hancock Fabrics, Michael's, Joann's, Hobby Lobby, or even Walmart's fabric's department for your satin.

That sounds like a good idea! Unfortunately, I have a Euro Pro Shark 384 sewing machine, and even though I'd like to also sew my own clothing, I can't figure out how to thread the thing! So I've resorted to shopping! ugh!

I understand the threading, that can be a real pain sometimes. :lachen:You may want to check Walmart's fabric section. They have a mini sewing machine for about $10 and it's easy to thread. You gave me a great idea when you started this thread. I might make my own satin pillowcases.

Back