11 1/2 weeks between touch ups!

Jenai

Yes, that is right - 11 1/2 weeks. I have been using drawstring ponytails, S-Curl, natural oils, and a leave in conditioner since the last touch up. This kept my new growth soft and manageable. The overall growth my hair attained was 1-2 inches and the broken off areas are catching up to the rest of the hair.

Anyway...After relaxing and toweling the hair off, my hairdresser asked me did I want a trim because she said she could see a few areas with split ends. I agreed and she cut off less than 1/4 inch in the back in a few places. When I asked her what could have caused the breakage, she asked me about my hair habits. She did identify a problem: Before bed, I apply a leave in conditioner, put hair in a ponytail, and then wrap a satin scarf around it. She told me the pressure from the ponytail is what caused the friction and split ends in the back. So no more sleeping in ponytails she said - even loose ones. Overall, she said my hair looked really healthy and only had a few split ends.

Just want to thank all the wonderful ladies on this board who gave such good tips. Keep em' coming... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey GiGi, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Thanks for the update. Sounds like you have a pretty cool hair stylist! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back