2 ?Questions re: Air Drying?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I have pretty much mastered air drying. My hair is super soft EXCEPT my ends. They are dry like and fuzzy. My ends are in great shape. Just got them trimmed last week and I don't use heat.

(1) How do you keep your ends soft and silky while air drying.
(2) Does Chi Silk Infusion assist with this? I notice in other threads this product comes highly suggested.

sensi sweetie

I pretty much just make sure I use plenty of leave in condish on my ends while its still damp. But when in need aloe vera gel is GREAT for adding last minute, lightweight moisture to your hair.

Personally I wouldn't rely on Silk Infusion for my ends unless im heat styling just because I don't want cones blocking moisture out of the driest part of my hair.

brucebettye

(1) How do you keep your ends soft and silky while air drying.
Sealing with olive or good ole hair grease works for my ends after I moisturize with scurl.

(2) Does Chi Silk Infusion assist with this? I notice in other threads this product comes highly suggested.[/QUOTE]
I don't use that stuff cause I don't flat iron my hair. So I don't know.

charmtreese

I always apply a little castor oil to my ends once they start drying, even if the rest of my hair is still damp. Castor oil is a vital part of my air drying process.

divachyk

Over the course of my air drying attempts, I've sealed with different types of oil to see which works best I still end up with dry, poofy ends. I've tried moroccan oil, argan oil, evoo and jbco blend, grapeseed and even evco. Perhaps I'm not using enough moisture/leave-ins on the edges.

KinkyGenius

Over the course of my air drying attempts, I've sealed with different types of oil to see which works best I still end up with dry, poofy ends. I've tried moroccan oil, argan oil, evoo and jbco blend, grapeseed and even evco. Perhaps I'm not using enough moisture/leave-ins on the edges.

Hmm, maybe don't airdry your hair loose. Try putting it in a bun or a braid.

charmtreese

are you tying your edges down with a scarf when you air dry? Also, try using the oils once the hair dries out a bit, not immediately after you put in your leave-ins. I would also suggest using a serum leave-in.

I air dry in this order:

1. Blot water out/spray my broken area and edges with joico liquid reconstructor
2. Keep my hair turbie towel on while I dry off (I wash my hair in the shower)
3. Apply leave-in serums (joico split end & Joico restorative oil)
4. Detangle in sections
5. Scarf the front
6. Apply castor oil to the ends as they start to dry
7. When its about 90% dry I oil my scalp with castor oil, part the hair in the middle for two low pontails, secure each pony with an oil soaked band and roll the ends with a flexi rod. I then tie it up with a scarf and Im done!

Take what you can out of these steps, they have reallly helped me with air drying. Please dont give up because air drying done successfully can be soooo beneficial for your hair!

divachyk

Hmm, maybe don't airdry your hair loose. Try putting it in a bun or a braid.
Good idea. I wet bunned yesterday and love the way it looked. By nightfall, my hair was still damp inside the bun so I took the bun down and let it hang to finish air drying and the part in the bun became an afro puff. :nono:

Is it unhealthy to leave bun in until it completely dries? Or perhaps I guess I could take bun down and braid hair while it's still damp to keep it under control. :spinning:

simplyhair

Well, the only thing that has helped my ends when airdrying is to use a magnetic roller on the end...whether it's a small or large one.