Blow Drying

Kayluv

This weekend I washed, deep conditioned and I let my hair air dry for about an 1/2 hour and then proceeded to blow dry on a low setting. Is this really bad for my hair as I don't feel like rollersetting my hair all of the time? :ohwell: I do use a leave-in conditioner and a heat protectant. My hair is still slightly damp at the roots when I am finish as my aim is to straigten my hair alittle bit versus getting it completely dry. I have tried air drying before and my hair ends up looking like a buzzards nest and my ends dry frizzy.

Advice please.

Thanks!

nappystorm

You have to do what works for your hair.

Many people i know have had amazing results with airdrying and rollersetting. Neither works for me. My hair grows best when i blow dry and flat iron.

If you have a phobia of heat, i would suggest getting some Sabino Moisture Block

HTH

c*c*chic*

i tried blow drying on cool with chi silk infusion, and aphogee vitamin leave in and my hair loves it. it comes out so silky and kind of fluffy but not fuzzy. and when i bump it, i add a little chi silk infusion to each section. my hair is thanking me.

chebaby

i blow dry once a week and my hair loves it. before i do so i do a light protein and deep moisturizing treatment every week and i use a leave ina nd heat protectant and then blow dry. i do so on low and my hair is always soft and moisturized. i just got a new "quality" blowdrier and cant wait to use it this weekend.

Faith

I'm all for blowdrying on cool/low before flatironing. Like nappystorm airdrying doesn't work for me. Neither does rollersetting before flatironing. When I take my hair out for some month long TLC in August I plan on blowdrying with CHi Silk Infusion and then adding some SMB then flatironing.

Last edited:

tthreat08

I agree with the other ladies. I have done both. My hair is tooo curly after air drying in braids to follow with a flatiron at times. I have to hit it with a blowdryer to get some of the waves out. I think it's fine as long as you pay attention to your hair and make necessary adjustments as you go. Def keep using the heat protectant.