2 year natural anniversary pt 2 (length check)

ooooo i lovveeeee how thick your natural hair is!! im looking forward to my hair looking just like that in two years :D yes yes yes soooo glad I went natural

VERY INSPIRING!

I looooove your hair...great progress....ur making me want to BC so bad. I want thick hair like this:sad:

Your haIr is unbelievable! You are doing an awesome job! Do you think that the protective scarfing helped you to retain more length?? How often do you press your hair now? What is your flat ironing technique? OK, enuf questions...let me go look at your beautiful pics again!:grin:

I never saw a split end or broken hair with the scarf method. THAT, I can testify to.

I hope I answered your other questions in my previous posts :)
Ask as many questions as you like!

REGGIE! REGGIE! REGGIE!

I am drooling from the possibilities of my own hair now! Thank you!

It has changed a billion times. It mostly consists of cowashing/(5 min DC in shower) every other day to every day when I wear my hair natural. When I wear my hair straight I wash and DC, rinse out all conditioner, detangle and band my hair, air dry.. apply SMB to each section before flat ironing.

Yes! I was going to say this too. Very pretty eyelashes too!

Your hair is beautiful. I know you've been singing the praises of Joico for a long time now. I think I need to try it!!

Those were false but thank you.
However adding castor oil and silk amino acids to my mascara helped a TON!

Auburn! Let me tell you that I have been staring at your pics off and on for 24 hours now...it has gotten to the point that i have to minimize my computer screen when my dh pr dd walks up....your progress is simply amazing! The left side of my hair is the same length as your 2008 bc, and I was hoping and praying that in 2 years it could catch up with my below apl right side and this give me so much hope....however, I am relaxed...i was thinking about not relaxing the left side or relaxing every other retouch which is about 20-24 weeks since I relax every 10-12 weeks. what do you think?

BTW your hair is gorgeous!!

thanks for this post!!

Auburn! Let me tell you that I have been staring at your pics off and on for 24 hours now...it has gotten to the point that i have to minimize my computer screen when my dh pr dd walks up....your progress is simply amazing! The left side of my hair is the same length as your 2008 bc, and I was hoping and praying that in 2 years it could catch up with my below apl right side and this give me so much hope....however, I am relaxed...i was thinking about not relaxing the left side or relaxing every other retouch which is about 20-24 weeks since I relax every 10-12 weeks. what do you think?

BTW your hair is gorgeous!!

thanks for this post!!

Thank you SO much!
Before my BC, I was hoping to be back at my same length by the time I graduated with my masters or at MBL. Well, I didnt make MBL but I did make progess. Here are pictures of my hair before the BC. First picture in the end of march. Second picture is from mid april. Im just thankful to have grown it all back. Id say skip the relaxer entirely of course :giggle: I had a mishap at my kitchen and it grew back while I was still relaxing so I say go for it. Then again... the accident was FROM relaxing..another reason why I wanted to go natural. .... now Im rambling :look: HTH!

Attachments

• DSC01539.jpg
    DSC01539.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC01561.jpg
    DSC01561.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 30
Congrats on your MBA and you will be MBL in a couple of weeks:yep:

"Id say skip the relaxer entirely of course"
I agree! but my hair type is more on the 5z side and I dont think i can handle it natural, but I do stretch and I can skip relaxing the left side for a while. You have a beautiful texture and going natural made a difference...it looks so much healthier than the relaxed pics....

I think I will continue to stretch and add a week each time....again thanks for this post. I get so depressed when I see my hair and I get discouraged so this gives me hope and the strength to continue. I can see going natural in my future....that way you have a choice on whether or not you want to be straight...I swim every day during the summer months and I would love to be able to sport a fluffy pony :lick:

Congrats on your MBA and you will be MBL in a couple of weeks:yep:

"Id say skip the relaxer entirely of course"
I agree! but my hair type is more on the 5z side and I dont think i can handle it natural, but I do stretch and I can skip relaxing the left side for a while. You have a beautiful texture and going natural made a difference...it looks so much healthier than the relaxed pics....

I think I will continue to stretch and add a week each time....again thanks for this post. I get so depressed when I see my hair and I get discouraged so this gives me hope and the strength to continue. I can see going natural in my future....that way you have a choice on whether or not you want to be straight...I swim every day during the summer months and I would love to be able to sport a fluffy pony :lick:
Thank you kindly. My transition hair was TOTALLY different from my hair. I thought I was going to have tiny spirals (as seen in the last texture picture I posted). Thats one thing you will love about your natural hair: its versatility. Good luck with your stretching and recovery :)

Back