2009 Lunar Hair Chart

CICI24

Anthony Morrocco's Lunar Haircutting Charts
The Lunar Chart displays the 5 optimal dates each month for cutting and beautifying hair. Certain days are
especially beneficial for a certain task and are noted on the calendar in red. In addition, there are dates each
season of particular importance.
Note: Dates are calculated for Pacific Standard Time, Northern Hemisphere.
2009 — Cutting and Beautifying Hair
Shown are the optimal days in each month for performing the tasks shown at the top of each column. In addition,
a particular day each month is considered most beneficial and is indicated in red.
Best Days for Beneficial Haircutting
March 19 -21 - Spring Equinox — are the best dates to cut for spring.
June 18-20 — Summer Solstice — are the best dates to cut for summer.
September 3-5 — Fall Equinox — are the best dates to cut for fall.
December 3-5 — Winter Solstice — are the best dates to cut for winter.
2009 — Cutting and Beautifying Hair
Shown are the optimal days in each month for performing the tasks shown
at the top of each column. In addition, a particular day or days each month
is considered most beneficial and is indicated in red. The Equinoxes and
Solstices are bordered.
Lengthen Strengthen Thicken Root work Beautifying
January 5-6-7 10-11 18-19-20 23-24 28-29
February 14-15 2-3 6-7 25-26 19-20-21
March 5-6 28-29 1-2 19-20-21 14-15
April 9-10-11 15-16-17 25-26 29-30 2-3
May 18-19 26-27 12-13-14 22-23 8-9
June 4-5 13-14 18-19-20 9-10 23-24
July 11-12 1-2 6-7-8 16-17 28-29-30
August 17-18 25-26 3-4 7-8 12-13
September 3-4-5 12-13-14 21-22 9-10 26-27
October 10-11 1-2 28-29-30 24-25 6-7
November 30 24-25-26 1-2 6-7 20-21
December 3-4-5 12-13 21-22-23 18-19 30-31
© Anthony Morrocco. All rights reserved.

Aveena

bump.... I'm going to trim on Thursday.

The Window is Sept 3-5

Just a friendly reminder for anyone who is considering a trim.

dachsies_rule!

I wonder if he made a mistake in the dates or the names. Fall Equinox is on September 22nd and Winter Solstice is on December 21st...so does he mean the dates or when the event occurs.

Stella B.

Mu mom use to always tell me that the best time to cut your hair was when the moon was growing (quarter moon to a full one). It's a big no-no to cut your hair when the moon is wasting away. I had no idea there was a lunar chart for hair tasks! I wondered where my mom got this from back in the day. Now I know! Thanks for sharing!

Aggie

Thanks for sharing CICI24. I will be mindful of this when it's time for my trims again:yep:.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
LOL. No offense but is this what it's coming down to? Hey, I may try it...but this may be a little too much hair care for me. Maybe once I read the link I'll understand better :ohwell:.

Aggie

LOL. No offense but is this what it's coming down to? Hey, I may try it...but this may be a little too much hair care for me. Maybe once I read the link I'll understand better :ohwell:.

Lol, you'd be surprised how much the moon affects many things that concern us.

When I was younger, my mom told me that the moon even affects how long a woman's menses lasts. I think she said that if you have your menses during a full moon, you will bleed a lot and you won't so much during the last quarter of the moon cycle and I know it's weird, but it was true in my case:look:.

Vonnieluvs08

Interesting. I know the moon effects a lot of aspects of life. Its true about hormones and the moon that's why more children are conceived around a full moon, crime rates go up, and more ppl (and animals) go to the ER.

I'll have to remember this when I get my hair trimmed in Dec. Oh and its true about the Fall and Winter Equinox the dates aren't right for when they actually occur.

Chameleonchick

Interesting. I know the moon effects a lot of aspects of life. Its true about hormones and the moon that's why more children are conceived around a full moon, crime rates go up, and more ppl (and animals) go to the ER.

I'll have to remember this when I get my hair trimmed in Dec. Oh and its true about the Fall and Winter Equinox the dates aren't right for when they actually occur.

Thats what I was thinking too, since when did the dates for the equinoxes change.

Aveena

I wonder if he made a mistake in the dates or the names. Fall Equinox is on September 22nd and Winter Solstice is on December 21st...so does he mean the dates or when the event occurs.

Good point! I found the following:

For women: Cutting hair can be done seasonally, once per season: Spring Equinox, Summer Solstice, Fall Equinox, and Winter Solstice. Use a blunt snip-cut technique when the hair is wet. Blunt cut the ends only, making sure the ends are as blunt and thick as possible.

http://www.morroccomethod.com/educa...creating-luxurious-hair/173-spokes-in-a-wheel

but the dates appear to be wrong for the desired events :perplexed

Now I"m confused! lol

Anyway, I know a full moon is coming up and I always wanted to give this method a try. Here is a full moon calander I found as well. This is more basic and is easier to follow:

http://www.moonphases.info/full_moon_calendar_dates.html#Full_Moon_dates_2009

Last edited:

JustKiya

Mu mom use to always tell me that the best time to cut your hair was when the moon was growing (quarter moon to a full one). It's a big no-no to cut your hair when the moon is wasting away. I had no idea there was a lunar chart for hair tasks! I wondered where my mom got this from back in the day. Now I know! Thanks for sharing!

If you do it from the 4-5 the moon will be waning, as the full moon is on the 4 @ 11am.

Sapphire_chic

ooo this is so cool. i havent trimmed my hair in over a year. I was planning to straighten it on dec 31st for a length check/trim anyways and it just happens to coincide with a full moon :drunk:

Aggie

I know that now that I know this, I will be getting my trims on or shortly after the new moon. I am going to get trims anyway so I might as well at least prove/disprove this theory for myself. It can't hurt, can it?

Last edited: