2011 21 DAY FAST

diadall

Yes. But I will start on the 11th. My friends 40th birthday is in Amelia Island the 7th - 10th.

I am subscribing (now that I know how to do it)

gn1g

I am going to be praying for everyone's strength. I need next year to be soooo much better than this year!

gn1g

c'mon we can do it! we will be glad we did. I for one need Gods instructions, directions and whatever else he wants to talk to me about.

star

Thanks for posting this!!! Seems like we lost the "the sticky" on this subject. I will try to bump it.

Zeal

Funny that I came here and found this. Ijust printed out my contract about 2 hours ago.

luthiengirlie

I am going to step out of the boat.. Trust YHWH and say... I'm In. I'm not sure how but I KNOW technology will be a part of it

Chrissy811

I do a fast every year in Jan (need to do it more) but I'm in I already have the book and journal from earlier this year. I need some serious clarification and guidance!

Sarophina

I don't think I'll be buying his book. But, I would love to fast with y'all. I was listening to a great sermon by Pastor G. Craige Lewis on the importance of fasting to break the powers of the flesh and deny yourself. I would like to break down a mental stronghold that I've never fully broken since getting saved. If I could fast for 21 days, I know God is going to show himself strong.

But, I'm not going to lie the thought of fasting this long makes me nervous. I've never fasted longer than a day or two. But, having accountability will def. help.

Sarophina

I don't think I'll be buying his book. But, I would love to fast with y'all. I was listening to a great sermon by Pastor G. Craige Lewis on the importance of fasting to break the powers of the flesh and deny yourself. I would like to break down a mental stronghold that I've never fully broken since getting saved. If I could fast for 21 days, I know God is going to show himself strong.

But, I'm not going to lie the thought of fasting this long makes me nervous. I've never fasted longer than a day or two. But, having accountability will def. help.

Here's the sermon link for anyone whose interested.
http://www.true-church.org/atcp-8-23-09.mp3

Jynlnd13

Yesterday, I was in my room and I looked down and saw a book I had bought, about fasting. I must of bought it some time ago becaue I didn't remember when I got it. I'm excited to read it. I very excited to start this fast as well, I know God wants to take our relationship to that next level and take me higher and I believe this fast will set me on my way.

4everbeautifull1

Hello ladies,
I would like to participate in this fast and I want to do the Daniel fast (No meat, no sweets, no bread) My question is, is fish considered a meat? I really need to know because I want to do it right. I have never done this before and I believe this is right on time and exactly what I need. I hope this isn't a dumb question. :look:

Jynlnd13

Hello ladies,
I would like to participate in this fast and I want to do the Daniel fast (No meat, no sweets, no bread) My question is, is fish considered a meat? I really need to know because I want to do it right. I have never done this before and I believe this is right on time and exactly what I need. I hope this isn't a dumb question. :look:

Hi! I'm doing the Daniel fast as well, fish is is not aloud. It's basically a vegan diet. You can have fruit, veggies, some oils, and some grains. I found two good websites with info, but I'm on my phone right now. One has some good recipes as well.. i will eta when I get home with the site.

4everbeautifull1

Hi! I'm doing the Daniel fast as well, fish is is not aloud. It's basically a vegan diet. You can have fruit, veggies, some oils, and some grains. I found two good websites with info, but I'm on my phone right now. One has some good recipes as well.. i will eta when I get home with the site.

Ok, thanks! I will be on the look out for it! :yep:

lovely008

I was watching Jentezen preaching this past week and he recommended (OK more like challenged LOL) that 1st time fasters do the Full Fast for the first 3 days and change to the Daniel Fast the rest of the 21 day fast. Anyone else thinking of doing this? I feel a bit overwhelmed by a 21 day fast but of course, God will be my strength. I'm extremely excited about it...so much so that I want to start it on the 1st but I heard that corporate fasts are more powerful.

Last edited:

mrselle

I'm in. Still thinking about how I will go about this, but I know I need to do it. God has been speaking to me on so many things and this past week He has really been getting on me (in a gentle way) about some things I have been having issues with over the years....mainly my relationship with certain people. A change has to come, but I have been reluctant to do the changing. I have to do better. I want to do better.