**** 2012 Up Your Water Intake Challenge ***

DominicanBrazilian82

I'm back! Water hiatus while traveling! Now I'm 1L in today, with another bottle opened! I'm up till midnight catching up on my DVR, so I have some time to get more in :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Blairx0

I bought a new 20oz water bottle to carry around with me at work. My goal is 3 bottle fulls a day (60 oz) and a glass ( 12oz) with dinner. It has been working well thus far. I am already finished with bottle one for today!

DominicanBrazilian82

I have definitely been hitting my daily goal (1L)... Still struggling to get past that. But I'm still proud of my 1L. Tomorrow's a new day.

daviine

I wasn't feeling well so I went to bed without hitting my goal. No water-cramming sessions for the A because I didn't care. I still don't care..which is major for me. But I will admit, I feel worse than I did before I went to bed and drinking my water probably would have helped. I guess I know better.

DominicanBrazilian82

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
I have definitely been hitting my daily goal (1L)... Still struggling to get past that. But I'm still proud of my 1L. Tomorrow's a new day.

So last night I finished up 2L strong (64 oz)... Today 64oz as well... This is because I am sick and the water makes me feel better :(. Still drinking water so I might be on NJoy level by the end of the night.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
So last night I finished up 2L strong (64 oz)... Today 64oz as well... This is because I am sick and the water makes me feel better :(. Still drinking water so I might be on @NJoy level by the end of the night.

Awe. Feel better, DominicanBrazilian82.

I am doing the tam dang, right? My goal is 84 oz but I'm easily doing 94.8 oz minimum by drinking 4 of my bottles. SO proud of myself.

LightEyedMami

I'm CLEARLY to late to join the challenge ....but i just installed the app, i need a reminder about my water so that should help....i need to clear up these small breakouts on my chin anyway...thanks ladies for the motivation :)....my goal is 64oz a day

DominicanBrazilian82

NJoy said:
Awe. Feel better, DominicanBrazilian82.

I am doing the tam dang, right? My goal is 84 oz but I'm easily doing 94.8 oz minimum by drinking 4 of my bottles. SO proud of myself.

Yes you are! 96 oz in today (3L) and surprisingly it wasn't that difficult to get there. My throat is sore so it helped to relieve, thus assisting my will to drink more. But all-in-all, I feel a lot better because of it. Looking forward to tomorrow :)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I'm CLEARLY to late to join the challenge ....but i just installed the app, i need a reminder about my water so that should help....i need to clear up these small breakouts on my chin anyway...thanks ladies for the motivation :)....my goal is 64oz a day

@LightEyedMami

Welcome! I'm adding you to the list. KUTGW!

ETA: You were already on the list. :lachen: Welcome back!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I was in a car accident on Thursday morning. And, because the meds have me out like a light, I haven't been able to drink the amount of water that I need to drink. And when I wake up, my mouth is SO dry and paste-y. I'm gonna try to drink a whole bottle with each dose of meds before I pass out. This is crazy because even after I drink water, my mouth is still dry and pastey. Ugh. Ah well. Hoping to be off these painkillers and muscle relaxants soon.

LightEyedMami

@LightEyedMami

Welcome! I'm adding you to the list. KUTGW!

ETA: You were already on the list. :lachen: Welcome back!
@NJoy
OMG!!! :lachen::lachen:.....Im gonna blame it on my college stressed brain (i had midterms last week) :lol::drunk:....smh THIS is why i need ginkgo Biloba ASAP!

ETA: i just saw you were in an accident.....i hope you are okay, *wishing you quick healing*

Last edited:

trendsetta25

NJoy said:
I was in a car accident on Thursday morning. And, because the meds have me out like a light, I haven't been able to drink the amount of water that I need to drink. And when I wake up, my mouth is SO dry and paste-y. I'm gonna try to drink a whole bottle with each dose of meds before I pass out. This is crazy because even after I drink water, my mouth is still dry and pastey. Ugh. Ah well. Hoping to be off these painkillers and muscle relaxants soon.

Feel better.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Only got in 47 oz today and it felt like it. I was so dry and thirsty. Just not at home most of the day. Ah well. Tomorrow's a new day. Gonna start before I go to sleep. It's already after 1am.

(and what am I doing up?) G'night.

itismehmmkay

Okay...Idk where to start. I really don't drink enough. I do eat alot more fruits and veggies and hot teas, so I'm staying relatively hydrated, but not really drinking it. So. Tonight I'll drink at least two cups before bed :look: (I know that's low)

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Okay...Idk where to start. I really don't drink enough. I do eat alot more fruits and veggies and hot teas, so I'm staying relatively hydrated, but not really drinking it. So. Tonight I'll drink at least two cups before bed :look: (I know that's low)

itismehmmkay

Hey! Ya made it over. :clapping: Good for you. You set your own goals and change them whenever you want. We don't judge. Just support. :woohoo: Every extra little bit is a good thing. Drink up! :fat:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
itismehmmkay

A'ight, girlie. The gig is up. You were already on the Challenger's List. You were just MIA. So instead of Welcome, you get a Welcome Back. :rolleyes: :lol:

DominicanBrazilian82

Checking in: I definitely have been keeping up with my water intake. I consume at least 32 oz per day. Some days I double and triple that, other days I just make my 32 oz. I will say that water is the only thing I reach for though. I rarely drink sugary drinks or sodas...rarely.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Thanks for the check-ins, ladies. A challenge is only as good as your participation. I know for me, checking in keeps me accountable. Of course, I also know that seeing the thread pop up also reminds me so, perhaps some are still with us but not officially checking in. IDK. But I do know that I'm still working at it. My best growth months are always months that I've kept my water intake up.

For the past couple days, I've fallen short of my goal and only did 71 oz. 84 is my goal and 94 has been my typical. I've been on some pain meds since the car accident that have me sleeping so much. This has caused me to come up short by a bottle.

I hate being on meds, epecially those that put me to sleep. So, starting today, I"m gonna try not to take any and only resort to something lighter like ibuprofen IF necessary. That said, my water intake should rebound today.

Who woulda thunk it that I'd be a water-only drinker? I remember hating water and had to start out by adding lemons just to be able to drink it. And, I couldn't drink water in the morning without getting nauseous. Well, look at me now! I only drink water and can wake up and drink my bottle of room temp water right away. (I can't remember who gave me that room-temp tip but, you know who you are. THANKS, GIRL!!!)

Anywho, I'm working on my 2nd 23.7 oz bottle now. Off to a good start.

Wishing you all a well-hydrated day! :drunk:

DominicanBrazilian82

NJoy said:
Thanks for the check-ins, ladies. A challenge is only as good as your participation. I know for me, checking in keeps me accountable. Of course, I also know that seeing the thread pop up also reminds me so, perhaps some are still with us but not officially checking in. IDK. But I do know that I'm still working at it. My best growth months are always months that I've kept my water intake up.

For the past couple days, I've fallen short of my goal and only did 71 oz. 84 is my goal and 94 has been my typical. I've been on some pain meds since the car accident that have me sleeping so much. This has caused me to come up short by a bottle.

I hate being on meds, epecially those that put me to sleep. So, starting today, I"m gonna try not to take any and only resort to something lighter like ibuprofen IF necessary. That said, my water intake should rebound today.

Who woulda thunk it that I'd be a water-only drinker? I remember hating water and had to start out by adding lemons just to be able to drink it. And, I couldn't drink water in the morning without getting nauseous. Well, look at me now! I only drink water and can wake up and drink my bottle of room temp water right away. (I can't remember who gave me that room-temp tip but, you know who you are. THANKS, GIRL!!!)

Anywho, I'm working on my 2nd 23.7 oz bottle now. Off to a good start.

Wishing you all a well-hydrated day! :drunk:

I love water at room temperature... Cold water is only good when I'm sweating or it's really hot.