[2017 Dallas Hair Event] Bella Kinks 2017 Expo

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi, ladies and gents! :wavey:

Bella Kinks is having the 2017 Expo on October 21-22, 2017.
  • Early bird tickets are $5.
  • There are other tickets available, such as VIP tickets, Brunch tickets, etc. They accept PayPal.
Here is the link: https://bellakinksexpo.squarespace.com/

Here is a summary type video of last year's Bella Kinks Expo:

The Bella Kinks YouTube Channel contains a slew of videos from 2015 and 2016 (the Glam Twinz presentation, the CurlBox CEO presentation, etc.):

Blessings!

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
You made it back home yet?

Thanks for asking. It ended at either 7 or 7:30 PM. I left early, and while walking past other events occurring in the building, I saw Tony Robbins speaking!

Earlier a random guy had given me a VIP badge to this event. I had no idea Tony was speaking! I put on the badge and attended the final hour of his 4 hour presentation.

Wow is all I can say.

I'm now in the car about to drive home.

I'll post later about this if I remember, but the Shea Moisture lady got my contact information to work on some things! Also, SM said they can't say anything yet, but they are addressing the gel issue! Interesting!

Also, a lady at the expo has invented a new bomb-behind hair roller. It's TOTALLY unique. I'll try to remember to share tomorrow.

Blessings, lady! Thanks again for asking. :smile:

Evolving78

Thanks for asking. It ended at either 7 or 7:30 PM. I left early, and while walking past other events occurring in the building, I saw Tony Robbins speaking!

Earlier a random guy had given me a VIP badge to this event. I had no idea Tony was speaking! I put on the badge and attended the final hour of his 4 hour presentation.

Wow is all I can say.

I'm now in the car about to drive home.

I'll post later about this if I remember, but the Shea Moisture lady got my contact information to work on some things! Also, SM said they can't say anything yet, but they are addressing the gel issue! Interesting!

Also, a lady at the expo has invented a new bomb-behind hair roller. It's TOTALLY unique. I'll try to remember to share tomorrow.

Blessings, lady! Thanks again for asking. :smile:
Wow networking and I bet you walked out of that presentation ready to take on the world! Lol

unaltered.

I was there from about 1-4pm and honestly was kind of disappointed. I found last year's expo very engaging and the venue was beautiful and really worked with the rental decor. This year's was a lot more space which was Great but the room itself was a bit of an eyesore. Last year's venue was a very modern vibe and had a lot of different activities going on. Still glad that I was able to go though.

Shea Moisture CEO was there and had a panel and I believe he addressed the drama. People seemed receptive to him. I didn't listen to the whole talk so I didn't hear exactly what he said to that. At the beginning, he was saying basically that alllllll these brands that you now see at Target, Walgreens, CVS wouldn't be there if not for Shea Moisture. Sounded pompous but gotta admit that he was right. @YvetteWithJoy

LushLox

^^^ Yeah but he didn’t need to say all that. It makes him sound arrogant, anyone would think they’re feeling threatened by the competition. I wonder what their market share is compared to their competitors.

The best thing about these expos is the discounted shopping, so what did you buy ladies? Enquiring minds would like to know!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I bought nothing, but I purchased the VIP ticket which came with a heavy swag bag of full-sized products. I also won a shampoo / conditioner set.

I bought nothing because nothing tempted me. Everyone's ingredients seem so similar.

I would have purchased the new, unique rollers I saw (still trying to figure out where my phone put the video on my computer, then I'll share).

Here is all what I left with ("s" means sample size):
  1. Glamazon Beauty Hydro-Matte Liquid Lipstick in the color Maui
  2. Urban Skin Rx Even Tone Cleansing Bar 3-in-1 Treatment (2-oz. sample)
  3. Urban Hydration Coconut Oil Salt Scrub - Spearmint Tea Tree
  4. Urban Hydration Avocado Oil & Argan Oil Coconut Oil Shampoo (99% food-based)
  5. Urban Hydration Avocado Oil & Argan Oil Coconut Oil Conditioner (99% food-based)
  6. Design Essentials Natural - Almond & Avocado Curling Creme
  7. Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Zero Break Reconstructor Multi-phase Elixir with Hydro-Ceramides and Natural Oils
  8. Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Natural Cleansing Cowash (s)
  9. Eden BodyWorks Essentials Butter for Hair and Body
  10. Curls Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave In Conditioner
  11. Shea Moisture 100% Coconut Oil Daily Hydration Shampoo
  12. Jane Carter Solution Curls to Go Shine On Curl Elixir
  13. Long Aid Manuka Honey & Coconut Curling Jelly (s)
  14. Silk Elements Strength 'N Silk Thermal Silk Styler
  15. Silk Elements Strength 'N Silk Edge Gel (s)
  16. Jamaican Mango & Lime Black Castor Oil Exotic Oil Collection for Skin & Nails Ximenia with Dudu Osum
  17. Several little packets of Creme of Nature poo, conditioner, and leave-in

unaltered.

^^^ Yeah but he didn’t need to say all that. It makes him sound arrogant, anyone would think they’re feeling threatened by the competition. I wonder what their market share is compared to their competitors.

The best thing about these expos is the discounted shopping, so what did you buy ladies? Enquiring minds would like to know!

Sure did. I haven't been into Shea Moisture for a while with so many better options available. All the drama just reinforced my decision to stay away from them.

Not much. I bought a skin care serum from UrbanRx that they are shipping to me and some of that Babassu deep conditioner + the new leave in from Mielle Organics. My hair really likes that conditioner and so far I'm liking the leave in.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I was there from about 1-4pm and honestly was kind of disappointed. I found last year's expo very engaging and the venue was beautiful and really worked with the rental decor. This year's was a lot more space which was Great but the room itself was a bit of an eyesore. Last year's venue was a very modern vibe and had a lot of different activities going on. Still glad that I was able to go though.

Shea Moisture CEO was there and had a panel and I believe he addressed the drama. People seemed receptive to him. I didn't listen to the whole talk so I didn't hear exactly what he said to that. At the beginning, he was saying basically that alllllll these brands that you now see at Target, Walgreens, CVS wouldn't be there if not for Shea Moisture. Sounded pompous but gotta admit that he was right. @YvetteWithJoy

I agree about the sparse look and dearth of activities.

And yes to EVERYTHING you said about SM.

mzpurp

I bought nothing, but I purchased the VIP ticket which came with a heavy swag bag of full-sized products. I also won a shampoo / conditioner set.

I bought nothing because nothing tempted me. Everyone's ingredients seem so similar.

I would have purchased the new, unique rollers I saw (still trying to figure out where my phone put the video on my computer, then I'll share).

Here is all what I left with ("s" means sample size):
  1. Glamazon Beauty Hydro-Matte Liquid Lipstick in the color Maui
  2. Urban Skin Rx Even Tone Cleansing Bar 3-in-1 Treatment (2-oz. sample)
  3. Urban Hydration Coconut Oil Salt Scrub - Spearmint Tea Tree
  4. Urban Hydration Avocado Oil & Argan Oil Coconut Oil Shampoo (99% food-based)
  5. Urban Hydration Avocado Oil & Argan Oil Coconut Oil Conditioner (99% food-based)
  6. Design Essentials Natural - Almond & Avocado Curling Creme
  7. Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Zero Break Reconstructor Multi-phase Elixir with Hydro-Ceramides and Natural Oils
  8. Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Natural Cleansing Cowash (s)
  9. Eden BodyWorks Essentials Butter for Hair and Body
  10. Curls Blueberry Bliss Reparative Leave In Conditioner
  11. Shea Moisture 100% Coconut Oil Daily Hydration Shampoo
  12. Jane Carter Solution Curls to Go Shine On Curl Elixir
  13. Long Aid Manuka Honey & Coconut Curling Jelly (s)
  14. Silk Elements Strength 'N Silk Thermal Silk Styler
  15. Silk Elements Strength 'N Silk Edge Gel (s)
  16. Jamaican Mango & Lime Black Castor Oil Exotic Oil Collection for Skin & Nails Ximenia with Dudu Osum
  17. Several little packets of Creme of Nature poo, conditioner, and leave-in

:wave: @YvetteWithJoy

I was wondering what your experience with the bolded products was? I was about to place an order as they're having a 40% off sale right now but haven't read any reviews. Any information will be greatly appreciated!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
:wave: @YvetteWithJoy

I was wondering what your experience with the bolded products was? I was about to place an order as they're having a 40% off sale right now but haven't read any reviews. Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Hey, lady. :smile:

I haven't used it yet and I just did wash day, but if you'd like I can open the seal and smell them at least and comment on the scent.

If it means anything, the line's creator is from the hood; put everything on the line to pursue success; is alllllllll about healthy, nonharmful ingredients; and tries to help show others how to go into business for themselves successfully.