2x a week washers, how are you drying your hair?

fluffylocks

For those who wash 2x a week, how are you drying your hair?

Airdry both
Rollerset Both
Airdry one, blowdry the other
Airdry one, airdry and flatiron the other.......

What are you doing?

With washing, and detangling--possibly rollersetting, do you ever feel like your manipulating your hair too much?

Are you protective styling?

tbutler2205

hey fluffylocks! i wash twice weekly, and roller set both times. i usually don't have a problem detangling...but my hair is only shoulder length. when it's dry i fingercomb the curls and put it in a curly updo. the curliness doesn't last but maybe a couple days... i take it down, moisturize the ends (sealing with oil of course) and put it back up. i try to schedule my workouts so that the most strenuous fall on washdays and vice versa. my hair is like twice the thickness...i need to dust though, but i guess my reggie is working thus far. we'll see!

Dposh167

airdry both days. Either in 7 braids w/ rollers on ends or a pony with a roller. if im too many weeks post, ill do pigtails wit rollers

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I usually rollerset but I've been lazy this week so I washed and sat under the dryer till my hair was about 90% dry. I put some leave-in, lacio lacio, sealed the ends with oil and tied a scarf. Then I used two rollers (the sticky ones) to roll the ends. In the morning, I comb and clip with a banana clip.

But I'll be going back to rollersetting. Next week :D

loolalooh

I wash 1-2x a week and airdry all the time. I usually airdry in twists, keep the twists in for some days, and wear a twistout until the next wash. It's a low manipulation routine for me.

ETA: Sometimes I keep the twists in through the next wash. (Wash in twists.)

Last edited:

Lady Esquire

For those who wash 2x a week, how are you drying your hair?

Airdry both
Rollerset Both
Airdry one, blowdry the other
Airdry one, airdry and flatiron the other.......

What are you doing?

With washing, and detangling--possibly rollersetting, do you ever feel like your manipulating your hair too much?

Are you protective styling?

I have done all of the above. It just depends on what my goals are at that time, and how much new growth I have. When I used to rollerset twice a week, I did feel like I had too much manipulation, but sometimes rollersetting was the best way to straighten that new growth (especially if I had an event to go).

The best stretch I ever had was this year from Jan - June:
Weeks 1 to 12: rollerset
Weeks 12 to 24: airdry to 80%, lightly blowdry on cool, then flat iron.

Right now, I am airdrying both times, because I have gone back to protective styling.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Airdry each time :yep: Once every blue moon, I might do a rollerset or flexi rod set after one of the washes

I don't feel like I'm manipultaing my hair too much :)

moonglowdiva

I sit under my dryer but I don't always rollerset. My hair doesn't like to be airdried. I get matting, tangles and its counterproductive.

Sunshyn3

I wash 2x/weekly and I always air dry. Sometimes I'll air dry first, then blow dry on cool hair the rest of the way.

Tarae

I usually rollerset or braid/twist out. I only air dry when I'm lazy and my hair makes me pay for it.

I'm protective styling for now, but I usually wear my hair out (pin curls or wrap).

fluffylocks

hey fluffylocks! i wash twice weekly, and roller set both times. i usually don't have a problem detangling...but my hair is only shoulder length. when it's dry i fingercomb the curls and put it in a curly updo. the curliness doesn't last but maybe a couple days... i take it down, moisturize the ends (sealing with oil of course) and put it back up. i try to schedule my workouts so that the most strenuous fall on washdays and vice versa. my hair is like twice the thickness...i need to dust though, but i guess my reggie is working thus far. we'll see!

Hey Tbutler, Welcome! Thanks for answering, I love pincurls have you tried those at night to keep your curls when they start to fade? Okay, so its not giving you any problems...I think ima try! That sounds like a great regimen.

Airdry both & protective styling...;)
Thankyou, i looked at your siggy and was like :yep: doing her justice LOL

airdry both days. Either in 7 braids w/ rollers on ends or a pony with a roller. if im too many weeks post, ill do pigtails wit rollers

I LOVE your hair.....I've never tried the airdry w/braids and rollers and the ponytail w/a roller only once but I will again becaue your hair looks like its ALWAYS fly.

I usually rollerset but I've been lazy this week so I washed and sat under the dryer till my hair was about 90% dry. I put some leave-in, lacio lacio, sealed the ends with oil and tied a scarf. Then I used two rollers (the sticky ones) to roll the ends. In the morning, I comb and clip with a banana clip.

But I'll be going back to rollersetting. Next week :D
:lachen:Gottaa get back to the rollerseting lol, Dang though your improv lazy thing sounds like a good idea too! So you rollerset 2x a week too and your hair is thriving...:yep:

I wash 1-2x a week and airdry all the time. I usually airdry in twists, keep the twists in for some days, and wear a twistout until the next wash. It's a low manipulation routine for me.

ETA: Sometimes I keep the twists in through the next wash. (Wash in twists.)

Thats really low manipulation. I was also thinking about detangling, braiding, washing in braids, then when it dry unbraid and do it over again next time.

I have done all of the above. It just depends on what my goals are at that time, and how much new growth I have. When I used to rollerset twice a week, I did feel like I had too much manipulation, but sometimes rollersetting was the best way to straighten that new growth (especially if I had an event to go).

The best stretch I ever had was this year from Jan - June:
Weeks 1 to 12: rollerset
Weeks 12 to 24: airdry to 80%, lightly blowdry on cool, then flat iron.

Right now, I am airdrying both times, because I have gone back to protective styling.

I know what you mean, rollerseting is probally still the best thing to do for indirect heat and styled hair/tamed new growth.

The airdry 80, blow on cool and flatiron sounds excellent too....Thanks for giving such a thurough answer. I want to do a stretch from November- May and Im already having alittle difficulty trying to airdry (and IDK why so early)--But thankyou ;)

Airdry both times .

I wash twice a week. Mostly I airdry. Sometimes I will rollerset. Only set 10 to 15 % of the time.

Okay, thanks....I was actually alittle aprehensive about even just washing 2x a week and airdrying but I saw a thread of yours and you've just made some excellent progress I saw so this is inspiring. 10-15% of the time seems really low manipulation.

Airdry each time :yep: Once every blue moon, I might do a rollerset or flexi rod set after one of the washes

I don't feel like I'm manipultaing my hair too much :)

Thankyoouuuuu Tiffers :) You made me go pick up some 14 en 1, and that stuff tingles too? WOW. In love LOL

I sit under my dryer but I don't always rollerset. My hair doesn't like to be airdried. I get matting, tangles and its counterproductive.

I get that too :perplexed :perplexed :perplexed It has to be dried w/some kind of heat or in braid or SOMETHING. I sit under a dryer alot of times too, and its not bad at all esp on low...thanks.

I rollerset both times and I don't feel like I'm manipulating my hair too much.

I wash at least 2x a week and I air dry.

I wash 2x/weekly and I always air dry. Sometimes I'll air dry first, then blow dry on cool hair the rest of the way.

This sounds really nice....I know the cold air could be bennifical to hair.

I usually rollerset or braid/twist out. I only air dry when I'm lazy and my hair makes me pay for it.

I'm protective styling for now, but I usually wear my hair out (pin curls or wrap).

Makes you pay for it :lachen:....I forgot about twistouts, Thanks! (Me too, pincurls)

I wanna start washing 2x/wk starting in 09, thanks OP for starting this thread.

Me too :yep:

Thanks PPearl and Cichelle!

THANKYOU LOVELY LADIES! :)

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I wash with shampoos 2x a week, and co-wash as much as 3x a week sometimes, and I keep my hair in a wet bun at all times so my ends are never dry. I think as long as you squeeze out as much water as your can from your hair, and just add product your hair will dry enough on its own even though it's wintertime. I don't care if my ends are wet because I baggie them 24/7.