3 Months Progress (PICS)

ceebee3

Hey ladies,

I wasn't really ready to post any pictures but I'm joing the rollersetting and protective styling challenge and we have to post a starting pic. I decided to just go on and put it all out there. So I started my journey on January 31, 2009 a week after my relaxer. To make a long story short, I never knew how to properly care for hair and so I always wore in a bun or ponytail. I relaxed maybe once or twice a year and didn't really do anything to my hair. I'm turning 30 next year and it was one of my New Years Resolutions to learn how to do my own hair and not depend on a stylist. I've learned so much since joining here. I've been rollersetting faithfully and I've also been moisturizing and sealing and deep conditioning. I've also learned to do search and destroys. I'm happy to report my ends are in great shape. I plan on trimming with my next relaxer in July. Take a look at the pics and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• DSC00976.jpg
    DSC00976.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 56
  • After Wash 2-14-09.jpg
    After Wash 2-14-09.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Second Rollerset-4 weeks post.jpg
    Second Rollerset-4 weeks post.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC00949.jpg
    DSC00949.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC01300.jpg
    DSC01300.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 64

ceebee3

Thanks, I think my regimen is pretty simple. I wash once a week with a moisturizing shampoo (Aphogee), Deep Condition with any moisturizing conditioner I have (BJs Brand, Costco Brand, Keracare or Motions Moisture Plus) for 2--25 minutes under the dryer and rinse, apply moisturizing leave in (currently lacio lacio-still looking for a good one), Apply Aphogee Keratin and Green tea spray for strength and Chi Silk Infusion Serum, Rollerset and Wrap.

I've been doing that for the last 11 weeks. I've also used the hardcore Aphogee twice. I noticed good results the first time, not so great the 2nd time. I've still got some breakage so when I wash this week I'll try the Nexxus Emergencee.

I do an overnight oil treatment once a month with just olive oil and I also clarify every 3 weeks.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Great progress!!!! :grin:

You say you've used hardcore Aphogee twice in the last three months? Since your hair is still breaking, you're probably dealing with protein overload. I would definitely hold off on Emergencee for a while.

Next time you comb your hair, take one of the broken hairs and pull it. If it quickly snaps without stretching first, you need more moisture. Cut out the Aphogee Green Tea for now. Also, dc longer :yep: The magic number for most folks under the dryer is 45 minutes. I used to sit under the dryer for 30 minutes and my hair was still not where I wanted it to be. I joined the deep conditioning challenge and started dc'ing 45 minutes to an hour under the dryer and it made a HUUUUUGE difference.

Your hair shaft needs time to let the heat open it up, then your hair needs adequate time to absorb the conditioner. You have to give it enough time to do its job :yep:

ceebee3

Thanks Tiffers,

I think I will hold off on the emergencee. This moisture/protein thing seems so hard for me. I'm really struggling with this. My hair feels really good but I still see little broken hairs when I comb. I will definetly take your advice and stay under the dryer longer when deep conditioning.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Great progress!!!! :grin:

You say you've used hardcore Aphogee twice in the last three months? Since your hair is still breaking, you're probably dealing with protein overload. I would definitely hold off on Emergencee for a while.

Next time you comb your hair, take one of the broken hairs and pull it. If it quickly snaps without stretching first, you need more moisture. Cut out the Aphogee Green Tea for now. Also, dc longer :yep: The magic number for most folks under the dryer is 45 minutes. I used to sit under the dryer for 30 minutes and my hair was still not where I wanted it to be. I joined the deep conditioning challenge and started dc'ing 45 minutes to an hour under the dryer and it made a HUUUUUGE difference.

Your hair shaft needs time to let the heat open it up, then your hair needs adequate time to absorb the conditioner. You have to give it enough time to do its job :yep: