3c-4a-4b Texturized Heads, Do Any of You...

metro_qt

Do any of you have the same problem I do?
If So, I need answers.
I've had my hair texturized twice at a salon, and while i'm loving the texturizer, It's actually given me a third state on my head.
(the normal two being new growth, and curls/waves)

There's an area about 2-3 inches long after my new growth, that is texturized that is just frizzy and tangled, even when wet. It can be combed out to lie smoothly when wet, but then just looks frizzy and tangled when it starts to dry. After those 3 inches however, the rest of the strand smooths out into a curl/or wave.

It's not totally apparent because the area of my hair that is exposed lies smoothly, but everything underneath dries all tangled, so, If the wind were to blow, or I were to lift up a section of my hair, you'd see a good 3 inches of tangled hair, and then it smooths into curls/waves.

Does anyone else have this problem?
I'm suspecting that I'm the only one with this problem, Since i've looked at countless people's albums and their texturized hair is beautiful.

I've tried many many things to deal with the frizz in that area... serums. glosses gels... even my beloved Roux porosity control, cuz i was thinking that the frizzy tangle might be hair that's not Ph balanced or something.

Nothing!
Anyway. any advice would be appreciated.
I don't think my hair is underprocessed, since they took so long to process each individual section of my hair, etc...

What do any of you guys think?

Queenie

It's uneven processing. That's happened to me also. The frizzy section needs to be relaxed a little more to match the curly section.

lonei

It sounds similar to what I'm experiencing, i am trying to be patient, especially with wet detangling but its proving very difficult.

RabiaElaine

I agree it's uneven processing. I had this problem when I was texturized a few years ago. In my opinion a stylist has to be really experienced to do a proper application, because you aren't relaxing to straight you are relaxing to curly, and since different parts of everyone's hair is different textures it can be difficult to relax them all to the same curl. Hopefully you can find a good stylist to correct it without making the hair too straight.