4a/4b Naturals that Shampoo

brebre928

Hey 4a/4b ladies I got a question for ya...what shampoo do you use? Since I became natural I've tried to use Shampoos that don't contain any harmful ingredients and won't dry my hair out. I picked up some Jane Carter Solution Moisture Nourishing Shampoo and when i left the store I read the label (I should have done this in the store...smh:wallbash:) Anywho one of the ingredients is Sodium Laureth Sulfate... do you guys think I should take it back or just use it. If I do decide to take it back to the store which shampoo do you recommend I get. I look forward to your response...thanks ladies :)

P.S. If this question has already been posted by somebody else, can you post the thread link for me...thanks

Last edited:

Nonie

Funny I'm not so picky about shampoos. I love gel looking shampoos mainly coz I feel they don't coat my scalp like creamy ones might and my love for shampoo is mainly due to their scalp cleansing ability. Of those, I use Trader Joe's Nourish Spa or Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Shampoos, or Garnier Fructis which I am sure has SLS.

After a treatment with Nexxus Emergencee, I might shampoo my hair (not so much scalp) with Nexxus Therappe or Neutrogena Triple Moisture (with the green cap). Elucence may also feature here.

Bunmi

I recently started using using Aubrey Organics - Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo (and Conditioner). No SLS or Parabens. I really like it. For me, there is a notable difference between how my hair feels now (after shampooing) vs when I used a shampoo containing SLS.

Fine 4s

I only co-wash.
I've used Kenra clarifying poo once, it didn't seem to strip the hair.

loulou82

I use Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo. It's very concentrated so I dilute it. An 8 oz. bottle has lasted me more than a year.

I would try out the JC Shampoo and if your hair doesn't respond well to it take it back.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I am a cowasher. But before I henna, I usually chelate and poo.. this is usually 1x a month or every 6-8 weeks

Chelating- ORS creamy aloe
Shampoo- Elasta QP Creme conditioning shampoo

Katherina

i use aubrey organics honeysuckle rose. but i only use it when i henna. otherwise i'm cowashing.

msa

Lately, I've been using my cetaphil face wash :look:.

It's gentle, it cleans my scalp well, and the runoff cleans my hair.

darlingdiva

I use Earthly Delight Herbal Shampoo. I use it after I've deep conditioned on dry hair while the conditioner is still in my hair. I don't use it on my hair w/out conditioner b/c it is somewhat concentrated.

For clarifying, I use V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo. For $1.19, it does its job very well.

carameldelight87

I use Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soap in Lavender. I dilute it with water. I wash once a week and co-wash every other day and seal with an oil of my choice.

Nouvelle

Giovanni TTTT Shampoo's been working pretty good for me and it's sulfate free. It doesn't strip my hair and leaves my hair nice and soft.

Last edited:

PerplexingComplex

When I shampooed (I don't anymore), I used dr bronner's. It cleaned my hair well without stripping it. Also, a little goes a long way.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I love shampoo-I can't help it, i know i'm just being hoodwinked by all the lather, but still...:lick:
my faves are Aussie Moist and Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine. Both leave my hair feeling clean, but not stripped. I'm pretty sure they both contain sulfates, but it doesn't seem to matter to my hair. :look:

Stormy

I switch between Giovanni's Smooth as Silk shampoo and Elucence. I also use Giovanni's Triple Tea Treat (I think that's the name, gotta check the bottle) when I want to clarify. My hair loves the ingredients in all of these shampoos. :yep:

almond eyes

Moisturising shampoos for sure. But I now also dilute my shampoos a bit and only concentrate on my scalp.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Rei

J/a/s/o/n tea tree shampoo. No sulfates, but its still pretty drying. I've never tried a shampoo that wasn't drying, sulfates or no, with the sole exception of the old CON. I shampoo like once a month anyway, so it doesn't matter that much for me.

nikki2229

I'm transitioning and so is DD. But I use AO HSR for me and J/a/s/o/n Natural Sea Kelp shampoo for her. Her hair does not agree with the AO HSR shampoo on the JASON is just OK for my hair.

mstar

Luxury bacon
I use Elucence Moisture Benefits shampoo. It's the best I've ever used, by far. It contains sodium myreth sulfate, which is very gentle, and it doesn't strip my hair at all.

I also like Cocoa Pink's Princess Poo, which is a moisturizing sulfate-free shampoo that leaves my hair very shiny and manageable.

suburbanbushbabe

When I'm not co-washing with GVP Biolage Matrix conditioning balm (diluted), I cleanse with Theraneem Maximum Strength neem soap with Sweet Orange and Ylang Ylang. It contains 20% neem. I just started using Dr. Woods Sheavision Black Soap with Shea butter (castile type soap).

Urban

I'm not too fussed about shampoo, I kinda just use whatever now. I do try to go for ones that are for dry hair. I pretty much always dilute my shampoo, especially if it has sulphates.

I never apply shampoo directly on my hair tho, only my scalp.

maxineshaw

I don't mind sulfates. I just don't like using shampoos that contain a lot of surfactants, and I judge shampoos that I purchase by what kinds of surfactants they contain and in which order. For example, I've seen shampoos that have sls and als back to back-major no no in my book. My hair usually likes something like sls and/or cocamidopropyl betaine.

Anyhow, I like to use whatever Pantene shampoo I happen to grab. Right now I am using the Nature Fusion Moisturizing Shampoo. Works well enough. I also like the Sizta 2 Sizta cleanser-works well and only contains one surfactant.

I don't like co-washing, rinsing (as in with Baking soda or vinegar), or using a natural cleanser (as in one made of soap).

Last edited:

my-my

I use Chagrin Valley soap/shampoo bars on my hair. If I don't use that then I use the original CON shampoo. I probably have enough to wash my hair 2 more times, so once thats gone, I'm done.
I just like to avoid sulfates because they strip my hair.