4b or c ... i don't want to give up plz help

Ishraq

hi every body this is my storey briefly:

i'm 4b or 4c, using No-lye relaxer , when i started my rigemn my hair is getting better but i'm still have lil breakage. but these days i felt it more when i used egg mix with yougrt and olive oil,then i folowed with Co. at the next day my hair turned so dry. i used Co with lil of Aphogee 2 min. but i had nothing i'm still having breakage. I used Coco oil but its not for me it's make my hair dry. but still other coconut oil but it's has so bad smill so i don't use it.

i know u will tell me u need to balance protien and deep conditioning ! but i dont how.

can u give a 4b or 4c regiment to follow to stop breake completly and make my hair strong?
. i'm about APL i want to reach BSL and beyond. so how this well happen with al this breakage?

do u think changing from No-lye to Lye will help me?

plz help i'm so confused...:wallbash:

taz007

Since you are using a no-lye relaxer, you MUST use a chelating shampoo and incorporate ceramides into your routine.

I use Joico chelating shampoo the week of my relaxer and love Biolage Cerarepair Hydratherapie. No more dry hair!!

HTH!

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I also wanted to add that my 4b hair never got straight with relaxer unless I left it on way longer than it was supposed to be on, which of course leads to breakage. I would recommend texlaxing since you'll have to use some sort of heat to get a nice style even you go bone straight. Texlaxing will cause less damage to your hair

loveisnthehouse

I also wanted to add that my 4b hair never got straight with relaxer unless I left it on way longer than it was supposed to be on, which of course leads to breakage. I would recommend texlaxing since you'll have to use some sort of heat to get a nice style even you go bone straight. Texlaxing will cause less damage to your hair

I hate to jack the thread, but... why do you think it is necissary to use heat even when relaxed bone straight? Is it the friz factor? It doesn't air dry straight?

Spring

Ishraq,
since your hair is breaking and dry after using protein, I would stay away from protein for awhile and deep condition with a no-cone conditioner (there might be a list of no-cone conditioners here). It sounds like protein overload.

NIN4eva

Ishraq,
since your hair is breaking and dry after using protein, I would stay away from protein for awhile and deep condition with a no-cone conditioner (there might be a list of no-cone conditioners here). It sounds like protein overload.

I agree, egg and Aphogee? That totally sounds like protein overload..

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I hate to jack the thread, but... why do you think it is necissary to use heat even when relaxed bone straight? Is it the friz factor? It doesn't air dry straight?

Most people relax for a straight(ish) look and most people use heat (blowdryer, flat iron, rollersets, etc) to get the straight wrap look. IMO it's not necessary but most people who relax go for this look
ETA I'm talking about outside the forums. We all know of ways to style our hair without heat but life outside the hair forums is full of people who leave the relaxer on too long and abuse heat (like I once did)

Last edited:

NIN4eva

IMO it's totally unnecessary to use heat when relaxed bone straight. Smoothing while air drying moisturizing and sealing properly or roller setting will take care of the frizzies. Now roots on the other hand, sometimes give me no choice. But that's for special occasions and must be done VERY gently.

loveisnthehouse

Ishraq. I agree with some of the other posters that you should try to do a moisturizing DC. ORS replenishing conditioner is a good one and it isn't too expensive. DCing on dry hair helps me the most.

30something

IMO it's totally unnecessary to use heat when relaxed bone straight. Smoothing while air drying moisturizing and sealing properly or roller setting will take care of the frizzies. Now roots on the other hand, sometimes give me no choice. But that's for special occasions and must be done VERY gently.

Relax really doesn't give you an air dried flat ironed looked, I guess some want the silky flat iron results.

In bold I never thought of smooth while air drying, thanks for the tips!

What kind of moisturizing conditioner do you have? You should back off the urges to use protein for your breakage for a bit and slaughter a very moisturizing conditioner on your hair for a bit. Make sure you moisturize often, like maybe once a day

nomoweavesfome

I also think you are n protein overload. Deep condition and protective style hun and no blowdrying or heat. You should see improvement. Oh and as Taz said Chelate before doing all that.

PEACHEY

i had the same problem a couple of months ago. my hair was breaking so bad. so the first thing i thought was it need protein. I did not realize that the reason it was breaking was because it had too much protein. it was just snapping. I was not giving it enough moisture so it was just breaking instead of bending (if thats the right verbage).

i stopped using protein and just focused on moisture moisture moisture. so now I only protein on my relaxer days. and i only focus on the newly relaxed part of my hair (the part where the protein would be breaking down the most at).

I have incorporated natural oils into my regimen to supply my strands with the strength it needs. Avocado oil is good for strength. i know you said you do not like coconut oil, but beings i do not introduce a lot of protein in my hair i use the coconut oil to help my hair not lose the protein it already do have.

i have ran across some coconut oils that do not have a smell. i found that some of the ways they are processed takes away the smell. i love the smell. also you can try african coconut oil. it do not have the same smell as the other coconut oil and the consistency is a little creamier.

Ishraq

Since you are using a no-lye relaxer, you MUST use a chelating shampoo and incorporate ceramides into your routine.

I use Joico chelating shampoo the week of my relaxer and love Biolage Cerarepair Hydratherapie. No more dry hair!!

thanks alot for ur post but what do u mean by chaelating shampoo? can i use baking soda?
HTH!

Ishraq,

yes Spring i thought in leaving protein for a while but i don't what do u mean by cone conditioner ? wich product that u think that have no-cone?

Thanks every body i really apriceiate that . can't live without u:grin:

Spring

yes Spring i thought in leaving protein for a while but i don't what do u mean by cone conditioner ? wich product that u think that have no-cone?

The word "cone" is short for ingredients in some of our conditioners and shampoos that end with-cone, such as "dimethicone". They coat the hair strand to protect, but unfortunately the coating can also block moisture out, causing dryness.

Here is a link to no cone conditioners that might be helpful to you :)
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=196051

Last edited: