4bz Naturals who BKT…QUESTION?!?!

Lebiya

….what results did you get from using the bkt with 5% formaldehyde or higher?..did it straighten..or loosen the curl pattern?

The formaldehyde free one (softliss) did nothing for my hair, the kinks stayed …it did not straighten AT ALL. So now I’d like to try one with formaldehyde in hopes that it will straighten a bit.

What strength straightened your hair?

How long did it last?

What brand did you use?

I’d like to try this before I textlax.

Ediese

Would strongly recommend against using any with formaldhyde 5% or higher.

You should probably check out Marcia Texeira. Try adding developer for more of a result. I think that one gives more of a change.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
I would texlax with phyto or something similar over using a formula with formaldehyde

Lebiya

I would texlax with phyto or something similar over using a formula with formaldehyde

Yes this is what I’m leaning more towards - If I do, I will use phyto index I

- I cannot take anymore 5+ hrs detangling sessions...

Lebiya

Would strongly recommend against using any with formaldhyde 5% or higher.

You should probably check out Marcia Texeira. Try adding developer for more of a result. I think that one gives more of a change.

What is a developer?

Chameleonchick

If you want it to get straight use a 4% type. Leave it on for the full amount of time it says, rinse with warm water and then blowdry your hair straight again. Then do a "real" first wash the next day. It will be straight or really texlaxed looking.

Lebiya

If you want it to get straight use a 4% type. Leave it on for the full amount of time it says, rinse with warm water and then blowdry your hair straight again. Then do a "real" first wash the next day. It will be straight or really texlaxed looking.

^ ...good idea.

I wonder why they say 4% or higher is so bad though?

Yoshi3329

wow 5+ hours!! how long is your hair?!?!?

That's what I'm thinking. 5 plus hours is bananas!:blush: From what I've read, many of the veteran naturals don't even really detangle. :perplexed

OP, how long have you been having to deal with this?

Lebiya

That’s just the thing though, my hair isn’t even that long…its APL -BSL ish ( I have layers) …I wear braids (cornrows) most of the time, in fact I have some in right now that I need to take out. But I cant even wash my hair often (when its out) due to fear of tangling, SSK..…same ol same ol’ problem most naturals with my hair type face.

I’m either BKTin or texlaxing …SSK and the plain fear of doing anything to my hair due to tangling has prevented me from being WSL Today …I’m just tired of all the drama and time I put into my hair .

Soooooooooo…natural (who are 4z ..NO curl pattern) who have used 4% BKT or more…did it straighten your hair???.. AND HOW LONG DID IT LAST!?!?!?!?

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
That’s just the thing though, my hair isn’t even that long…its APL -BSL ish ( I have layers) …I wear braids (cornrows) most of the time, in fact I have some in right now that I need to take out. But I cant even wash my hair often (when its out) due to fear of tangling, SSK..…same ol same ol’ problem most naturals with my hair type face.

I’m either BKTin or texlaxing …SSK and the plain fear of doing anything to my hair due to tangling has prevented me from being WSL Today …I’m just tired of all the drama and time I put into my hair .

Soooooooooo…natural (who are 4z ..NO curl pattern) who have used 4% BKT or more…did it straighten your hair???.. AND HOW LONG DID IT LAST!?!?!?!?

Quick question....do you care whether or not you stay natural? Cause if you don't then I'd suggest texlaxing since after a couple of months the BKT will wear off and you'll have to deal with your natural curl pattern again. Moreover, a BKT is more expensive and requires more maintenance to keep it straight (non sulfate shampoos, conditioners, flat irons etc.) I've done a BKT before, but have 3c / 4a texture and was transitioning during the time...it lasted about 3 months.

Lebiya

Quick question....do you care whether or not you stay natural? Cause if you don't then I'd suggest texlaxing since after a couple of months the BKT will wear off and you'll have to deal with your natural curl pattern again. Moreover, a BKT is more expensive and requires more maintenance to keep it straight (non sulfate shampoos, conditioners, flat irons etc.) I've done a BKT before, but have 3c / 4a texture and was transitioning during the time...it lasted about 3 months.

I think that’s what I’m going to do …the only thing that was/IS stopping me from texlaxing is next year I may want to perm my hair straight and don’t want to put a perm over a texlaxer …I don’t want damage/breaking/
hair weakening.

Do you ladies think its safe to out a relaxer over a texlaxer? ( I will use phyto at all times)

Is there a thread on this somewhere? off to search.

aa9746

I think that’s what I’m going to do …the only thing that was/IS stopping me from texlaxing is next year I may want to perm my hair straight and don’t want to put a perm over a texlaxer …I don’t want damage/breaking/
hair weakening.

Do you ladies think its safe to out a relaxer over a texlaxer? ( I will use phyto at all times)

Is there a thread on this somewhere? off to search.

bump bump bump