6 inches by december 30

CICI24

I need a little encouragement or maybe a reality check but, I am shoulder length and I want to be brastrap by the end of this year. I only need 6 inches! I have been able to achieve 1 inch per month sometimes 1/2 inch per week. Right now I am on a pretty strict vitamin regime that includes b-complex,biotin,msm,cysteine and delinea. I am using WGO and for me that usually boosts my growth at least an extra 1/4 to 1/2 inch per month I also had my hair braided. I plan on leaving my braids in for 3 months. To achieve my goal I would have to gain 1.5 inches per month until the end of the year and leave my hair alone which is a challenge within itself. Is there anyone else out there who has the same goal? I will try to post some pics of my hair later on this week.

CICI

ComfortablyNumb

I want four inches which would put me past bra strap but I think it's wishful thinking since i haven't seen an inch a month yet. I'll be right there with you trying, though. I'm gonna get strict on myself!

Tebby1017

[ QUOTE ]
I need a little encouragement or maybe a reality check but, I am shoulder length and I want to be brastrap by the end of this year. I only need 6 inches! I have been able to achieve 1 inch per month sometimes 1/2 inch per week. Right now I am on a pretty strict vitamin regime that includes b-complex,biotin,msm,cysteine and delinea. I am using WGO and for me that usually boosts my growth at least an extra 1/4 to 1/2 inch per month I also had my hair braided. I plan on leaving my braids in for 3 months. To achieve my goal I would have to gain 1.5 inches per month until the end of the year and leave my hair alone which is a challenge within itself. Is there anyone else out there who has the same goal? I will try to post some pics of my hair later on this week.

CICI

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a lot of growth to obtain in a small amount of time, but I wish you lots of luck.

Tebby

adrienne0914

i agree with tebby. that seems like a bit much to expect in about 4 months when it would normally take a year. even at 1" per month, it would take at least until february to get 6". we really have little control over the amount that we actually get. sure, we can do things to help it along, but they are not always effective. that's why i think it's better to strive for progress vs. a set amount.

by the way, you're very blessed to get 1" per month.

pressncurl

Cici, I'm trying to reach bra strap by year end too! I am actually a little past shoulder length and need about 5 more inches. I don't know how fast my hair is growing, but when I press it next, I should be able to estimate. With your hair growing at the rate it is, I don't think you will have any problem reaching your goal. Keep us posted.

CICI24

Dejuan I take 10 mg of Freeda biotn, 4 capsules of Trimedica msm w/b-complex,2 delinea and 1000mg of L-cysteine

CICI24

Thank you ComfortablyNumb, Tebby, Adrienne, and Pressncurl, you are right I am blessed to be able to achieve 1 inch per month

Azalia

Hey CICI24,
My goal is to reach bra-strap by December but I don't know how successful I'm going to be. I just went out and bought vitamins yesterday and I think I'm going to take some back. I think the only thing I took where I saw results was L-cysteine, MSM, Biotin, and Primrose oil for moisture. I think I'm going to stick to that regimen but add b-5 to my diet. I wish you and myself LUCK
GO 6 INCHES GO!!!!

L

legs71

[ QUOTE ]

CICI

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an 1-1.5 inches short of reaching my August goal of midback and 3 inches from being brastrap length. Unfortunately, I didn't meet my goal as expected, but it isn't the end of the world. Because I focused so hard on meeting midback by August I failed to realize despite missing my goal I have come very, very far. This is coming from someone who has had short, damaged hair all her life. So looking at the big picture being very close to midback in the back and collarbone on the sides is a major accomplishment for me. Of course my next goal is brastrap, but to make things easier on myself I will not set a date from when I expect to be at brastrap I will accept it whenver it comes.

Good Luck,
Tasha

Chichi

Hi Cici,

I too hope to reach brastrap in December (right in time for Christmas
). I started my quest in May with shoulder length hair that was uneven. As my hair grew a little, I dusted my ends. For the past month and half, I have been doing braidouts to help me stretch out my relaxer. I just did a final rollerset (right before my retouch) and it looks like my hair is a good four inches from brastrap but this is without the retouch (I was kinda surprised at the length, after wearing it in a "short" braidout for all that time). After my retouch, I am hoping that my hair will reach my shoulder blades. I will also try to stretch out that relaxer to four months too (with braidouts) so that in December, I will hopefully have brastrap.

BTW, I am using the Bargello vitamin plan [the Freeda biotin (at 5mg) are wonderful; I have noticed a difference since taking them]. I just plan on adding more protein (eggs and meat) to my diet to aid the growth.

Chichi

diamondlady

Cici,

If you don't reach your goal, don't feel bad. I have yet to reach any of the hair goals I have set and after a year, I was depressed because I was no where near where I wanted to be as far as my hair length was concerned. But I started thinking about what we say in church, "I'm not what I should be, but thank God, I'm not what I use to be".

I didn't reach my goals, but I made progress, I learned a lot and made some extremely good friends on this board, who offered me more than just hair tips. They offered concern and support during some critial, stressful times in my life.

You're extremely blessed to get so much length each month, but as Adrienne's posts says, "Hair is like money, it's not what you make, it's how much you keep" and I've suffered set backs. Keep working towards your goals, and if you don't make by December, you WILL MAKE IT, eventually.

Best of Luck

JazzAngel

CICI24, I can't say for sure that you will reach such a goal in 4 months. However I am a blindly optistimic person. I think life is a big old illusion and you get what you truly want if you remove all doubt that you can achieve it. If you beed doubt that is what will manifest itself.

Anyway, comming back to this dimension, I would suggest that high protein diet that I have been raving about. Know that there are going to be many nay sayers but it's all up to you to try this and see how it works. Even if you don't get your six inches you will and should come very close to it.

Good luck

CICI24

Thanks everybody!!
Jazz Angel'
I will definitley try the high protein diet that you suggested!

ineedmoney,
my regimen changes every few months depending on what I am trying to achieve. but right now I am in braids and I will be for the next 4 months I plan on oiling/spraying my braids and scalp 3 times a week and cleansing my scalp as needed . I take my supplements 2 times a day I'm taking biotin, msm w/b-complex, cysteine and delinea
that's it!
products i'm using on my braids and scalp are:
WGO, hair revitalizer and s-curl spray and I use a no water shampoo for my scalp from Gold medal

A

AmilLion

I'm here to support you CICI, but 6 inches in 4 months is stretch. Good luck to you.