6-month stretch successful after all!

blackbarbie

Ladies, I finally uploaded a couple of pics of my results after my 6-month stretch. (first 2 in my album) I feel better now after I compared them to when I last got my relaxer on 12/7/05 (pic #42 on page 4 of my album). I guess I had to actually see it with my own eyes!

Thanks so much for all the kind words and encouragement from those that were feeling my pain while I was suffering through my "hair anorexia" yesterday and last night!:kissing4:

My layers have almost completely grown out so once I get a few more inches, I will probably get more layers. Now I am trying to decide whether to get more highlights in a few months. I initially said I wouldn't, but the color is sooooo addictive, so I really don't know.

Thanks again ladies; you all are the best (cause ya'll know I was really pittiful yesterday!)

(trying to figure out how to post a comparison pic in my siggy, but I am computer illiterate:perplexed )

legaldiva said:
DAMN girl, you had a really bad case of hair anorexia! It looks amazing!!!

Way to grow!

:lol: I know; it was baaaad. Yeah, I'm laughing now, but I couldn't muster a laugh at all last night!

Ladies, thanks so much again for understanding while I was spazzing out last night! I was just depressed in a bad way last night after getting it relaxed and looking like my 6-months was all in vain. (was thinking about this even before I got the relaxer!) And the sad part was that I was for really felt sad as if I had lost my best friend.:mad: I know some may say it's not that serious (not anyone on THIS board though), but after 6 months, it really was serious for me!

My hair really does feel stronger, which is why I am having 2nd thoughts about doing the color again (i had various shades of light brown and blond highlights) and I am so glad my layers are all growing back out, so I am trying to figure out what my next step will be.

BB

Looks gorgeous...but I can't figure out how to get to your old pics....all I see for you are 3 pictures. Is there a direct link to December photos?

Girl, your hair looks GREAT. :yay: You are BEYOND bra strap and on ure way to waist length. Im sooo relieved that it was just a case of hair anorexia....

Congratulations to you on your WONDERFUL growth. Keep up the GREAT work. You grow girl.:clap:

blackbarbie said:
Ladies, I finally uploaded a couple of pics of my results after my 6-month stretch. (first 2 in my album) I feel better now after I compared them to when I last got my relaxer on 12/7/05 (pic #42 on page 4 of my album). I guess I had to actually see it with my own eyes!

Thanks so much for all the kind words and encouragement from those that were feeling my pain while I was suffering through my "hair anorexia" yesterday and last night!:kissing4:

My layers have almost completely grown out so once I get a few more inches, I will probably get more layers. Now I am trying to decide whether to get more highlights in a few months. I initially said I wouldn't, but the color is sooooo addictive, so I really don't know.

Thanks again ladies; you all are the best (cause ya'll know I was really pittiful yesterday!)

(trying to figure out how to post a comparison pic in my siggy, but I am computer illiterate:perplexed )

*sigh* I felt so bad so bad for you last night....

But now...I can celebrate!!!

:dance7:

Your hair is doing sooooo well! It's beautiful!

Congratulations hun!

What's hair anorexia??

Your hair looks delicious. Congrats for hanging in there and being an inspiration to us all.

*Jaw drops, picks up her jaw and hits Barbie!*

I can't believe you was suffering form hair anorexia! It looks wonderfullllll! I am so happy for you!! Girl you ARE MidBackLength!!!!!

*pulls out the Hypnotic*:cheers:

go own bb! your hair is lookin fierce girl. congrats again on your stretch and making it to brastrap!!!!!

Last edited:
MizaniMami said:
*Jaw drops, picks up her jaw and hits Barbie!*

I can't believe you was suffering form hair anorexia! It looks wonderfullllll! I am so happy for you!! Girl you ARE MidBackLength!!!!!

*pulls out the Hypnotic*:cheers:

Ouch!! Girl I could have used two glasses last night! I guess it was the way he had it styled. It wasn't all curly like it would be after you take the rollers out. He even wrapped it and put me back under the dryer again so that's why I was trying to remain positive but really having little hope when everyone kept saying "wait till the curls drop"......After he unwrapped it and styled it, it was a big poofy, framing my face, ends flipped up thingy, and I didn't have a comb in my purse (stopped carrying one about 3 months ago) to "re" style it.....It was pretty, but a very dramatic look like I was going on a photo shoot or something.

So I combed it straight when I got home and just didn't see a difference at all. That's when i went into freakout mode!!! The wrapping it overnight made everything lay down nicely (****holds head up and hands up to God****:) )

Amazing length! Your hair is astounding. I really don't think I have ever seen highlighted hair grow this long and healthy.

I would caution you against more color but you obviously know how to take care of it and stave off damage.

That is so beautiful and healthy :) Glad it turned out well 4 u :) boy i tell u there is motivation all up in here! Im luving the results. See all that stretching did pay off :)

Synthia said:
Amazing length! Your hair is astounding. I really don't think I have ever seen highlighted hair grow this long and healthy.

I would caution you against more color but you obviously know how to take care of it and stave off damage.

Thanks chica!:)

Did you have a bad experience with color? Other than having to moisturize several times a day (i carry NTM in my purse:lol: ), I haven't had any probs. as I DC and do protein treatments regularly, but I was talking to my old stylist in MS and she of course was telling me how bad the color was for my hair (especially the really light blondish and caramel highlights like I have) and I told her I was going to let it all grow out because it's extra work keeping it moisturized, but the highlights are soooo addictive:grin:

Whew pretty pretty pretty! I love the V/U shape too. I am amazed and how long and healthy you are able to keep your hair even with color in it. Girl, is your regimen posted somewhere? I'm so inspired. :up:

blackbarbie said:
Thanks chica!:)

Did you have a bad experience with color? Other than having to moisturize several times a day (i carry NTM in my purse:lol: ), I haven't had any probs. as I DC and do protein treatments regularly, but I was talking to my old stylist in MS and she of course was telling me how bad the color was for my hair (especially the really light blondish and caramel highlights like I have) and I told her I was going to let it all grow out because it's extra work keeping it moisturized, but the highlights are soooo addictive:grin:

Yes, I did. In the past. I broke off a lot of hair. So, I'm scared to ever lighten again. I've been googling for a healthy, natural way to lighten, but there really isn't one. Lemon juice does not work. :lol: So, I've reconciled myself to having dark hair.

I'd rather go for length over color as apparently my hair cannot handle both, I don't think ... the initial color was fine. It's the constant touch ups did me in.

Look at all that pretty hurr!!!:love:

Everytime I see you post, I mean to compliment the color, but never got the chance. So I'll just go ahead and do it now!

Back