A BARBER for trims?

AngieK

<font color="brown">For those of you who self-relax, do any of you go to a Barber for trims?

Since I plan to self-relax from now on, I will need to find someone who can trim my hair without too much drama. My husband's barber has indicated that he could trim my hair and even layer it (if desired). Since I have never seen any other women in the barber shop at the times that I have been there, I don't have any visible examples of his ability to do a nice trim on relaxed longer hair. I have only seen him do clipper style cuts on short hair.

Do any of you have experience with a barber, or any thoughts in general?

AngieK </font>

diamond_nh

Good luck if you decide to go this route. Maybe it will be better than going to a beautician that thinks she knows all and won't listen to your directions.

pressncurl

This might sound bad, but my first thought is,
that sounds like a good idea. I would actually be more willing to trust a man with my hair than a woman -- and I don't think they would have as much of a problem listening/doing what I want. Now, have I tried this? That would be a no. Just my 2 cents.

Kaela

I honestly don't see too huge of a risk in going to a man for a trim. Not too sure about layers, but just a blunt even trim, I think that would be ok. But, you also run the risk of him taking off too much. I think, deep down, men really don't understand how big of a deal 1 inch...vs. 0.5 an inch is because they don't see the difference like we would (you know, the old emotional attachment).

I had my boyfriend blunt cut my ends, and it came out awesome, and he cuts his own hair all the time. I think its worth a try, personally...

Babygurl

[ QUOTE ]
This might sound bad, but my first thought is,
that sounds like a good idea. I would actually be more willing to trust a man with my hair than a woman -- and I don't think they would have as much of a problem listening/doing what I want. Now, have I tried this? That would be a no. Just my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if the barber is a woman, no one brought that up, I get sensitive about that because my mom is a barber

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
why do some people say trims are not necessary and some people say they are??

whats the advantage of getting a trim and whats the adavantage of not getting a trim??

G

Have you tried trimming your own hair? I trim my own and it turns out perfectly.

My hair is all one length, though. If you have layers and such, you would probably do well to go to a professional.

Good luck!

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
hey blossom how do u trim ur own hair?????

just curious, my roomate trims hers but she just does it, its kinda hard to judge myself on how to trim my hair.

just curious

G

[ QUOTE ]
hey blossom how do u trim ur own hair?????

just curious, my roomate trims hers but she just does it, its kinda hard to judge myself on how to trim my hair.

just curious

[/ QUOTE ]

I found this link on the Internet and the woman actually demonstrates.

I'll try and post it here. Hope it works! I was amazed that I could actually do it.

Make sure you have sharp shears too.

webby

Think Slim
Hi all,

I never thought that I'd say this, because of a horrible experience, but I go to a white woman for a "dusting".

I had to cut all of my hair (over 20 inches) a couple of years ago, after letting a white woman do, what she thought was a wash-n-set.

Eventually, I decided to make the long, 3.5 hour trek to Manhattan to have the Dominicans relax my hair, but I don't let them come near me with scissors until I need a serious trim.

White women, particularly those who have long hair, are typically quite good at dusting the ends, making sure to take off the least amount possible.

When my hair is longer, (it's at the nape of my neck now) I trim my own, but you have to have really good hair scissors; don't use any other type of scissor, because they are too thick, too dull for hair and end up causing more split ends than you know.

Jade21

Frankly, I'd say give the barber a chance. I've been using a male barber for years and wouldn't go to anyone else!

I love my barber Mike

I've emailed with a female barber from the "old" BHC, but have never met one in person.

~Jade~