A few ?'s for Elasta QP Mango Butter users...

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
A few ?\'s for Elasta QP Mango Butter users...

Is this sort of like a Shea Butter? I was also wondering what the ingredients are. Is it all natural? I was thinking about ordering it online. A friend of mine was raving about the Elasta product line, and I have seen so many raves about the mango butter. I just have to try it!

Have any of you tried the Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum? If so, how do you like it?

soulchild

Re: A few ?\'s for Elasta QP Mango Butter users...

Here are the ingredients for it:

Purified Water Aqua , Squalane Olive Oil Derived , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Coconut Oil Derived , PEG-75 Lanolin , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , Hexadecanol , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceterareth-20 , Dimethicone , Phenyl Trimethicone , Mangifera Indica Seed Butter Mango , Theobroma Cocoa Seed Butter Cocoa , Hydrolyzed Silk , Serica , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Butylparaben , Fragrance , FD&C Yellow No. 5 CI 19140

Ayeshia

No it is not all natural. Yes it is similar to shea butter but less greasy and more creamier. However it seems to work best on damp hair, because on dry hair it doesnt seem to penetrate as well. Its it also good for smoothing edges.

Babygurl

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
No it is not all natural. Yes it is similar to shea butter but less greasy and more creamier. However it seems to work best on damp hair, because on dry hair it doesnt seem to penetrate as well. Its it also good for smoothing edges.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, except for the fact that I get good results with wet or dry hair. Its also great for softening new growth.

AngelaP

I love to use it on my wet hair to smooth it back for my buns. It works just as well as any hair gel without all the drying effects of alcohol.

soulchild

QP Mango Butter is more moisutizing vs. regular mango butter or shea butter (which aren't really meant to moistuize). I wouldn't compare them really. Consistency is like a thick creme. It's really good. Highly recommended

karezone

I am currently using it to soften new growth and moisturize ends and it is doing wonders. This Thursday I will be 8 weeks post relaxer and I won't be retouching until 12 weeks which is around February 13.

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
Babygurl said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, except for the fact that I get good results with wet or dry hair. Its also great for softening new growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah my hair doesnt take mango butter when dry

debyjay

I love it so much both on dry and wet hair. On dry hair I apply before I shower. The steam from the hot shower makes my new growth super soft. I am able to comb through even 7 weeks post relaxer.

Crystena77

I like the breakage control serum - but I HAVE to use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards or my hair feels dry.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!

Thanks for all of the replies! :) I will be ordering some this weekend.