a good, clear gel for naturals?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
I asked about gel a long long looooooooong time ago, but dont feel like digging it up :)

Anyway, I am looking for a good clear (because my hair is blonde) gel that will hold my hair down. Something not too icky and heavy but still does its job. I would use it to pull my hair back into a puff or into a ponytail if my hair is straightened. Any suggestions? I think I remember someone saying Garnier Fructus made a good one but I dunno....gimme some particular particular products!

baglady215

so1913 said:
Fantasia IC Styling Gel with Sparkelites.

:yep: I'm not natural but this is a great gel... I tried the blue formula but it was a little too much hold for my relaxed hair. I like the clear. :)

KiSseS03

I'm still transitioning but I just use Aloe Vera Gel and it works great. It doesn't dry my hair out at all, or leave it sticky.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
ITA- Fantasia IC gel w sparkelites. Makes my hair do what I want. It also makes shingling a snap.:lol:

PittGirl06

i'm meeting someone for coffee tonite...i'll swing by and get me some of this stuff. does this gel leave like a "wet" look or whatever? For those who use this gel often, how often do you wash your hair?

PittGirl06

well they didnt have that brand at the store so i bought some wet shine gel from garnier fructis....hopefully i did good.

Nita81

I'm not a natural but I really like this gel from J/A/S/O/N

For Excellent Hold, Texture and Shine
Fortified with Hi-Vitamins, Panthenol-4™ Complex and Flax Seed Protein.
Provides UV Protection.

A high performance hair gel with an advanced styling potion that blends instantly into the hair. Excellent for firm wet look, can be used on dry hair for texturizing, shape and shine. Our special blend of Hi-Vitamins, Panthenol-4 complex and Flax Seed Protein add body and volume while leaving a lustrous shine. Safe for color-treated, permed or even naturally healthy hair. Contains essential oils, pure plant and flower extracts and provides natural sunscreens for UV protection.

Ingredients: Purified Soft Water, Sodium Caseinate, Glycerin (Vege), Soy Protein, Phytantriol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Wheat Protein, DL-Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Potassium Carbomer, Horsetail Extract, Witch Hazel, Polysorbate 20, Ethyl Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Flax Seed Extract, Methylparaben, Natural Fragrance.

I just ordered this gel today...I've been eyeing this one from Giovanni

Magnetic Therapy for your Hair.
Safe for all hair types and colors and color treated hair. Cruelty Free. Certified Organic.

The first styling gel to use the power of the magnetic attraction to hold your style. Millions of natural Micro-MagnetsT (Magnetite**) attract themselves to each other, offering you a longer lasting style. Your hair has the highest level of control, condition and shine possible. It is safe, gentle and effective for color treated hair. Made with Certified Organic ingredients, this ultra modern formula is never sticky, never flakes and never builds-up!

Ingredients: Aqueous (water) extracts of *rosemary (Romarinus officinalis) oil, *sage leaf (Salvia officinalis), *clary (Salvia sclarea), *soybean protein, carbomer, glycerin (plant derived), **Magnetite (Fe304), lactoferrin (metalloprotein), mica, titanium dioxide, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, grapefruit seed.

sky_blu

I need to try this. I currently use JAM! and I love it. It doesnt make my hair too stiff but it holds it in place throughout the day when I use it. And I dont have flakes are brown everywhere.