A good protein conditioner

alopeciagrl

BUMP...

Anyone want to add to this list especially 4abc naturals. I really need to know which one I should get. I am lacking a protein conditioner to get me started for the "09"

HELP naturals what protein conditioner do you like?

ShaniKeys

I`m a 4a/b natural and I use and like:

Protein Rx Reparative Treatment Mask by Frederic Fekkai,
Hair Strengthener by Komaza Care (hard protein) and Damage Remedy IRT by Aveda.

I`m gonna try Aphogee in `09 though

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

I still love Ultra Black Conditioner, it stops breakage immediately and it makes my scalp tingle. I always come back to this conditioner, here are the ingredients;

Ingredients List:

Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Concentrate, Purified Water, Peppermint Oil, Royal Bee Jelly, Menthol, Stearic Acid, Stearalkonium Chloride, Jojoba Oil, Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Lecithin, Extracts of: (Papaya, Fennel, Kiwi), Tocopherol, Wheat Germ Oil, Ascorbic Acid, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, FD&C Yellow No.5.

AtlantaJJ

BUMP...

Anyone want to add to this list especially 4abc naturals. I really need to know which one I should get. I am lacking a protein conditioner to get me started for the "09"

HELP naturals what protein conditioner do you like?
I'm a natural, and I really like Joico reconstructor.

Then there is the ever faithful ORS Olive Oil Replenish Pak

These are all light proteins, I can use them every week! I follow the Joico with a moisture DC, the other two, I can do a cream rinse after using.

kaykaybobay

I tried the Joico yesterday, I still have some breakage though. I may use the reconstructor again next time I washed. It left my hair feeling wonderful though, I rolled my hair up and when it dried my hair was pretty smooth, the ends were pretty nice as well. I did notice a lot of the knots I usually have were not as numerous. Since I'm natural, I'm wondering if I should do another Joico treatment this week? I don't think lack of moisture is the culprit to the tiny amount of breakage I have and splits. My hair is pretty moisturized.

Patricia

I tried the Joico yesterday, I still have some breakage though. I may use the reconstructor again next time I washed. It left my hair feeling wonderful though, I rolled my hair up and when it dried my hair was pretty smooth, the ends were pretty nice as well. I did notice a lot of the knots I usually have were not as numerous. Since I'm natural, I'm wondering if I should do another Joico treatment this week? I don't think lack of moisture is the culprit to the tiny amount of breakage I have and splits. My hair is pretty moisturized.
gOOD QUESTION. I'M HOPING SOMEONE CAN CHIME IN WITH HELPFUL INFO FOR YOU

Jetblackhair

I still love Ultra Black Conditioner, it stops breakage immediately and it makes my scalp tingle. I always come back to this conditioner, here are the ingredients;

Ingredients List:

Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Concentrate, Purified Water, Peppermint Oil, Royal Bee Jelly, Menthol, Stearic Acid, Stearalkonium Chloride, Jojoba Oil, Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Lecithin, Extracts of: (Papaya, Fennel, Kiwi), Tocopherol, Wheat Germ Oil, Ascorbic Acid, Silica, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, FD&C Yellow No.5.

I'm a 4a natural and this is what I use as well (Cathy Howse). I stopped using it for awhile and now I'm back to using it again.

The protein is the Whole Leaf Aloe Vera Concentrate.

CurlyMoo

Great thread OP. :yep: my favorite protein conditioner is Mega-Tek Equine Rebuilder it has hydrolyzed keratin protein and marine protein here are the full ingredients:

Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein, stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate, peg 100 stearate, marine protein, peg 40, panthenal, dimethicone copolyol, magnesium citrate, allantoin, amino acids, methylparaben, mucopoly-saccharides, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance

baddison

natural for good