A Lifetime of Frizzy Ends

Dymmeonds

Hi Ladies!

My best friend has suffered all her life with frizzy ends. She has baby fine fluffy soft natural hair. It feels like what I would imagine a cloud to feel like. Recently she flat ironed her hair (with pressing wax) for a length check and within seconds her ends reverted. I being a confident LHCFer assumed it was her technique and made her sit down against her will so I can "properly" run over her ends with some heat protectant:perplexed...and LO and BEHOLD it seemed as though her ends reverted AS SOON as the flat iron passed over them! She was trying to tell me that I was going through all that work to no avail because it has been this way all her life. She said that only one lady who used to press her hair in her childhood could press her hair straight and shirley temple it to last for 3 weeks with no reversion and this miracle stylist has unfortunately taken her secret to the Great Beyond.

Anyway, I ran across a thread hair that mentioned sealing cuticles to get rid of this problem. Could anyone advise me how to do this?...and if there are any other suggestions that may help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance ladies!

I'm interested in this as well. My ends don't revert immediately, but they do so extremely quickly compared to the rest of my hair.

newflowers

I would say deep conditioning with both protein and then mositure is in order with a good dose of porosity control.

clever

If you think its a poriosity problem then she could try a regenal rinse or poriosity control.Thats very strange that only the ends revert.

Do you know what type of products she uses?What type heat protector does she use?

Dymmeonds

If you think its a poriosity problem then she could try a regenal rinse or poriosity control.Thats very strange that only the ends revert.

Do you know what type of products she uses?What type heat protector does she use?

She is actually a product junkie. She has picked up almost everything in the BSS since cutting off her dreadlocks 4 yrs ago trying to alleviate this problem. Right now I think she is using some Nexxus Shampoo & Conditioner and she deep conditions with Dr. Miracles. Only the ends have this problem ...the shaft is soft and moist. She uses pressing wax whenever she straightens her hair.

clever

How do the ends loook?Are they in good condition or are they rough?Maybe its time for a trim.Other than that I would have her try to use something like beyond the zone heat spray instead of the marcel wax.

Do you know what she does before flat ironing(blow dry,rollerset,airdry?...)

She is actually a product junkie. She has picked up almost everything in the BSS since cutting off her dreadlocks 4 yrs ago trying to alleviate this problem. Right now I think she is using some Nexxus Shampoo & Conditioner and she deep conditions with Dr. Miracles. Only the ends have this problem ...the shaft is soft and moist. She uses pressing wax whenever she straightens her hair.

SoAnxious12

I think a trim and a good protein treatment might work. Oh and while flat ironing makure sure there is NO WATER in the product.

Dymmeonds

How do the ends loook?Are they in good condition or are they rough?Maybe its time for a trim.Other than that I would have her try to use something like beyond the zone heat spray instead of the marcel wax.

Do you know what she does before flat ironing(blow dry,rollerset,airdry?...)

All of her hair is well moisturized. I can tell this by the way her hair stretches. Here hair is soft and moist...as I noted when I tried to straighten it with my technique. Her hair is definitely moist. She usually does an airdry in twists. Once in a while she blowdries.

Last edited:

clever

All of her hair is well moisturized. I can tell this by the way her hair stretches. Here hair is soft and moist...as I noted when I tried to straighten it with my technique. Her hair is definitely moist. She usually does an airdry in twists. Once in a while she blowdries.

:perplexedwow
I really can't think of anything besides using the comb chase method and maybe curling the ends under if she has already tried everything else.I'm a life long natural and I've never heard of hair that only reverts on the ends.

Dymmeonds

:perplexedwow
I really can't think of anything besides using the comb chase method and maybe curling the ends under if she has already tried everything else.I'm a life long natural and I've never heard of hair that only reverts on the ends.

I told her we should try Porosity Control this weekend. She said she has never tried it but she will even though she is "positively sure it won't work." :look:

Should she shampoo as normal and use the Porosity Control as a condish?...or Shampoo, condish and then use Porosity Control?

gymfreak336

You said her hair is naturally baby fine right? Fine hair needs more protein than most especially when you are heat styling. She needs to use protein treatments on a regular and more frequent basis. Fine hair needs more cuticle reinforcement.

Dymmeonds

You said her hair is naturally baby fine right? Fine hair needs more protein than most especially when you are heat styling. She needs to use protein treatments on a regular and more frequent basis. Fine hair needs more cuticle reinforcement.

So should she shampoo, protein deep condish and THEN use Porosity Control? Does that sound right?