frizzy ends

isawstars

My ends always look frizzy after blow drying my hair (with a flat/round brush) and even when I air dry it! I don't want to use a flat iron anymore... what can I do?

dimpalz

Are you oiling it before you blowdry? I usually towel dry my hair then add some leave in and oil to seal. It helps to let it air dry a bit too, usually I wrap mine wet then take it out and blow dry. The secret to getting the ends perfect is to concentrate of the middle lengths of hair when rolling the brush over the section and drying and only roll the brush 2 or 3 times around the ends. Most people roll the brush through the WHOLE length and off the ends then repeat, but you have to remember the ends are the dryest so only roll them a couple of times. It took me about 2 years to get my round brush technique down thru trial and error!

blackbarbie

Sometimes when the ends are frizzy to no avail, it may be that they need to be clipped. Don't know if this is the case or not, but they may just be dry and frazzled and the more you try to straighten them out, the more damage you are doing to them. Be sure it's not that they are just "dried out" or fried.

isawstars

dimpalz said:
Are you oiling it before you blowdry? I usually towel dry my hair then add some leave in and oil to seal. It helps to let it air dry a bit too, usually I wrap mine wet then take it out and blow dry. The secret to getting the ends perfect is to concentrate of the middle lengths of hair when rolling the brush over the section and drying and only roll the brush 2 or 3 times around the ends. Most people roll the brush through the WHOLE length and off the ends then repeat, but you have to remember the ends are the dryest so only roll them a couple of times. It took me about 2 years to get my round brush technique down thru trial and error!

no, i normally don't oil it. I just use a leave in conditioner and a heat protectant. What kind of oil do you use on your ends?

Thanks for the blow drying tips!!!

dimpalz

Well to get an overall shine and keeps the ends happy too you can use any oil really. It's doesnt make a diference what one you use at all. I've been using nexxus botanical oil but that's just because thats the oil I have. You dont need alot tho, you just rub it all over your hair when it's damp. The way I see it is if you dont use something thats oil-based then it's likely to evaporate with the heat and cause frizziness, thats why I try and seal the leave-in and moisture from the water with the oil (this might not actually be the case tho)