A passion for God

LucieLoo12

I read this article and it really ministered to me...wanted to share!:grin:

Authentic Christianity is God-centered because it loves the Lord God with all the heart, mind soul and strength. Evidence of a true knowledge of God is an obsession with the glory of God manifest in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The one consuming passion of the believer is the glory of God because he has witnessed the grandeur, majesty and excellence of the Lord God through the eyes of the Lord Jesus and he can never remain the same thereafter.
The glory of God is the sum weight of all the attributes of God. It sums up all that He is in the awesome beauty of His divine perfections. He is perfectly and infinitely glorious.
The grace of God frees us and enables us to live for His glory. Apart from His enabling grace we can do nothing that will honor and please a righteous and holy God. What we do in our abilities will only dishonor His glorious Name. If I touch it with my hands I ruin it for I am sinful. Only if what I do is covered by His atoning sacrifice will it be acceptable to a holy God.
It is our responsibility to ascribe the glory that is due to His wonderful person. We cannot add to His already perfect glory. We glory in His Name when we worship Him and live with the conviction that His perfections are characteristic of His person.
We live in a way that can mirror His glory. To sin is to bring dishonor and fall short of His glory. The passion of the Christian is to live a life-style that is to the praise of His glory. If that is our supreme passion it will redefine our daily life, and we will not be able to separate our personal lives from our worship of the living God.
It is tragic to see a self-centered, man-centered, humanistic pseudo-christianity in our churches.
If our supreme passion is to bring glory to the LORD God it will redefine our manner of life, our goals, methods and purposes in ministry. It means we will live every moment of our lives to the praise of His glory. The focus is on Him alone. He will share His glory with no one.
An authentic, vital Christianity results in a consecration of the whole person to the Lord Jesus Christ. It takes seriously God’s purpose in our sanctification as to transform us in the image and likeness of Jesus Christ. God’s mystery in bringing glory to Himself is “Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Col. 1:27). Our responsibility in ministry is to “proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, that we may present every man complete in Christ” (v. 28).
We are being transformed as we behold Christ with our spiritual eyes. The apostle Paul said, “But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit” (2 Cor. 3:18). Our responsibility is to “behold” Him in the glory of His divine character with our spiritual eyes. The nearer we keep to Christ the more rapid the change in us. We become like those with whom we associate. “When He shall appear we will be like Him” (1 John 3:2). Our character will be conformed to Christ. If we are to become like Christ we must live closer and closer to Him. We must know Him and see life through His eyes.
As we are being transformed into the image of Christ men will see a glimpse of Him also. Our lives are transformed. It will become evident by the way we conduct our businesses, and our personal lives that we have been with Jesus. Christ is patient, kind, not jealous, does not brag, is not arrogant, etc. That is what it means to be conformed to the image of Christ. Righteousness that is Christ-like bears evidence of His righteousness and therefore the Father is glorified.
Moreover, the transforming secret is “Christ lives in me” (Gal. 2:20). If Christ is living in me I cannot fail to be changed from glory to glory in His image. If we abide in Him, and He in us, it is impossible not to bear fruit in His likeness (John 15:5). By faith we put on Christ. We must let Him live in us and work in us to be and to do His good pleasure.
It is our responsibility to abandon ourselves entirely to Him. Jesus Christ comes to abide in us, and is Himself our life. It begins with a commitment to Christ and a daily commitment of our whole lives to Christ. We hand over to Him our thoughts, our words, our walk, etc. Lord Jesus, I give myself to You, and I move in with Him. We abide in Him. He abides in us. By faith we take off the old person and put on the new in the likeness of Christ. By faith we reckon ourselves dead unto sin, and alive unto God. We are just as dead as we are alive. By faith we realize that our every day life is Christ living in us. By faith we allow the living, loving, glorious, risen Christ to become our dwelling place. The bond with Christ is so powerful that it is described and our being in Christ and His dwelling in us. We are His new dwelling place! We are continually transformed as we allow Him to reign and rule within us. He subdues all things unto Himself (2 Cor. 5:17). It is the living Christ working in us that transforms and conforms us to Christ.
Has Jesus Christ become the one consuming supreme passion of your life? It liberates the soul and frees you to be all that God wants you to be in Christ Jesus. I invite you to join me in this love affair with such a wonderful glorious Lord and Savior. There is none other like Him. This supreme passion to glorify God defines the Christian’s way of life, including our witness and our worship.
There is no greater passion of the soul than to live in expectation for that glory to be manifest through all eternity by redeemed people from every tribe and nation before His throne. We will join in that glorious redeemed body singing:
And the four living creatures, each one of them having six wings, are full of eyes around and within; and day and night they do not cease to say, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come.” “Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created.” . . . And they sang a new song, saying, “Worthy are You to take the book and to break its seals; for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. “Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing” (Revelation 4:8, 11; 5:9, 12).
Selah!
Message by Wil Pounds (c) 2006

loolalooh

Thank you for sharing!

The nearer we keep to Christ the more rapid the change in us. We become like those with whom we associate. ... “Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.”

:)

BostonMaria

Apart from His enabling grace we can do nothing that will honor and please a righteous and holy God.

The harder I try the more I realize that without Christ I can do nothing. I'm struggling right now with my Financial Accounting class and I am going to close my book, walk away, and just talk to God. I can't give up because I know that in my own strength I can't possibly pass this class, but He is a good God and I know He didn't take me this far just to watch me fail.

MrsHaseeb

BostonMaria said:
The harder I try the more I realize that without Christ I can do nothing. I'm struggling right now with my Financial Accounting class and I am going to close my book, walk away, and just talk to God. I can't give up because I know that in my own strength I can't possibly pass this class, but He is a good God and I know He didn't take me this far just to watch me fail.

Anybody taking Financial Accounting needs Jesus. I've been there but unfortunately I didn't know God the way I know him now. It will get better.

auparavant

May the L-rd give you special understanding and clear your mind, opening up your comprehension so that you will not only pass, but pass with a high grade!!! In Jesus' Name, amen.

sidney

Excellent! Funny, as I was asking God earlier this week how I can learn from the word how we can truly love him and demonstrate our passion for him. I know David loved the Lord so I started there. Then I looked up and Song of Songs on my computer from a previous search! I said, thats it! Dont get me wrong, song of songs is about Eros love between a man and a woman. But Solomon had a great passion for his bride in these songs. But scripture declares that someone greater than Solomon is here! How much more passionate is Christ for his bride! Reread song of songs, I focused in particular on the brides part to model how I can demonstrate love to the bridegroom..

sidney

Okay so I am halfway through reading, stop dating the church by josh Harris. He is now talking about sharing our passion. Alicia I keep hearing you say how important it is to be passionate! And that is what Josh Harris is saying here, he says we have to be passionate abour our involvement in the church. He says the church is Gods primary means to reach the world. That is why an important part of the church is expressing a heart for the lost. We have to look for ways to creatively and enthusiastically reach those who don't know Him. I am beginning to believe that passion pleases God. That is why he says to love him with all our hearts, minds, and souls. And to love our neighbors as ourselves. If anyone is passionate it should be Christians. How are we gonna be young with no passion. Look at old Caleb, Joshua 14:10. After 45 Years in the wilderness, he is now 85 and just entering into the promise land. So he says I am as strong today as the day Moses sent me out! I am just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then! Now give me this mountain that the Lord promised me that day!

ITA with you about Summersolstice. The younger people always bring fresh passion for Christ. I need to hang out with yal! I am getting a little of the passion back and for a second i was embarassed by excitement but we shouldnt be. Lets love with all that we are, worship and praise him with all we have, pray fervently, ...lets serve Him with a passion. Lord knows I have been passionate about many things less worthy!

sidney

Isaiah 61:

3 Nations will come to your light,
and kings to the brightness of your dawn.

10In favor I will show you compassion.
11 Your gates will always stand open,
they will never be shut, day or night

18 No longer will violence be heard in your land,
nor ruin or destruction within your borders,
but you will call your walls Salvation
and your gates Praise.

21 Then all your people will be righteous
and they will possess the land foreve
r.

22 The least of you will become a thousand,
the smallest a mighty nation.
I am the LORD;
in its time I will do this swiftly.

May we all be transformed to his image from glory to glory so that we may win the unsaved to Christ! This article has much to meditate on. Thank you! Let's have a passion for Christ and people.

Last edited:

blazingthru

I am always reading but now I am studying or memorizing scripture. I am memorizing scripture over something that I need to get through. Whatever your struggling with its good to find all the scriptures that help heal or encourage you to get through, and as I am doing that I found I do have a whole heart desire to spend time with God and his words give me such comfort. Jesus says he leaves us peace and in his word is peace.
I am studying Psalms 119 everyday morning and night. I want to be able to quote the entire 176 lines of text, and I have asked my prayer partners to learn it as well. This is in addition to my struggles.
I choose this passage because not only is it the 22 letters of the Hebrew Alphabet. it is designed for us to memorize. Virtually, every verse of Psalm 119 has to do with the Word of God. Psalms 119:11 promises that if we hide God's Word in our hearts, it will retard the development of sin in our lives.

Joshua 1:8 ends with a twofold promise: (1) If we read, mediate, and obey God's law, we will prosper; and (2) we will succeed in whatever we do.
I am also reading this book called 100 bible Verses everyone should know by heart. its really worth the time to read.