A question about two serums

spiceykitten

Hello and Happy Easter to Everyone!

I wanted to know has anyone tried to mix the Fantasia straigntening serum with the Chi Silk Infusion?

If so, what were your results?

I have used the Fantasia (pink bottle) and have gotten excellent results just from one swipe of my Fhi iron.

I wonder if the Chi Silk Infusion would be better. I am afraid to use the Chi SI because I have read it made people's hair dry. The Fantasia left my hair feeling like silk and did get it straight and not poofy just from one swipe.

I thank you for your answers in advance.

meverllyn1

spiceykitten said:
Hello and Happy Easter to Everyone!

I have used the Fantasia (pink bottle) and have gotten excellent results just from one swipe of my Fhi iron.

The Fantasia left my hair feeling like silk and did get it straight and not poofy just from one swipe.

I thank you for your answers in advance.

I'm natural, I was looking for a straightening lotion that would straighten my hair without using so much heat. Will it help to keep my hair from reverting? Can you tell me actually what you use and what you do to get your results?;)

GeorginaSparks

I dont mix them. WHat i do is apply silk infusion to my hair when wet and i sprayed fantasia IC in sections after my hair is dry and right before flat ironing

HoneyDew

I mix these. I mix them because the CHI one is pretty costly and I bought it only after all the rave reviews. Alone I did not like it. I airdry and after using the CHI one over my leave-in did not leave my hair feeling the way I like. So I mixed them - only because I did not want to waste the CHI serum. After I finish it, I don't think I will repurchase. The Fantasia is great on its on, in my opinion.

Last edited:

spiceykitten

I really appreciate the response.

Honeydew: I really appreciate you tellng me that you mix them. I will not waste my money due to your response. I really like the Fantasia serum on its own.

Mever..:

I am also natural.

What I did was sit with conditioner in my hair for about three hours. I used a cheap conditioner (Suave milk and honey) mixed with a small amount of amla oil. I wore a plastic cap the whole time and I did not sit under the dryer.

I then washed out the conditioner with a cheap clarifying shampoo (Suave daily clarifying shampoo).

Then I put my hair in 5 big braids and massaged the Fantasis through my hair.

I then blowdryed with a cheap blowdryer (Conair)with a comb attachment.

I then took my Fhi iron and ran a quick swipe through my hair. With one swipe my hair was nice and silky. It was even nice the next day when I combed it out for a picture. I only did a part of my hair to test it.

I was shocked because my hair would get puffy any other time but there was my hair lying flat and my ends even looked great. No fuzzy ends.

I think it would have been better if I had ran a second swipe. I plan on doing my whole head soon. Yet, I warn you this will take time if you have a lot of hair and do not use too much serum because you will feel a little sticky.

Yet, my hair did not revert and my ends looked great. Most importantly my hair was so soft.

Try it and see what happens. I highly recommend the Fantasia (pink bottle)