A question for stretchers

aquajoyice

I'm about to end my 6 month stretch and have noticed the further I got into my stretch the more itchy my scalp got. Not to mention the back of my ears have what seemed to be a little rash? I thought that maybe it was due to the activator gel I use to slick back my edges, but even when I switched to Aloe Vera it was still there? I had to use Cortizone to get it under control. My scalp has never been itchy and i'm wondering why it's starting now that i'm stretching beyond 8 weeks? :ohwell:

Aggie

I was gonna suggest using some MN for the rash but the cortizone should work just as well. Also, have you been clarifying your hair and scalp at all and how often? If you are using commercial and even some natural products on your hair daily, (which causes build-up) then clarifying is something you should do about once a month to control the build-up. I hope others will chime in with some more help for you.

Arcadian

If you're not already doing a weekly DC, you may want to start. If you have a lot of new growth + a lot of relaxed ends, be sure to shampoo carefully when you clarify. by 4-5 months I use a scalp scrubby to help me not tangle my hair too much when I wash.

Not sure how long you have left to go, but I stopped at about 6-6 1/2 months. I think that really is my limit.

-A

Desarae

It's probably all of the conditoner you are using building up on your scalp, (assuming you are conditioning the ng more and more the further you get in your stretch like most people do)

Maybe you can try not to get it on your scalp as much and make sure you are really cleansing your hair when you shampoo (assuming you use shampoo)

Traycee

It's probably all of the conditoner you are using building up on your scalp, (assuming you are conditioning the ng more and more the further you get in your stretch like most people do)

Maybe you can try not to get it on your scalp as much and make sure you are really cleansing your hair when you shampoo (assuming you use shampoo)

I agree with DesiRae.....Styaing away from chemicals is not going to break you out....Its probably something your using on your hair...Probably your conditioner or shampoo...

U really cant relax now until thats cleared up...Taking some Benezryl will help with the itching