A Question for those who take Biotin...

Sascha

Stay at home Mommy
I want to add some biotin to my diet for my hair and hopefully some weight loss, and I have some questions:
1) How much do you ladies take daily?
2) Do you take it all at once or space it throughout the day with meals.
3) What brand of biotin has just Not worked for you
4) Which Brand are you having sucess with.

I want to make an informed purchase. Please inclued any information that you think I may need to know. Thank you!

AnjelLuvs

Okay from what I having been hearing on the boards is that Freeda is the best brand for Biotin, and Puritan Pride might be a close second, which is what I am using now. I only take 1mg or 1000mcg per day, due to breakout that I tend to get, because i sometimes dont drink a lot of water, but bout to increase dosage again to Freeda's 2.5mg, yeh I might make that switch. I take my pills in the morning usually with a meal all at once, just becasue I might forget during the day.

I think I answered everything HTH

Neroli

I take one Natural Factors 300mcg biotin tablet one time each day, along with my other vitamins. Been taking for several months and I THINK it works -- I mean, it's hard to judge 'cause I'm doing so many other good things and my hair is doing so well, probably because of a combination of things: biotin (maybe), reduced heat (definitely), condition washes (definitely), etc.

BTW, I have been taking one Natural Factors Hi Potency B complex once a day for years --it has only 60mcg biotin.

alliyah4eva203

i've been taking 10mg or 10000mcg of puritan pride biotin for exactly 3 months now.
due ti biotin and a combination of other vitamins my hair is growing much faster and alot thicker than it has ever been. plus it never broke me out in spots(this happened with quite a few people)

EXSQUISIT

I take 3mg of spring valley biotin(Walmart brand) a day all at once. I did try gnc biotin once but I find the results were the same for me. I do feel it has helped my hair grow faster.

Sascha

Stay at home Mommy
Thank you so much everyone for your replies. Everyones dosage is so different! 2.5 mg, 10mg,3mg hmmmm I'm not sure where to start

lthomas1

Hair Power!
I use the puritan pride 5000mg of biotin. Make sure you drink alot of water with your vitamins. This will lessen the chance of any skin problems.