How much biotin should I take?

*KP*

Hi all,

I recently bought a multivitamin for women and biotin. I only bought a small pack of biotin because I wanted to see how well it worked for me first. I bought a pack of 90 at 300mcg, which is supposedly 100% of RDA.

Now, from reading these boards it seems as though that is not very much. I have seem some posts where people are taking 6000-7000 mcg.

I just want to know from you guys....do you take biotin? If so, how much? What results have you seen? Has anybody seen impressive results taking 300mcg or less?

DivaRox

I take at least 5k mcg daily-this is the dosage that my derm recommended. I had no idea that he really knew what he was talking about(hairwise) until I came here and saw it being raved about:lachen:

I have been experimenting so much this year that I can't say for sure what biotin has done or not done for me. I've been taking it for 1 year now. I told my coworker about it and she attributes her previously thin, now thick hair to biotin.

vslady

I take 2500 as recommended by my derm. I tried to increase the dosage to 5000 at one point but ended up with huge, hard, cystic pimples along my jawline. I am sticking with 2500. You should definitely increase your water intake if you plan to increase your dosage of Biotin in order to spare your skin. HTH

*KP*

OK so I went back to get some more biotin and I discovered GNC's hair, skin and nails formula. It has 3000mcg of biotin as well as some other stuff (I don't have the label to hand) that is meant to be good for hair growth.

I'll see how it goes over the next month