A scarf that makes your hair grow?....

graCeful_89

I went to the beauty supply store on Friday, with the intention of buying a clip on bun, for a protective style & these people didn't have anymore! You bloody LHCF ladies took 'em all!:lachen: Anyways, I also went to buy a relaxer and a much needed silk scarf. I didn't even read the packet, but as I went to open it earlier today, it said "Triple Gro Satin - with Built In Growth Treatment, repairs, rebonds, rebuilds. Longer stronger hair in one month guaranteed." Now, correct me if I'm wrong but is this even possible? And have any of you ever heard of this before? It's made in Dominican Republic..

Instructions: Wear at night as you would any "regular" bonnet. You will see gradual improvement in the feel (softness, shine, managability) of your hair and less breakage as time goes on. Do not wash TRIPLE GRO SATIN or conditioning effect will be removed. To preserve maximum effectiveness of growth treatment keep TRIPLE GRO SATIN in this resealable bag. Replace TRIPLE GRO SATIN every 6 weeks.

www.triplegro.com

How...interesting.:rolleyes:

SPEAK!

I've heard of the Triple Gro line, but not the satin scarfs. But I also think you can get more responses to your question if you post it in the Hair Care Tips and Products Review Discussion forum.

I went to the beauty supply store on Friday, with the intention of buying a clip on bun, for a protective style & these people didn't have anymore! You bloody LHCF ladies took 'em all!:lachen: Anyways, I also went to buy a relaxer and a much needed silk scarf. I didn't even read the packet, but as I went to open it earlier today, it said "Triple Gro Satin - with Built In Growth Treatment, repairs, rebonds, rebuilds. Longer stronger hair in one month guaranteed." Now, correct me if I'm wrong but is this even possible? And have any of you ever heard of this before? It's made in Dominican Republic..

Instructions: Wear at night as you would any "regular" bonnet. You will see gradual improvement in the feel (softness, shine, managability) of your hair and less breakage as time goes on. Do not wash TRIPLE GRO SATIN or conditioning effect will be removed. To preserve maximum effectiveness of growth treatment keep TRIPLE GRO SATIN in this resealable bag. Replace TRIPLE GRO SATIN every 6 weeks.

www.triplegro.com

How...interesting.:rolleyes:

SPEAK!

those claims are complete TRASH. they're just regular ol' satin bonnets. hair growth is affected by things like diet, genetics, and topical growth aids like miconazole nitrate and boundless tresses; and bonnets simply just don't affect growth.

although i suppose it could help with length retention, if you wore the thing for months at a time :grin:

but nah. it's trash. i got suckered in back in high school... i remember getting mad when my hair would always be the same length, lol

also, go to the website and look at the "testimonials". about half of them snitches on there clearly have in tracks / weave... i think i even saw a full head of wig...

it makes me sad when companies make up these false claims... because so many women fall for them, and don't get any closer to longer, healthier hair...

lol i have this same scarf....didnt do anything it was just a normal scarf to me. iv had it wayyyy longer than 6 weeks. im not gonna buy a new 1 every 6 weeks!

those claims are complete TRASH. they're just regular ol' satin bonnets. hair growth is affected by things like diet, genetics, and topical growth aids like miconazole nitrate and boundless tresses; and bonnets simply just don't affect growth.

although i suppose it could help with length retention, if you wore the thing for months at a time :grin:

but nah. it's trash. i got suckered in back in high school... i remember getting mad when my hair would always be the same length, lol

ITA. And if you look at the tag, it is not silk. It's polyester or something.

I have that scarf and I laughed at the claim. I hope people don't actually purchase it in hopes it will make their hair grow. I just needed a scarf and those were the only ones in Walmart at the time. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Last edited:
Don't know whether it's the scarf material or the inbedded crap but it caused little bits of hair breakage{long before discovering LHCF} ;took a few nights to determine the culprit. Once again..it's CRAP!

These claims are false I am sure. I would just buy it for it's silk like qualities, not because of all this magical growth you are(n't) going to get.

Maybe that's the gimmick so people are constantly replacing their scarves instead of washing it and keeping it for a long time.

Great marketing idea... but they aren't fooling us!

I really wish these manufacturers of these so called "miracle products and accessories that GROW your hair" would just stop. I so wish they would change the terminology to length retention. All of us here at LHCF know that growth is what makes your hair lengthen...when your body internally grows the hair and you nurture and take care of it to ACCUMULATE length. But then of course they would lose money because terms like "length retention, hair end support, stop the breakage and keep the oldest parts of your hair which are the ends because that is how long hair is achieved, hair grows from the scalp not the ends", are not "catchy" enough & the common consumer is not educated about these things. I am ranting again. Sorry ladies. :)

It's all about being an educated consumer, in every aspect. I started researching online about haircare in 2000 and have never stopped because I realized that SOMETHING had to be wrong with the way information was being given on commercials, product boxes, radio, etc. Something just WASN'T right, and sadly still isn't with products like hair growing scarves. LOL! I just have to laugh about that! I couldn't understand, and to this day still can't, why almost EVERY black woman I saw had hair that looked like someone chewed it up and spit it out. But here I was, with a full head of healthy looking hair (I was relaxed at the time) and when people would ask me what I do to my hair, and I would tell them that I practiced low maintenance, deep conditioning (at home and not paying a stylist to put a $1.29 worth of Lekair in my hair and charge me $15 for it :naughty:) and didn't get a retouch every 6 weeks like some women, they would start with the "Oh, it's cause you got that &%$# hair" scenario. No, it's because I have great hair maintenance habits. I hope and pray that we get ourselves together and stop falling for the okey doke, on everything, not just this hair thang. Knowledge is truly power. Be blessed ladies. :)

I used a silk scarf right before i bought this TRASH. This thing dried my hair out like nothing else. I always airdried my hair after washing (before the BC). Real silk scarves made my hair shiny and smooth. When I used this my hair was dry and the material snagged my hair. IT SUCKS!!! Everything it says it will do, it did exactly the OPPOSITE!! I had to go back to the store and look at the claims on the package again to make sure I didn't just imagine what I read.

Yep, I bought this too...not for growth, but because I needed a new bonnet and this was the only one the store had. If I am not mistaken it says that after it is washed the " growth enhancers" will be washed away...

Yeah, I bought that 2 years ago.... And no it does not grow hair.... matter of fact, it broke my ends off because it snagged the bits of hair I had... omg.... like if you already wear a silk/satin scarf every night, this wont do wonders for you anyway.

Yes, those scarves are complete garbage. I went to the store and just picked up a scarf (not paying attention to the brand) and it made my hair SO frizzy...I dont know what kind of chemical they 'permeate' the fabric with, but it didnt agree with my hair.

On a plus side, I looked at the website, and they do seem to be pretty well informed about hair care. All the information in the "Myths" section is pretty accurate. Its a pity they are trying to sucker the consumers...lol

Girl, I'm wearing mine right now. Don't leave your hair loose in the thing. Your ends will dry up and break. I keep my hair wrapped under it and put some leave-in on my ends. When I get a chance to go to Sally's, I'm going to get a REAL satin/silk scarf.

I had that mess of a scarf too. I didn't know it was a "magic gro" scarf till after the purchase. It had a funny smell to it but other than that it was a regular BSS scarf. Waste of money IMO.

LMFAO I was going to post about this one today!! I have the bonnet...not because i thought it was going to make my hair grow, but because it comes in kute colors usch as pink, purple, green, and brown loool i have yet to see any length *smh* I just wanted to see what you ladies thought

Wow, I just got it cause that's all they had too! Now, I'm afraid to use it cause you all are saying it makes the hair break. Thanks for advice! Thats all I needed to know. I chucking this thing TONIGHT.

I am dominican and never heard of that product. I can say thats completely BS, if it would take a scarf to grow hair, then everybody would have hair down their butts.

I am dominican and never heard of that product. I can say thats completely BS, if it would take a scarf to grow hair, then everybody would have hair down their butts.

Thats what I was thinking! I'm like..I'm dominican & have been to my country & yet I've never seen or heard of this fugahzie product. Lies..:nono:

I got one not too long ago. I read the claims and was like ''Ooooh'' :grin: I knew it was most likely a bold face lie, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try. If it helped retain length or gave extra growth, GREAT. If not, oh well, cause my hair's gonna grow and be healthy anyway :yep:

Back