A Sylist Suggested this...What Do Ya'll Think?

InJesusName

When the lady who braids my hair saw my edeges, she suggested a different alternative. She calls it "quick weave" but it can't be healthy! Basically she used the forbidden brown gel to slick down the client's hair until it was plastered to her head. Then she GLUED tracks to the gelled down hair. It was kinda cute, but I was like:eek: :eek: :eek: !!

My DH's sister has this style, but this can't be healthy! Has anyone tried this or is my assumption that this is bad news correct?

Twisties

Hmm, slicked down hair, with braids glued on top does not sound healthy...

Ok, I wonder how are they taken out - shampooed? How long would this style last too?

People are very creative these days:perplexed .

Sweetyb

I've never heard of that. If the glue is touching your scalp/skin, I don't think it's very healthy at all.

The "quick weave" that I'm familiar with is the 3/4th wig you wear with your hair line sticking out to cover the top of the wig. Those are a great protective style.

Maynard

Girl....they been wearing quick weaves for years in Ohio.

That ish will have you hair "quickly" pulled out and you will need a weave.

Find another alternative,she dont know what she talking about...

guesswho

Twisties said:
Hmm, slicked down hair, with braids glued on top does not sound healthy...

Ok, I wonder how are they taken out - shampooed? How long would this style last too?

People are very creative these days:perplexed .

I agree this sure don't sound healthy! And I'm aslo wondering how they taking it off, imagine how much hair coming out from the glue on your hair! Lord! The thought:(

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL
My friend had that style years ago. Her stylist:
- gelled her hair back and sat her under the dryer until it got hard.
- gelled the cap on and sat her under the dryer again to harden the gel.
- glued tracks on the cap and styled the hair.

Her style was cute, but the shedding and breakage later on wasn't. She couldn't get to her scalp to scratch, so she straightened hair pins to poke through (which probably contributed to breakage). All that brown gel didn't help either.

She removed the weave at home about two weeks later, and she said it was really messy with all the shampooing and glue remover. By the time she got to her hair, it was a broken dry mess. She never that type of quick weave again. She wore braids for a while, and then went back to regular weaves.

Last edited:

InJesusName

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought this was hair torture! Now that I am bald at the temples from corn rows, I am going back to weave. My stylist uses a technique where she creates a base of bantu knots and thread in a grid formation and attaches tracks to that. She can leave my edges out so I can baby them. I'll do that for eight weeks then (sigh) go back to roller setting (I hate doing my own hair!!!!)