A Year in Prison for Refusing to Bake Cake for Gay Wedding?

Galadriel

When I first caught the headline via Facebook, I assumed this was in the UK--but no, this happened in Colorado.

-------------------

The owners of a Colorado bakery could face up to a year in prison for refusing to make a cake for a gay couple. Dave Mullins, 28, and Daniel Craig, 33, filed a discrimination complaint against Jack Phillips, one of the owners of Masterpiece Cakeshop, for denying them a cake for their Massachusetts wedding.
“Religious freedom is a fundamental right in America and it’s something that we champion at the ACLU,” said Mark Silverstein, the legal director of the group in Colorado, which filed the complaint last year on behalf of Mullins and Craig. “We are all entitled to our religious beliefs and we fight for that. But someone’s personal religious beliefs don’t justify breaking the law by discriminating against others in the public sphere.”
The couple alleges that after looking at pictures of different cakes in the shop, Phillips told them he wouldn’t make a cake after discovering it was to celebrate their wedding in Colorado after being married in Massachusetts. Phillips stated that doing so would violate his Christian beliefs.
“We would close down that bakery before we closed our beliefs,” Phillips told CBS Denver station KCNC-TV.
Source HERE.

mensa

I side with the bakery owners. Since this happened about a year ago, I wonder what the outcome was?

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
And folks wonder why I'm so passionate against the gay agenda... :fistshake:

Yesterday, I was reading Judges 19. Iwanthealthyhair67 had mentioned a Bible account which opened my heart to seek God's Word. I was so blessed.

Bear with me for just a moment... God gave us a Word from Healthy Hair's Bible mention. :yep: :up:

The Word mentioned a group of 700 warriors who were left-handed and were so very skilled in battle that they never missed their target...never! That's how skilled they were. And indeed their confidence was high in their skills.

Yet.... Yet.... Yet.... when the children of God lead them out of their territory, God took them out. They were defeated and never 'rose' up again.

Where am I going with this? :yep:

If anyone is going to jail, it will be these two gay men who have gone too far. Especially when they have other options. If there is one 'hair' fragment of deception and malice in their actions against any Christian that disagrees with their lifestyle, just one fragment of it, it they who will pay the penalty and in full.

They had the full option of selecting another bakery who supports their lifestyle. Yet they sought out, with purpose and malicious intent a Christian business to sue and make trouble for, especially when they did not have to do so.

Enough is Enough...

Father God please show them who you are and who you always will be and that you are the defender of those who love and serve you. That's your Word and your Promise. Let this bakery owner be vindicated for all the world to see and that the fear and the dread of you shall be upon those who despitefully come against your children who chose to honour and serve you and not their sin.

In Jesus' Name. Amen and Amen.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
This story just sickens me. I fear they will make an example out of those poor business owners :nono: God help us!

Claim the Victory for them, Baby Girl, Claim God's Total Victory for this Bakery owner and for all other Christian and even non-Christian business owners and staff who choose not to celebrate nor participate, nor encourage gay marriage.

Claim God's Victory, not their defeat. God is greater than this sin and those who dwell therein... Claim God's Victory.

They shall not be overcome by the enemy... :nono:

:bighug:

Belle Du Jour

And folks wonder why I'm so passionate against the gay agenda... :fistshake:

Yesterday, I was reading Judges 19. Iwanthealthyhair67 had mentioned a Bible account which opened my heart to seek God's Word. I was so blessed.

Bear with me for just a moment... God gave us a Word from Healthy Hair's Bible mention. :yep: :up:

The Word mentioned a group of 700 warriors who were left-handed and were so very skilled in battle that they never missed their target...never! That's how skilled they were. And indeed their confidence was high in their skills.

Yet.... Yet.... Yet.... when the children of God lead them out of their territory, God took them out. They were defeated and never 'rose' up again.

Where am I going with this? :yep:

Amen sister. :yep: Your post reminded me of Psalm 35:

Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me; Fight against those who fight against me.

And Psalm 110:

The LORD says to my Lord: “Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.”

MrsHaseeb

MrsHaseeb

"The Colorado Attorney General's office filed a formal complaint last week after the ACLU initiated the process last year on behalf of David Mullins and Charlie Craig. The case is scheduled for a hearing in September before Colorado's Civil Rights Commission."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/07/gay-colorado-couple-sues-bakery-for-allegedly-refusing-them-wedding-cake/#ixzz2YvifXXa3

Thanks Belle. Ill be praying for these people. This place is getting more and more ridiculous. I officially hate it here. This case shouldn't even still be going on.

momi

Edited: sounded a little self-righteous. :ohwell:

Last edited: