Aaliyah Hair Care!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Most of her hair secrets are as much of a mystery as other aspects of herlife, but we know that she has it pressed twice a month and she cares for it by wrapping her hair and securing it with two scarves (no pins!). Her hair has been trained not to use a relaxer (her hair was natural) and although we always see it flowing over her shoulders in dead straight manner, it has been braided, pinned into a French roll and even spiral curled.

An Interview with Darling:
Darling: Would you ever cut your hair?

Aaliyah: No. When I made it with "Back And Forth" my hair was shoulder length and I hated it. As far as I'm concerned, the longer the better.

Darling: But you must actually have curly hair, right?

Aaliyah: My hair has always been straight. I've always had it straight.

Darling: My sister has curly hair and she always straightens it but it can't be very good for one's hair?

Aaliyah: To straighten it?

Darling: Yes, it must be very damaging.

Aaliyah: Well, it depends on your hair. Here, you see - mine isn't relaxed. So I don't do anything that isn't good for my hair. I just press it and its actually healthier for my hair. Right now, I've also tinted it black.

lovechic

I HAVED ALWAYS LOVED AALIYAH'S HAIR STYLES! ESPECIALLY HER SLEEK STRAIGHT STYLE WITH THE FRONT SWOOPED TO THE SIDE AND TUCKED BEHIND THE EAR! I COPIED THAT! MAN, I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MY HAIR GROWS BACK! I MISS IT AND AALIYAH TOO! RIP BABYGIRL!!!!!

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I wonder how she kept her hair from poofing if she was sweating in a concert?

[/ QUOTE ] yeah and who can tell us how she did it????