ANyone keep a hair journal

I keep a hair journal w/ a report cover on it that tracks my measurements, what supplements im taking, when i perm my hair, what products im using, what new styles im doing and has pictures of my hair inspirations: Aaliyah,that girl for the gentle treatment perm, that girl for Mizani, that girl 4 Profectiv(wish my hair looked that healthy and thick) and 2 others . It also includes those hair commandements honey vibe started. I know Im obsessed but this has to be teh coolest obsession in teh world /images/graemlins/cool.gif. <font color="blue"> </font color>

Allandra

I keep a spreadsheet that includes the date of my touch ups and my trims. I've been keeping track of this since January 2000. BTW, I also think this is a cool obsession. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tara

I also keep a hair journal (blush, blush)! I want to put it online eventually but I created a chart to check off what vitamins I am using, what products I like and didn't because well....

One issue I had as a reformed pj, was in the past, I would buy a product, use it once because I hated it, and forget as SOON as someone posted that they had great results with it! LOL! So This journal helps to "remind" me.

Then I take pics too, lol!

Tara

I just discovered this when looking through the archives I just posted.

ONLINE HAIR JOURNALS!!

But anyway, if you want to keep a written journal and do it electronically, here is a site that was recommended a long time ago:

http://www.deardiary.net/index.shtml

edited to add, I think I will use this format, I *think* you can use pictures with this too so that would be perfect.

H

HoneyRockette

I just started keeping a hair journal. It is more of an experiement log; just in case my braids don't help me to achieve my goal I can see where I went wrong. It is an online journal. I would love to keep a day by day or a week by week journal but I simply don't have the time, (in other words I am too lazy). I don't trust myself to keep a written journal either for that reason. My whole journal is simply my before picture and my regimen. I think keeping a picture of my hair before, (short, stiff and dull looking) is more of an inspiration than keeping a picture of someone with shining cascading hair down their backs. That just makes me feel worse for some reason. I was thinking of adding some hair commandments or something too. I don't look at my hair journal all the time though. I want to see some progress first. I am using my hair journal as more of a reflection for after I have reached my goal. It never seems like a journey once you've made it.

daviine

I have a hair journal template that I created on MS Word years ago but don't really use. I have a little monthly calendar that I write what I did when I washed my hair---hot oil, shampoo, conditioner used, method of drying and if I really like the way it ended or don't I indicate with that with stars, I write when I got a touchup and when I'm expecting a new one. I also schedule what conditioners I'd like to try. The only problem is sometimes I can't find it!!!!1

I keep pictures over at BHCAB but I opened a picture trail account but I haven't done anything with it yet.

notsomebody

I keep a journal. I note any changes in my routine whether it be vitamins, diet, or styling. I track the products I use with success and keep a list of the ones that didn't work on the last page. I also keep a list of things I'd like to try with descriptions and prices. I love it. It gives me something to do while I am under the heating cap or dryer.

pebbles

I've just started keeping a journal. I document new products I try and how they turned out, growth, vitamins etc. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A

AmilLion

I've started keeping a hair journal in a spreadsheet format. I document when I wash my hair, what shampoo, conditioners, leave-in treatment and hair dress I use. I note how long I left conditioners on my hair, if I used a hood dryer or not and my daily maintenance if I did something out of the ordinary such as one day flat-ironing hair.

I note when I get relaxers, who puts them in, what type of relaxer was put in and the effects on my hair and scalp. I take photos of my hair each time I get it relaxed with a disposable camera and figured every 2 relaxers, I'll develop the film so that I'm not discouraged at seeing only 8 weeks of growth (about 1.5-2"). This way I'm noticing 16 weeks of growth (about 3-4").