ACV after a relaxer?

G

Since the acv rinse is supposed to restore the ph, after I relax, condition, shampoo... can I stick an acv rinse in before my final deep condition? Just wondering... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm not sure who exactly does this but I think Susanna from the old BHSGO used to do this.

It sounds like a good idea to me but I never could get the nerve to ask any stylist to do this......

Would it burn? I don't know? Maybe if you had scalp burns.... hmmmmm, I'm thinking that it would remove that buildup that you can get from a relaxer, you know? That residue that we recommend you wash out 3 days after the relaxer? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Okay here is the link where Susana recommends this. Her site is really wonderful. It's where I first learned to rollerset and also how I started out with herbal acv rinses.

Check it out!

Hope this helps!

Everytime I see that guy ----> /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I think of the scene in The Nutty Professor where the mom says "Hercules! Hercules!" LOL!!!!

Great site Davine. Thanks!! I'm gonna surf through this later!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Caramela said:
Since the acv rinse is supposed to restore the ph, after I relax, condition, shampoo... can I stick an acv rinse in before my final deep condition? Just wondering... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Caramela,

I do that after I rinse the neutralizing shampoo out. I rinse with warm water again, then I condition after that.

Wow, I had no idea an acv rinse would work right after a relaxer. I'll try it later this month when I relax again. The info here is so great!! I love this board!! /images/graemlins/love.gif

Back