Adding Fragrance to Oil

Ipanema

Does anyone know what I can use to add frangrance to unscented oils--like olive oil or mineral oil (I know mineral oil is supposed to be bad for hair, but my hair loves it). I was thinking of putting a few drops of my cologne into the bottle, but I think cologne contains alcohol, which could be drying. Any suggestions?

Allandra

A drop or two of lavender (essential oil) would give it a nice fragrance. I also like the scent of lemongrass and sweet orange (both essential oils).

Ipanema

Thanks for replying. Sweet orange & lemongrass sounds interesting. I don't know about lavender, though, because I don't want bumblebees buzzing around my head
. But where can I buy essential oils, and how much do they cost? How much comes in a bottle?

Elyse

You can also buy essential oils at most of your local health food stores. I like to add lavender, mint and rosemary

Ipanema

Okay, those prices aren't so bad if all I need to use is a drop or two. Thanks for the link. I'll be walking around this summer with my hair smelling like eucalyptus & mint...

Ipanema

You know what? I had actually been thinking of creating my own aromatherapy soaps & lotions. That Cedarvale has everything
Well, you learn something new everyday.